Russell Wilson Discussion Thread - Split with Seahawks?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Russell Wilson Discussion Thread - Split with Seahawks?

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:42 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:35 am Only 4 more years of guarantees? 5? Yikes
Disaster. I think the odds aren't too bad that Geno is the better QB from here on out, taking contract, and picks and players out of the equation. Adding it in, the Hawks are soooo much further ahead as a franchise now.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:46 am

Seriously, what the hell happened to Russ?
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:24 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:46 am Seriously, what the hell happened to Russ?
He was being propped up by an ELITE OFFENSIVE MIND in Pete Carroll.

No, but actually, we always joked that those Seahawks offenses wanted nothing more than to establish on all three downs. They refused to "let Russ cook" - despite having two of the best receivers in the game.

And it really does look like they may have been on to something.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:24 am

Russ looks slow, fat, and stupid out there now.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:48 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:46 am Seriously, what the hell happened to Russ?
he's just an unfunny version of zapp branningan.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:09 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:35 am Only 4 more years of guarantees? 5? Yikes
Both his contract, and Kyler's are looking pretty bad. Russ's especially. Imagine if it was fully guaranteed! :lol: :wink:

Russ will be stealing money for years if he keeps playing like this. Hard to believe they gave up 2 firsts, 2 seconds(?) and players as well. That 23 first is top 5 right now, I think.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:47 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:09 am
Both his contract, and Kyler's are looking pretty bad. Russ's especially. Imagine if it was fully guaranteed! :lol: :wink:

Russ will be stealing money for years if he keeps playing like this. Hard to believe they gave up 2 firsts, 2 seconds(?) and players as well. That 23 first is top 5 right now, I think.
Yep, #4 as of right now. High value pick for Seattle to add more pieces.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:56 am

He really fooled a lot of us. From the outside looking in I think most of us thought Pete was crazy. He obviously saw things in practice. G. Smith is playing at a completely different level.

Instead of let Russ Cook it looks like Russ is Cooked. Maybe a different system will help but the Broncos look like the worst team in the league with no draft capital to get better anytime soon.

It is rather stunning given the expectations just after the trade errrr fleecing. :confused:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:16 am

The combo of terrible QB play on top of terrible coaching is tough to watch. Wish I had sold out of the one Wilson share I had, but in SF I had high hope. Russ definitely had us all fooled. And why the hell cant he scramble at all any more. One of his major attributes was being able to extend plays and drives with his legs. Went from consistent 350-500 yards a season to 150. Did he really get old and slow that fast? Was it an injury? Is he just unwilling?

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:21 am

CGW wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:16 am And why the hell cant he scramble at all any more.
they let him cook, he got fat.

he has lost a step or even two, it was clear last season too: he took so many avoidable sacks, just because his brain thought he could break away like he used to, but his legs firmly disagreed. he used to be quite accurate though.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:35 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:42 am
Disaster. I think the odds aren't too bad that Geno is the better QB from here on out, taking contract, and picks and players out of the equation. Adding it in, the Hawks are soooo much further ahead as a franchise now.
aren't too bad? I almost guarantee Geno will be better..... Sure Hackett sucks and they aren't catering to what he is reasonably effective at (get the man out of the pocket), but he is not that guy anymore
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:25 am

Good thing I saw this coming and picked Zach Wilson as my QB2. Dang that smarts. lol

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:35 am

pvillebiker wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:25 am Good thing I saw this coming and picked Zach Wilson as my QB2. Dang that smarts. lol
Just do us all a favor and stay away from Garrett Wilson

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:54 am

Russell Wilson always had short comings as a passer, and they were on display ever year and showed up most in big games and the playoffs. He is short and has trouble playing on schedule. Mad Dog talk about Wilson being overrated for many years.

Russell Wilson was also able to make plays happen, off schedule. If he is losing athletic ability, which seems to be happening, then I am not sure what is left as a pro QB.

Kyler Murray has these same issues, but he is not as good as a young Russell Wilson.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:12 am

Through the first 4 weeks this year, Wilson was at a 4/1 TD/INT ratio with a rush TD. You can cite other stats as well backing up that Wilson was playing better than his current fantasy production.

In that week 4 game, he suffered an injury to his throwing shoulder, variously referred to as a torn lat or torn labrum. Prescott got a similar injury last year to his non throwing shoulder, took a month off and had a surgery to address it this offseason.

In Wilson's 6 games he's played since (missed one game), he's thrown 4/4, with no rushing TD and his only fumble of the year. Wilson's best rushing game was that week 4 matchup, adding a season high 29 yards and tying a season high 4 attempts to go with his only rush TD. To give an example how severely his rushing has fallen off the cliff, he has 24 yards TOTAL on 10 attempts the last three games.

If Wilson's shoulder injury is the root cause of his poor performances this year, he's a screaming buy in all formats, regardless of whether SF or not.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def