Sell me on Calvin Ridley

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Re: Sell me on Calvin Ridley

Postby TheTroll » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:34 pm

Regardless JAX needs to open up this offense! Both can feast!
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:30 am

Was happy to find that Ridley was still capable of playing football this year. Opportunity to move on from him presented itself and I took it. Was a little too feast or famine for me. Ended up netting a 1st, a 4th and Dalton Schultz. (This was in like week 3)

Packaged Mayfield with him for it, (which ended up hurting a bit due to my QB situation) but the 1st turned into 1.07 and Schultz having a solid season saved me with Goedert being pretty unreliable and then going down for a stretch. Still pretty happy with the move
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:29 am

Seems to me that either no one or everyone was more or less right about Ridley. He was fine but nothing better than fine. A must start in most leagues/formats/teams but a low end WR2 that was fairly boom/bust. He's definitely still capable of playing football. And has been a good fantasy asset this year. But he also wasn't elite, difference making, top-12 (WR1) or anything close. (After teasing us week one.)

I have no idea what he's worth in dynasty and I'm glad I sold on him earlier this season. If he's in JAX next season, great. If not, who knows.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:39 pm

He's one of the many in a category of talented but not making the most of it.

He's a 12 team WR2, maybe the low end of that range. Probably not getting much in trade so I'll hold and not sell low. Feels like Christian Kirk has better chemistry.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:19 am

I am a little more positive - after all - a WR2 which most likely didn’t cost much since a lot might have gotten him from the waivers or a 3rd is not bad!! Also things to consider:

1) this was his first year after a long absence
2) Lawrence and the Jaguars severely underperformed compared to expectations

That being said huge question marks for next year since I wonder what will happen this offseason if he stays with the Jags or if he/they move on!
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:47 am

WR31 in points per game on the season. Still useable WR3 in fantasy, but clearly not a spring chicken anymore either, going into his age 30 season next year. I wouldn't be looking to spend much to acquire him.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:44 am

CGW wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:47 am WR31 in points per game on the season. Still useable WR3 in fantasy, but clearly not a spring chicken anymore either, going into his age 30 season next year. I wouldn't be looking to spend much to acquire him.
Off topic, but is that what people consider someone’s season? Whatever they are at the end of it? Ridley will be 29 virtually all of next season.

Not that it matters. I agree he’s a WR3/flex type. If you’re contending you could do worse than having him. Wouldn’t go out of my way to acquire either.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:34 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:44 am
CGW wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:47 am WR31 in points per game on the season. Still useable WR3 in fantasy, but clearly not a spring chicken anymore either, going into his age 30 season next year. I wouldn't be looking to spend much to acquire him.
Off topic, but is that what people consider someone’s season? Whatever they are at the end of it? Ridley will be 29 virtually all of next season.
He'll be 30 by the time we're next talking about it in its aggregate.

Yes. If they turn older during the season then that is their "age __" season. That's just common grammar and english.

We can definitely hammer it home a few more times, though. Calvin Ridley, nearly 30. Calvin Ridley, closer to death and retirement than ever. Calvin Ridley, quite disappointing in his swan-song years. Calvin Ridley, the age cliff is near.

Calvin Ridley. Nearly 30. :thumbup:

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:12 am

I was wrong on him. Thought a WR1 season was possible, but that was off the mark. I’ll hold unless I get an early 2nd at this point, he could still return WR2 numbers.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:59 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:12 am I was wrong on him. Thought a WR1 season was possible, but that was off the mark. I’ll hold unless I get an early 2nd at this point, he could still return WR2 numbers.
he wasn't bad. #16 in my league. very inconsistent week to week
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:33 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:12 am I was wrong on him. Thought a WR1 season was possible, but that was off the mark. I’ll hold unless I get an early 2nd at this point, he could still return WR2 numbers.
Curious where he goes. Can't see the Jags retaining him at that price. Jags would lose a 2nd if they sign him, and a 3rd if they don't. He didn't do very much.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:11 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:33 pm
Curious where he goes. Can't see the Jags retaining him at that price. Jags would lose a 2nd if they sign him, and a 3rd if they don't. He didn't do very much.
Agreed. Th argument went from "We are only giving up 1 higher round of a pick to retain a good WR at cost" to "I think a 2nd rounder is better than Ridley + 3rd"

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:33 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:11 am
Agreed. Th argument went from "We are only giving up 1 higher round of a pick to retain a good WR at cost" to "I think a 2nd rounder is better than Ridley + 3rd"
You also have to factor in that 2nd rounder will be making less money than Ridley, too. So you could add another FA elsewhere for the same cost.

So it's really Ridley and a 3rd or a 2nd rounder and another player of similar contract value to Ridley, in FA.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:06 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:33 am

You also have to factor in that 2nd rounder will be making less money than Ridley, too. So you could add another FA elsewhere for the same cost.

So it's really Ridley and a 3rd or a 2nd rounder and another player of similar contract value to Ridley, in FA.
Spotrac has his market value at $17M/season

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:59 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:06 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:33 am

Spotrac has his market value at $17M/season
FYI there's another path here where the Jaguars don't re-sign him to the conditional deadline of the trade, wait for it to expire, then ink him to a long term deal in FA - therefore keeping him, and only losing the 3rd rounder.

Given that they are the only team that can currently negotiate with him - if he wants to stay, then it would be easy enough to get the outline of said deal in place and have a handshake agreement to sign it once the conditional deadline has passed.