Funchess vs Parker/2.12

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Funchess vs Parker/2.12

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:40 am

16 team superflex, .5 ppr, full balanced IDP

I sold (what I believe to be) high on Devin Funchess. I moved him for Devante Parker and 2.12 (#28 overall rookie).

I value Parker slightly above Funchess, so the pick was icing on the cake. I plan on trying to move the 2.12 with my 2.08 to move up to the early 2nd.

Thoughts.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Funchess vs Parker/2.12

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:19 am

Good initial trade grabbing Parker and the pick. If Landry leaves, Parker should see a big uptick in usage/value.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:25 am

I like it for you.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:54 am

I'm not a Funchess fan by any means but I also don't think this is a deal I would have made. Parker was s one dimensional deep threat in college that was overrated by the fantasy community when he came into the league. At best I think you're looking at a push with the WRs with the advantage in the Funchess side. It's not a bad trade but one I think I'd rather have held on and perhaps moved him later for more.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:20 am

I think you got fleeced. Hopefully you hit on that dart throw.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:39 am

Man. Opinions all over the place on Parker. I’m surprised there’s not so much more hate on the Funchess side. I drafted Funch in the rookie draft when he came in. I think it was around the mid 2nd. I like him but was never super impressed. Even when he was the number 1 WR there, he wasn’t the number one receiver after Olsen and RBs. I think the Panthers draft another WR and I don’t really buy into Cam’s passing attack.

I am also in the camp that Landry leave Miami. Obviously that doesn’t make Parker into the Landry 2.0, but I think it elevates his targets.

The pick is certainly a dart throw (even in a deep class and superflex pushing non-QB down a bit), but again...my main reason for acquiring the pick was to package it to move up.

Sure this trade could backfire, like a lot of trades, but I think Landry was a buy low with a higher ceiling than Funch. Could be totally wrong but that’s the fun of dynasty.

Edit: Also think that this season was prob Funch’s ceiling and wanted to move him before he comes back down to earth.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Obviously it all depends on whether you prefer Funchess or Parker. Personally I prefer Funchess so I wouldnt have done it.

I think that if Landry leaves they still have Kenny Stills who is underrated ala Robert Woods but they could also draft a WR or maybe Isaiah Ford pulls a Thielen. I see just as many scenarios for Parker to fail as Funchess but what I have seen is Funchess improve each season and stay healthy and that apart from press coverage may be the biggest struggles for Parker to overcome.

This may end up being another one of those deals that keeps you mired in mediocre but it could also be one, if Parker finally breaks out fully, being one that boosts you to the playoffs.

In the end only time will tell if this is a win lose or draw but you cant improve from inertia.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:18 pm

I would have kept Funchess.