Trade veto

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
NFL123
Captain
Captain

Trade veto

Postby NFL123 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Wondering how you guys saw this. I traded Amari Cooper for 1.01 in a superflex league.

The league has a rule where teams can veto a trade if half of them vote that way. It's a terrible rule and essentially you are going before a panel before a trade gets accepted! No vetoes had happened up till now.

This trade was vetoed, there were comments about how terrible the trade was and the pick was worth far more than that.

The guy who accepted Cooper for the 1.01 stated that he was happy as he had a big weakness at WR and didn't feel any of the prospects were as good as Cooper. However, he then said after a lot of people had weighed in, that he would keep the pick for now and would wait to see what others offered! I was even told by the commissioner that due to my roster, more should have been given, so it was assessing things as to who I had on my roster rather than the trade on its own merits.

So looking for some thoughts as to whether it was a fair trade or not and whether it should have been even close to being vetoed. As you can tell, I'm not happy!
12 team/.5 PPR league/ 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, D, K

Team 1
QB: Jackson Richardson, Kyler
RB: McCaffrey, B Hall, Cook, MostertKendre Miller, E Mitchell, McLaughlin
WR: Lamb, G Wilson, HarrisonLondon, Flowers, JSN, Mims, Perry
TE: Kelce, Goedert, Likely
K: Aubrey
D: 49ers Cowboys, Browns

Team 2
QB: Lawrence, Wilson, Fields
RB: Javonte Williams, Ekeler, McCaffrey, Pacheco Charbonnet, Bigsby
WR: Chase, London, Jeudy Woods, Sutton, Beckham, Skyy Moore, W Robinson
TE: Pitts Likely, Kmet, Dulcich
K: McPherson
D: 49ers

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Trade veto

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:44 pm

That’s absolute bs. If both of you guys agreed to the trade, then it should go through. Any veto is bush league unless there is collusion.

This is what happens when you let half the league run your team.
Last edited by slaughterrt on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:45 pm

What the rest of your roster looks like has nothing to do the offer. I don't play SF, but depending on how you value Cooper, the 1.1 seems fair. If this is a fun league, roll with it, otherwise I'd leave.
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:46 pm

i wouldnt take cooper for the 1-01 but thats me.. not a cooper fan.. he has had two terrible years in a row he is over priced imho.. but the trade should not have been vetoed.. I would be pissed or add something to it and make the trade if that what is needed.. sound like BS to me..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:38 pm

Think of all the fun you'll have looking for a replacement league...because that's the best option

Most will probably say the deal value favors 1.01, but not by much. The fact that league mates used their veto power means they are not rational individuals

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:47 pm

Cooper for the top rookie that hasn't played in the NFL yet sounds pretty close to me. I'd be pretty upset if I were you. I wouldn't want to be in a league where trades get vetoed like that. The way you have it allows other owners to veto to make sure other teams don't get better instead of vetoing because it's truly an unfair trade. This just sounds like the other owners were upset they couldn't get the pick themselves and wanted a chance at trading for it.
Last edited by Kramer on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:50 pm

Stupid

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:51 pm

You will find that nearly all dynasty owners understand that vetoes do not belong in such leagues. Unfortunately, you've put yourself in a position of letting half the league members decide how you get to run your team. The trade is about as balanced as they come and you have a league with a bunch of selfish, ignorant owners. Best course of action is for you to leave the league.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:54 pm

That's a load of garbage. Id bounce out of a league like that before the next sunrise.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:00 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:44 pm That’s absolute bs. If both of you guys agreed to the trade, then it should go through. Any veto is bush league unless there is collusion.

This is what happens when you let half the league run your team.
Completely are here. No one should run your team but you, unless you have a co-owner
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2-3, WR 3-4, TE 1

QB - CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Matthew Stafford
RB - Breece Hall, Zach Charbonnet, Dameon Pierce, D'Onta Foreman, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Garrett Wilson, Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Nico Collins, Christian Watson, Jameson Williams, Michael Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Marquise Brown
TE - Cole Kmet, Luke Schoonmaker, Darren Waller, Jelani Woods
Picks - 1.02, 1.09, 2.02, 4.02 -- All 2025 Picks

NFL123
Captain
Captain

Postby NFL123 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:32 pm

Thanks guys for all the input, it's very frustrating how things turned out especially as the other guy was happy, it then got vetoed, he said he was still happy to go through with it and then a few of the other owners jumped in saying why it was a terrible deal and then the other guy said he wasn't interested now and would wait to see what other offers he got.

Kramer was exactly right, the rest were pissed that they hadn't made an offer and wanted the pick for themselves.

To make things worse, recently a trade went down where Travis Kelce was traded for Andy Dalton! Even in a super flex, that is an unfair trade that wasn't vetoed. Personally I don't agree with vetoes at all, but if one should have been, it was that one. Feels like there is a lot of collusion going on.

Thankfully it's only a fun league, but depending on how things turn out, I may leave as its a shocking way to run things, even worse is that others are going along with it run like that.

As Never Veto just said, no one should run your team but you. Having to go to a panel to get a trade accepted is a joke and even worse is when they turn round and say to the guy why it shouldnt be accepted, influencing him.

Really appreciate your comments and support.
12 team/.5 PPR league/ 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, D, K

Team 1
QB: Jackson Richardson, Kyler
RB: McCaffrey, B Hall, Cook, MostertKendre Miller, E Mitchell, McLaughlin
WR: Lamb, G Wilson, HarrisonLondon, Flowers, JSN, Mims, Perry
TE: Kelce, Goedert, Likely
K: Aubrey
D: 49ers Cowboys, Browns

Team 2
QB: Lawrence, Wilson, Fields
RB: Javonte Williams, Ekeler, McCaffrey, Pacheco Charbonnet, Bigsby
WR: Chase, London, Jeudy Woods, Sutton, Beckham, Skyy Moore, W Robinson
TE: Pitts Likely, Kmet, Dulcich
K: McPherson
D: 49ers

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:24 pm

Fun league move in it’s becoming not fun and it won’t last anyways
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:01 pm

NFL123 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:32 pm Thanks guys for all the input, it's very frustrating how things turned out especially as the other guy was happy, it then got vetoed, he said he was still happy to go through with it and then a few of the other owners jumped in saying why it was a terrible deal and then the other guy said he wasn't interested now and would wait to see what other offers he got.

Kramer was exactly right, the rest were pissed that they hadn't made an offer and wanted the pick for themselves.

To make things worse, recently a trade went down where Travis Kelce was traded for Andy Dalton! Even in a super flex, that is an unfair trade that wasn't vetoed. Personally I don't agree with vetoes at all, but if one should have been, it was that one. Feels like there is a lot of collusion going on.

Thankfully it's only a fun league, but depending on how things turn out, I may leave as its a shocking way to run things, even worse is that others are going along with it run like that.

As Never Veto just said, no one should run your team but you. Having to go to a panel to get a trade accepted is a joke and even worse is when they turn round and say to the guy why it shouldnt be accepted, influencing him.

Really appreciate your comments and support.
Don't know what to tell ya man, you play in a league that does league vetoes, this is what you get. End of the day there is nothing you can do, when you play in these types of leagues your at the mercy of everyone else, the best you can do is leave the league. As long as your in this league you'll never know when a trade you think is good will get vetoed cause 6 other guys disagree on valuations. ultimately your choice is remain in the league and accept that every now and then these things will happen or leave and find a league of like minded people that don't believe in vetoes.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Tvols wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:46 pm i wouldnt take cooper for the 1-01 but thats me.. not a cooper fan.. he has had two terrible years in a row he is over priced imho.. but the trade should not have been vetoed.. I would be pissed or add something to it and make the trade if that what is needed.. sound like BS to me..
I love revisionist owners. :lol:

2016 Cooper finished 14-16th overall depending on scoring settings (ppr, half ppr, non-ppr) - thats definitely terrible. :wtf:

I'd go back and remind all those owners that vetoed both Gurley & Hopkins had horrible 2016 (both of whom I believe were valued above 1.01 prior to their 2016 season) and now look at their 2017s.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:28 pm

My God, Josh Hill of all targets...
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat