Gino, I call BS

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Gino, I call BS

Postby Phish Brigade » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Yo Gino! I call BS on this unretire/re-retire garbage. If Brett Favre is willing to put an end to the retirement crap, I think you should too. :thumbup:
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Gino, I call BS

Postby hosler427 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Aren't there any fans of The Office out there? Gino got it from the Dwight Schrute "shun" and "unshun" comments towards Andrew Bernard. It makes me giggle every time I read it. :-)

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:54 pm

hosler427 wrote:Aren't there any fans of The Office out there? Gino got it from the Dwight Schrute "shun" and "unshun" comments towards Andrew Bernard. It makes me giggle every time I read it. :-)
Used to love "The Office" but its been really going downhill recently, too much Jim and Pam, and the wedding and baby episodes were a bit of an overkill, seems like they are running out of ideas. Could be rejuvenated though if they find a quality replacement for Steve Carell when he leaves, rumors are Danny McBride and Rhys Dardy are the finalists, both of which would be awesome!
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:26 pm

Shawn wrote:
hosler427 wrote:Aren't there any fans of The Office out there? Gino got it from the Dwight Schrute "shun" and "unshun" comments towards Andrew Bernard. It makes me giggle every time I read it. :-)
Used to love "The Office" but its been really going downhill recently, too much Jim and Pam, and the wedding and baby episodes were a bit of an overkill, seems like they are running out of ideas. Could be rejuvenated though if they find a quality replacement for Steve Carell when he leaves, rumors are Danny McBride and Rhys Dardy are the finalists, both of which would be awesome!
Same can be said for my all time show, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. One of the funniest shows on t.v for the past several seasons but this new season has been very disappointing.

lemmi
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lemmi » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:19 am

Shawn wrote:
I also heard that Ricky Gervais may reprise his role....

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:55 am

lemmi wrote:
Shawn wrote:
Ricky Gervais hates long term TV recordings so both he and Carrell have shot that one down unfortunately. I had read a couple different interviews with producers and people involved with the show, and they all said when a new character comes in it has to be much different than Carrell's character. I am not sure I see Danny McBride working completely. Rhys Darby would be interesting though. I think that could work.

I think the reason for the show isn't quite as good as it used to be is because they got too far away from the general awkwardness that made the show uncomfortably funny. Before any rumors of the replacement began, I thought John Lithgow would be great.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:05 pm

hosler427 wrote:
lemmi wrote:
Shawn wrote: Used to love "The Office" but its been really going downhill recently, too much Jim and Pam, and the wedding and baby episodes were a bit of an overkill, seems like they are running out of ideas. Could be rejuvenated though if they find a quality replacement for Steve Carell when he leaves, rumors are Danny McBride and Rhys Dardy are the finalists, both of which would be awesome!
Ricky Gervais hates long term TV recordings so both he and Carrell have shot that one down unfortunately. I had read a couple different interviews with producers and people involved with the show, and they all said when a new character comes in it has to be much different than Carrell's character. I am not sure I see Danny McBride working completely. Rhys Darby would be interesting though. I think that could work.

I think the reason for the show isn't quite as good as it used to be is because they got too far away from the general awkwardness that made the show uncomfortably funny. Before any rumors of the replacement began, I thought John Lithgow would be great.
Danny DeVito brought great energy to IASIP and Lithgow could be interesting. My vote is for Christopher Walken.