possible collusion?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hjernazian
Captain
Captain

possible collusion?

Postby hjernazian » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:51 am

So, I saw a very interesting trade go down last night between two members of our league who happen to be best friends.

Team A: Gets S. Perine, 2nd rounder
Team B: Gets Latavius Murray

Little bit of background: Team A is in strong rebuilding mode and tanking, Team B likes to believe he is a contender (currently ranks 7/10 but just a game back from a playoff spot) and has a history of making some really poor trades but also some really good ones.

Now I know L. Murray' stock is up right now, so you would think he makes this trade to add another starter to improve his chances for the week, but he actually sat him today. I think we can all agree that L. Murray is a valuable handcuff to D. Cook, and a flex worthy start for the remainder of this season with Dalvin out.

Our league very much overvalues first round picks. Their rookie contracts are extremely valuable as we have a hard cap. Samaje was the contending teams first rounder, and he tanked last year just to grab him (over-reached with 4 or 5th overall - also a Redskins fan that lets his allegiance get the best of him in fantasy).

Why on earth would he make this trade if he's not even starting this win-now type of deal? I hate to think it's collusion because I respect both guys, but I really don't see a explanation.

Any thoughts?
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: possible collusion?

Postby skip » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:52 am

Looks like the Latavius owner was capitalizing on one week of production to get some value our of him. Just the week prior no one would have given the second for him with McKinnon being the backup of choice much less including Perine.

Not only is this not collusion, I'd be sleeping like a baby this trade is so "blah".
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:43 am

Not sure I see the issue, lat's been top 5-10 since week 7. If I understand correctly, the skin's homer traded away perine? Is that the issue? Maybe it's trading for Murray and not starting him? The trade itself is fine. A homer trading away his guy is opposite of collusion. A rebuild trading Murray for perine 2nd seems natural. A contender giving perine 2nd seems like a normal move.

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:58 am

sloth8u wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:43 am Not sure I see the issue, lat's been top 5-10 since week 7. If I understand correctly, the skin's homer traded away perine? Is that the issue? Maybe it's trading for Murray and not starting him? The trade itself is fine. A homer trading away his guy is opposite of collusion. A rebuild trading Murray for perine 2nd seems natural. A contender giving perine 2nd seems like a normal move.
Very logical and concise. Thank you, because I don't see it that way. Murray is only an immediate asset and/or handcuff at best. Perine is oozing potential in the structure of our league. I don't see how you negate upside in a cheap rookie for a few games IF and only IF you don't start the player! that's my only major red flag even though I think the trade is stupid. But you, along with others, have been the middle ground in my understanding of things. So thank you for your feedback b/c i don't want to cause WW3 with my claims.

It's just a bad bleep trade if you ask me.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10

Team 2

RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:02 am

skip wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:52 am Looks like the Latavius owner was capitalizing on one week of production to get some value our of him. Just the week prior no one would have given the second for him with McKinnon being the backup of choice much less including Perine.

Not only is this not collusion, I'd be sleeping like a baby this trade is so "blah".
much appreciated. So it sounds like Perine is a throw-in or non-asset based on your eval? (not being sarcastic) I don't see it, they drafted him with higher aspirations at the RB spot, if they don't get it, they have a plethora of picks they can try to hit the homer on. Basically, are they content with Samaje/Thompson or not.... I think they are, which makes him pretty bleep valuable.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

Team 2

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:50 am

Nothing to see here. Move along
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:16 am

hjernazian wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:02 am
skip wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:52 am Looks like the Latavius owner was capitalizing on one week of production to get some value our of him. Just the week prior no one would have given the second for him with McKinnon being the backup of choice much less including Perine.

much appreciated. So it sounds like Perine is a throw-in or non-asset based on your eval? (not being sarcastic) I don't see it, they drafted him with higher aspirations at the RB spot, if they don't get it, they have a plethora of picks they can try to hit the homer on. Basically, are they content with Samaje/Thompson or not.... I think they are, which makes him pretty bleeping valuable.
im pretty sure that youve posted on here about starting a league....your going to need to be able to look right past trades like this or your league is going to run your life :lol:

you cant let personal opinions on players matter in your league when it comes to "whats fair", or you'll run into problems. you feel there may be collusion based off your opinions of murray and perine....what happens when your entire league gets to share their opinion of a recently completed trade. it will inevitably lead to a veto and then you have a real problem. who decideds whats fair, and how is it decided? you dont want that in a dynasty league. there is no place for "personal opinion" when it comes to actually running the league.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:39 am

I actually like the Lat side for a contender. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this trade. Lat has been very good ((actually too good. I was hoping to tank with D Cook and OBJ out but he keeps winning me games)) and a valueable asset to shore up a RB3/Flex need on a champ team. He'll take a big value hit when Cook comes back, but Lat has played so well he's going to still get touches (unfortunately for me as a Cook owner) and the goal line carries. He's a top 30 RB for next year I would bet. Perine hasn't actually looked all that good, but he's going to a re builder who can use the chance on him plus another 2nd so good return for Lat, but I don't see that as a drastic overpay. Rebuilder was simply smart and got as much as he could instead of just selling someone at their perceived value

This doesn't even look like a lopsided deal, much less collusion
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:59 am

hjernazian wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:02 am So it sounds like Perine is a throw-in or non-asset based on your eval?
Pretty much. I don't know why he was being drafted so highly in dynasty circles. He's been unimpressive until his "breakout" game last weekend. I don't believe he has any kind of sustained success.

I realize Murray goes back to his role behind Cook next season, but he's a better back - particularly for the rest of this year.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Prickler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prickler » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:23 am

I wouldn't worry about a trade involving barely relevant players of similar value.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:39 pm

I think the 2nd should be on the Murray side, but it’s hardly egregious.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

RAB
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RAB » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:59 pm

These aren't the type of players that would be part of a collusion deal. No worries.
TEAM 1
10 team .5 PPR 1QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/DEF
2019 Champion
2020 Champion
QB-Lamar Jackson, Trey Lance
RB-CMC, Kamara, King Henry, Chubb,, Dillon, D.J., Tony Jones
WR-Metcalf, AJ Brown, Godwin, Arob, Mooney, Bryan Edwards
TE- Fant, Goedert, L. Thomas

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:42 pm

I think the 2nd is the most valuable piece of the trade.

Other than that...trade is fine...doesn’t look like anything to get bent out of shape about.

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:56 pm

sloth8u wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:16 am
hjernazian wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:02 am

much appreciated. So it sounds like Perine is a throw-in or non-asset based on your eval? (not being sarcastic) I don't see it, they drafted him with higher aspirations at the RB spot, if they don't get it, they have a plethora of picks they can try to hit the homer on. Basically, are they content with Samaje/Thompson or not.... I think they are, which makes him pretty bleeping valuable.
im pretty sure that youve posted on here about starting a league....your going to need to be able to look right past trades like this or your league is going to run your life :lol:

you cant let personal opinions on players matter in your league when it comes to "whats fair", or you'll run into problems. you feel there may be collusion based off your opinions of murray and perine....what happens when your entire league gets to share their opinion of a recently completed trade. it will inevitably lead to a veto and then you have a real problem. who decideds whats fair, and how is it decided? you dont want that in a dynasty league. there is no place for "personal opinion" when it comes to actually running the league.
Yes, and thank you for very helpful feedback. You're right, this is more a matter of my opinion that I wasn't quite seeing. I guess I just didn't - and quite frankly - still don't see how Latavius Murray has any value other than a handcuff and a ROS rental, but hey, arguments can be presented for both sides so I get it.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

Team 2