Who Will Be The Best TE From The 2017 Class?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Best TE From 2017?

Howard
68
31%
Engram
50
23%
Njoku
71
32%
Everett
10
5%
Shaheen
6
3%
Smith
3
1%
Hodges
1
0%
Butt
7
3%
Leggett
1
0%
Other
4
2%
 
Total votes: 221

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2283
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:48 am

Re: Who Will Be The Best TE From The 2017 Class?

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:18 am

CGW wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:24 am
Lotto4Life wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:13 am
MrUbuto wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:07 am


HOW???

how is he beating engrams??

Njoku has barely shown us anything and is one of the least physically gifted of the TEs in that class plus he is surrounded by A TON of better weapons


This one really confuses me
Check the date of his post...
Friday September 13th, 2019?
July of 2017

ericanadian
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4758
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Who Will Be The Best TE From The 2017 Class?

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Its funny that Kittle didn’t even make the poll.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Mariota, Stafford, Carr
RB - Gordon, Martin, Penny, Foreman, Guice, Zenner
WR - Julio, C. Davis, Watkins, Samuel, Lee
TE - Kelce, Henry, Andrews, I. Thomas
LB - Kuechly, J. Smith
DL - Ansah, Hunter, Hurst
DB - D. James, Baker, Berry
K - Just a stupid kicker

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11327
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Who Will Be The Best TE From The 2017 Class?

Postby Phaded » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:59 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:13 am
MrUbuto wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:07 am
Knox Steel Curtain wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:53 pm
I vote Njoku on this one.
HOW???

how is he beating engrams??

Njoku has barely shown us anything and is one of the least physically gifted of the TEs in that class plus he is surrounded by A TON of better weapons


This one really confuses me
Check the date of his post...
lol. Win.
Do you want a logical debate?
You are in the wrong place.

User avatar
ArrylT
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7484
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Who Will Be The Best TE From The 2017 Class?

Postby ArrylT » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:43 pm

CGW wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:24 am
Lotto4Life wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:13 am
MrUbuto wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:07 am


HOW???

how is he beating engrams??

Njoku has barely shown us anything and is one of the least physically gifted of the TEs in that class plus he is surrounded by A TON of better weapons


This one really confuses me
Check the date of his post...
Friday September 13th, 2019?
OMG! The thread is haunted! :surprised:








:lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

User avatar
ArrylT
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7484
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Who Will Be The Best TE From The 2017 Class?

Postby ArrylT » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:55 pm

ericanadian wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:52 pm
Its funny that Kittle didn’t even make the poll.
I think this can serve as a reminder that it is important for owners to stick to their gut even if the consensus disagrees. Plenty of times you'll end up being wrong - since consensus usually = safe. But when you are right ...

Looking back at the 2017 DLF Rookie rankings post NFL Draft - Kittle was not even a top 8 TE rookie. So of course it is amusing 2 years later after he has a surprise breakout of epic proportions. :)

That is why I may disagree & be pleased when owners took guys like Darrell Henderson early (ie top 6) but at the same time I respected their willingness to stick to their gut rather than follow the crowd.

The 4 owners that voted Other (which I assume includes Kittle) are the only people, out of the 215 who voted, that can say that they believed in Kittle from the get-go.

It will be interesting to revisit this again in another 2 years and see how things stand. At the moment the only one listed completely out of the running looks to be Bucky Hodges.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ericanadian
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4758
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Who Will Be The Best TE From The 2017 Class?

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:16 pm

ArrylT wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:55 pm
ericanadian wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:52 pm
Its funny that Kittle didn’t even make the poll.
I think this can serve as a reminder that it is important for owners to stick to their gut even if the consensus disagrees. Plenty of times you'll end up being wrong - since consensus usually = safe. But when you are right ...

Looking back at the 2017 DLF Rookie rankings post NFL Draft - Kittle was not even a top 8 TE rookie. So of course it is amusing 2 years later after he has a surprise breakout of epic proportions. :)

That is why I may disagree & be pleased when owners took guys like Darrell Henderson early (ie top 6) but at the same time I respected their willingness to stick to their gut rather than follow the crowd.

The 4 owners that voted Other (which I assume includes Kittle) are the only people, out of the 215 who voted, that can say that they believed in Kittle from the get-go.

It will be interesting to revisit this again in another 2 years and see how things stand. At the moment the only one listed completely out of the running looks to be Bucky Hodges.
Ya, I picked him up with the last pick of the HoF draft. I was pretty high on him, but couldn’t justify taking him with a mid-2nd given his valuation and how many highly touted TEs were in that draft.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Mariota, Stafford, Carr
RB - Gordon, Martin, Penny, Foreman, Guice, Zenner
WR - Julio, C. Davis, Watkins, Samuel, Lee
TE - Kelce, Henry, Andrews, I. Thomas
LB - Kuechly, J. Smith
DL - Ansah, Hunter, Hurst
DB - D. James, Baker, Berry
K - Just a stupid kicker

User avatar
DLF3000
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1582
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:19 am

Re: Who Will Be The Best TE From The 2017 Class?

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 pm

ericanadian wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:52 pm
Its funny that Kittle didn’t even make the poll.
Yeah, though not surprising at all as he went way, way later in the NFL draft compared to the big 3 in the 1st of all things - 3 TEs in the first round of the NFL draft was unbelievable.
10 Team Dynasty PPR, TE Premium (1.5 PPR), 6 pt/pass TD, 1pt/25 yds pass, 1pt/5 carries, 1pt/10yds rush/rec
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX (R/W/T) 1DST 1TMK | 21 Active Roster, 4 Taxi (*), 1 IR/Out (+)

QB - P Mahomes | D Prescott | B Mayfield*
RB - C Carson | A Ekeler | A Jones | P Lindsay | M Breida | R Penny | I Smith | N Hines* | T Johnson ® | De Williams ®* | D Guice+
WR - D Hopkins | K Golladay | J Edelman | C Davis | M Valdes-Scantling | A Miller | M Boykin ®*
TE - T Kelce | M Andrews | D Njoku | DST: Bears | TMK: Texans
2019 - 3.07 (MB), 3.09 (DW), 4.02 (MA) | 2020 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th | 2018 League Champs!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FiremanEd, PTW32, Raymond1974 and 5 guests