Keep Johnny Knox or Hakeem Nicks?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Black Ops
Rookie
Rookie

Keep Johnny Knox or Hakeem Nicks?

Postby Black Ops » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:09 am

My other 2 keepers are set(We keep 3) and now Im down to Knox or Nicks. My first thought was Nicks and Ive been leaning that way but now Knox has been looking/sounding very promising. What do you guys think? Thanks

moneyballer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Keep Johnny Knox or Hakeem Nicks?

Postby moneyballer » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:14 am

This is a very tough one for me as I'm high on both these guys. Even with the hooplah around Knox though, I think I'd rather keep Nicks. I think he has less question marks than Knox does and should already be considered a starter. Knox is still a bit of a question mark with all the love for Hester and Aromashodu in that offense. We still don't know for sure who the starters in Chicago will even be.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:22 am

Nicks, I prefer bigger WR's.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:23 am

As low as I am on Nicks, you still have to keep him ahead of Knox.

I am curious how your system is set up that you would be deciding between either of these guys as your #3. Unless you have a pretty weak roster, neither should be kept in a 3 keeper system.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:58 am

I like Knox to have a nice season but you have to go with Nicks.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:31 am

skip wrote: I am curious how your system is set up that you would be deciding between either of these guys as your #3. Unless you have a pretty weak roster, neither should be kept in a 3 keeper system.
Exactly what I was thinking. I think the OP should post his entire roster/keeper options.

-oo-

Black Ops
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Black Ops » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:37 am

skip wrote:As low as I am on Nicks, you still have to keep him ahead of Knox.

I am curious how your system is set up that you would be deciding between either of these guys as your #3. Unless you have a pretty weak roster, neither should be kept in a 3 keeper system.

My other keepers are Moss and A. Rodgers. The reason for the choice between Knox and Nicks is that my RB core has run it's course. I've had LT on my roster for 5 seasons now and it's finally time to let him go. The rest of my RB's from last year are a bunch of guys that got playing time at the end of the year due to injury. I was able to patch together guys like Quinton Ganther and Jason Snelling to get into the playoffs but now it's time to start with a whole new RB crew.

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Edit: sorry, forgot this was a redraft forum. In that case I'd still prefer Nicks.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:32 pm

Black Ops wrote:

My other keepers are Moss and A. Rodgers. The reason for the choice between Knox and Nicks is that my RB core has run it's course. I've had LT on my roster for 5 seasons now and it's finally time to let him go. The rest of my RB's from last year are a bunch of guys that got playing time at the end of the year due to injury. I was able to patch together guys like Quinton Ganther and Jason Snelling to get into the playoffs but now it's time to start with a whole new RB crew.
No WRs or TEs otherwise either? Do you have to keep 3 or can you keep 2 and get some kind of benefit from doing so?

Black Ops
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Black Ops » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:27 am

skip wrote:
Black Ops wrote:

No WRs or TEs otherwise either? Do you have to keep 3 or can you keep 2 and get some kind of benefit from doing so?
We must keep 3. My TE was Owen Daniels but I cut him once he went out. Here is my roster. As I said I was able to patch some RB's together late in the season to make a playoff run.

Garrard, David JAC QB
Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB
Brown, Chris HOU RB
Ganther, Quinton WAS RB
Snelling, Jason ATL RB
Sproles, Darren SDC RB
Tomlinson, LaDainian SDC RB
Floyd, Malcom SDC WR
Knox, Johnny CHI WR
Moss, Randy NEP WR
Moss, Santana WAS WR
Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR
Keller, Dustin NYJ TE
Scaife, Bo TEN TE
Akers, David PHI PK
Jets, New York NYJ Def
Titans, Tennessee TEN Def

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:59 am

Keep Nicks.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:12 am

highballers wrote:Keep Nicks.
for me it comes down to Nicks or Tomlinson. You still need to draft RBs whatever you do, but Tomlinson could be a solid backup for you and possible starter if he plays a larger role for the Jets.

-oo-

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:18 am

meineymoe wrote:
for me it comes down to Nicks or Tomlinson. You still need to draft RBs whatever you do, but Tomlinson could be a solid backup for you and possible starter if he plays a larger role for the Jets.

-oo-
But he would easily be able to acquire Tomlinson MUCH MUCH later in the draft than either Nicks or Knox. Need to decide keepers based on players who would be drafted in the first 3 rounds of a redraft...none of these fit the bill but Nicks will go sooner than anyone else not already being protected.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:20 am

skip wrote:
meineymoe wrote:

-oo-
But he would easily be able to acquire Tomlinson MUCH MUCH later in the draft than either Nicks or Knox. Need to decide keepers based on players who would be drafted in the first 3 rounds of a redraft...none of these fit the bill but Nicks will go sooner than anyone else not already being protected.
I agree. You have to try and guess who the other teams will keep and look at ADP when it comes down to selecting your keepers.

Black Ops
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Black Ops » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:06 am

Thanks for the feedback. Like someone pointed out I don't want to keep 1:04:48 PM because I feel he will be there later but I know Nicks will not. Most of the teams drafting ahead of me have some solid RBs so I'm expecting a couple to drop to me.