Who is this year's Ray Rice (redraft question)

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
glipp
Role Player
Role Player

Who is this year's Ray Rice (redraft question)

Postby glipp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Sorry if this has been covered, but who do people feel is this year's Ray Rice. Guy who has the talent and situation that they would be willing to target, and maybe even reach for this guy feeling he could be this year's version of Ray Rice. I have heard J. Charles, J. Harrison, L. McCoy(tough schedule and pass heavy O may limit his upside). What are your thoughts?

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Re: Who is this year's Ray Rice (redraft question)

Postby jthirteentimes » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:27 pm

Of the 3 you mention, I'd consider J. Charles to be the best bet. As long as we are speaking strictly about redraft, others could be J. Best, J. Stewart, R. Mathews, P. Thomas, M. Bush, J. Addai, A. Foster, R. Brown, or J. Forsett.

Of those, J. Best seems to be getting the same kind of preseason hype that Rice had around this time last year.

With absolutely no degree of certainty or confidence, I would wager on J. Charles, P. Thomas or A. Foster to be the one.

So, in other words, your guess is as good of mine. :D
Year 2 | 12 team | Standard | .5 PPR | rtrn yrds | 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 each IDP (big play)

Q: Stafford, Ben, Locker, Kaep
R: Run DMC, Mathews, JStew, M. Bush, D. Wilson, Jennings, D. Scott, Tanner
W: Mega, Fitz, Nicks, Julio, Rice, Meachem, D. Baldwin, Sanu, M. Jones, G. ChildsBriscoe
T: Gates, Allen, Moeaki
K: Janikowski
DL: JPP, C. Johnson
LB: Willis, Hali, Bishop
DB: J. McCourty, Chancellor

glipp
Role Player
Role Player

Postby glipp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:07 pm

jthirteentimes wrote:Of the 3 you mention, I'd consider J. Charles to be the best bet. As long as we are speaking strictly about redraft, others could be J. Best, J. Stewart, R. Mathews, P. Thomas, M. Bush, J. Addai, A. Foster, R. Brown, or J. Forsett.

Of those, J. Best seems to be getting the same kind of preseason hype that Rice had around this time last year.

With absolutely no degree of certainty or confidence, I would wager on J. Charles, P. Thomas or A. Foster to be the one.

So, in other words, your guess is as good of mine. :D
In terms of late ADP, and situation I am thinking some of the best candidates may be A. Bradshaw, D. Brown, F. Jones and A. Foster. Any thoughts?

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Postby jthirteentimes » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:21 pm

glipp wrote:In terms of late ADP, and situation I am thinking some of the best candidates may be A. Bradshaw, D. Brown, F. Jones and A. Foster. Any thoughts?
For the record, Rice did not have a late ADP last year. He was a pretty consistently selected in the 3rd round (unless your draft was very early). Of all the RBs you've mentioned, only Charles and F. Jones have comparable ADPs.

In order for someone to have a break out season like Rice did, they need to be a dual threat (running and catching). That eliminates D. Brown from contention, in my opinion (not to mention the fact that I think Addai will be the RB to own on Indy). I don't think Jones will see enough touches (because of Barber). You could definitely make the case for Bradshaw, but - like Jones - he is not widely believed to be able to handle 20+ touches per game. That severely limits his potential. As I mentioned earlier, I think Foster has a shot to be this year's Rice, but I definitely wouldn't bet on it because its likely to be a RBBC and I wouldn't expect him to even be the team's 3rd down back.

My nominations for this year's Rice are in my earlier post. But you could easily make an argument against any one of them.
Year 2 | 12 team | Standard | .5 PPR | rtrn yrds | 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 each IDP (big play)

Q: Stafford, Ben, Locker, Kaep
R: Run DMC, Mathews, JStew, M. Bush, D. Wilson, Jennings, D. Scott, Tanner
W: Mega, Fitz, Nicks, Julio, Rice, Meachem, D. Baldwin, Sanu, M. Jones, G. ChildsBriscoe
T: Gates, Allen, Moeaki
K: Janikowski
DL: JPP, C. Johnson
LB: Willis, Hali, Bishop
DB: J. McCourty, Chancellor

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:58 pm

I vote for either C.Taylor, or M.Bush. As per ADP.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:27 pm

LeSean McCoy