Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: The Phoenix rises - Gordon applies for reinstatement

Postby thebeast » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:49 pm

Even if he plays 1 games I doubt he he ends up more than a middling WR2 with with a few big games that remind you of potential that he will never consistently display again. He is so far removed from the game and at this I think that means a lot. I would rather own Pryor.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:02 pm

IR1 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:51 pm Someone in one of my leagues dropped Prosise to pick him up
:wall: That's just sad. Hope you swooped in and grabbed Prosise.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Snake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Snake » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:42 pm

I want Josh Gordon on my contending teams. When you're rolling deep with an elite WR core it makes more sense to own a guy with elite upside like Gordon more than the Marvin Jones and Tyler Lockette type players.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:52 pm

Snake wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:42 pm I want Josh Gordon on my contending teams. When you're rolling deep with an elite WR core it makes more sense to own a guy with elite upside like Gordon more than the Marvin Jones and Tyler Lockette type players.
I might agree with Marvin Jones, but I would argue Lockett has just as much if not more upside in 2017 and definitely for his career, than Gordon.

But I understand that's not your main point, you're just using names as examples. I wouldn't hate having Gordon at the VERY end of my bench, but I'd rather have a guy like Rishard Matthews, Tyrell Williams, Meredith, Enunwa who have a very good shot to WR2/3 production RIGHT NOW. And if EVERYTHING breaks right for one of those guys, they might even have a similar ceiling to what Gordon probably currently possesses. Because I'll tell you right now, I don't believe one bit that Gordon still possesses top 5 upside.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:57 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:52 pm
Snake wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:42 pm I want Josh Gordon on my contending teams. When you're rolling deep with an elite WR core it makes more sense to own a guy with elite upside like Gordon more than the Marvin Jones and Tyler Lockette type players.
I might agree with Marvin Jones, but I would argue Lockett has just as much if not more upside in 2017 and definitely for his career, than Gordon.
I think Gordon is as likely to be active for Week 1 as Lockett, so for 2017 I am not sure I would prefer Lockett.

But I agree overall :lol:
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:31 am

Thing about the phoenix myth - in the legend, the creature will burn again and again over its many lifetimes.

I'm sure there's a weed reference to be made there, but it's early...
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:50 am

jtd1387 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:57 pm I think Gordon is as likely to be active for Week 1 as Lockett

And why is that? Gordon isn't even allowed to play football yet and is technically still a RFA, so we can't be sure he'll actually be on a team that will play him.

Maybe me getting Gordon out of my system last year was the last straw and now I'm finally over him.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:13 am

heyfeefellskee wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:50 am
jtd1387 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:57 pm I think Gordon is as likely to be active for Week 1 as Lockett

And why is that? Gordon isn't even allowed to play football yet and is technically still a RFA, so we can't be sure he'll actually be on a team that will play him.

Maybe me getting Gordon out of my system last year was the last straw and now I'm finally over him.
Lockett broke his leg requiring surgery last year. I think his point is there is no guarantee he'll be ready to go for game one either.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:30 am

ericanadian wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:13 am

Lockett broke his leg requiring surgery last year. I think his point is there is no guarantee he'll be ready to go for game one either.
Lockett doesn't need approval from the commissioner in order to play. Gordon does. Therefore Lockett's chances are much, much higher.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:12 am

It just bums me out because it's such blatant horse manure. The league (and the govt) has no problem with the NFL dishing out potentially life threatening opiates like they're candy, opiates which have already killed loads and loads of people, but screams bloody murder about players using a drug that actually helps in recovery, and to assuage pain with substantially fewer side effects, and no life threatening ones in the sense of opiates. These guys get tossed out of the league, and/or suspended, while team docs get nothing for potentially causing life threatening harm to players with the excessive use of opiates knowingly dispensed in a dangerous manner.

Just drives me absolutely bonkers that this is going on. They need to follow the NBA model and just have a bogus enforcement program that is obvious to the players. The NFL is infinitely more damaging to its players then the NBA, and yet it's the NFL that has the extremely stringent testing requirements and suspensions. It's just nuts to me.

But yeah, I have no idea how things are going to play out with Gordon. Hope he doesn't have addiction problems as severe as Blackmon.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:50 am

stoneghost28 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:12 am It just bums me out because it's such blatant horse manure. The league (and the govt) has no problem with the NFL dishing out potentially life threatening opiates like they're candy, opiates which have already killed loads and loads of people, but screams bloody murder about players using a drug that actually helps in recovery, and to assuage pain with substantially fewer side effects, and no life threatening ones in the sense of opiates. These guys get tossed out of the league, and/or suspended, while team docs get nothing for potentially causing life threatening harm to players with the excessive use of opiates knowingly dispensed in a dangerous manner.

Just drives me absolutely bonkers that this is going on. They need to follow the NBA model and just have a bogus enforcement program that is obvious to the players. The NFL is infinitely more damaging to its players then the NBA, and yet it's the NFL that has the extremely stringent testing requirements and suspensions. It's just nuts to me.

But yeah, I have no idea how things are going to play out with Gordon. Hope he doesn't have addiction problems as severe as Blackmon.
I don't disagree with you at all, but that needs to be a separate thread if we start going down that rabbit hole...
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:26 pm

That's fine, I just think as some may be inclined to trash Gordon and others, it's worth noting that the whole system is colossal b.s. to begin with, and brutally unfair to players.

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:37 pm

jtd1387 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:57 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:52 pm
I think Gordon is as likely to be active for Week 1 as Lockett, so for 2017 I am not sure I would prefer Lockett.

But I agree overall :lol:
This would be true if you were referring to Ricardo Lockette.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:04 pm

heyfeefellskee wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:30 am
ericanadian wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:13 am

Lockett doesn't need approval from the commissioner in order to play. Gordon does. Therefore Lockett's chances are much, much higher.
Gordon doesn't need a broken leg to heal a good deal faster than normal, so I don't think Lockett's chances of playing week 1 are higher.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:10 pm

This is gonna be so awesome. Another 40 page Gordon thread! I can't wait...

"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland