Malcolm Kelly

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Fletch_F_Fletch
Charter Member
Charter Member

Malcolm Kelly

Postby Fletch_F_Fletch » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:18 am

There was a thin and unsubstantiated report on ESPN this morning that Malcolm Kelly might be on the roster bubble in Washington. Just posting so everyone is aware of the report, regardless of its accuracy.
----------------------------------------
"According to a report posted on the "Washington Post Live" show's Twitter feed, CSN Washington writer Ryan O'Halloran has indicated that the Washington Redskins may cut wide receiver Malcolm Kelly. Along with Devin Thomas, Kelly had been seen as the future of the WR position for the 'Skins.

In addition to the two youngsters, the Redskins currently have the very experienced Joey Galloway as well as Santana Moss, whose status is a little uncertain given his association with a Canadian doctor currently under investigation in connection with performance-enhancing drugs.

It's unclear from the report what Kelly has (or hasn't) done to warrant his on-the-bubble status; however, given that the team is a little thin at the position, it'd certainly be surprising to see them cut him loose before letting things shake out at training camp.

- Tim Kavanagh"
Q -- "What kind of name is 'Poon' anyway?" A -- "Commanche Indian."

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Malcolm Kelly

Postby Scorp » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:43 am

I dropped him in a deeper league for Mike Williams (SEA). (Rotoworld) Comcast Sports Net Washington's Ryan O'Halloran speculates that WR Malcolm Kelly's roster spot could be in jeopardy this summer. Analysis: The speed-challenged Kelly has given the Redskins little over his first two seasons, and he doesn't contribute on special teams. The new regime has nothing invested in him, so his second-round pedigree may be a non-factor. With Chris Cooley expected to play a Dallas Clark-type slot role in two-tight end sets, Kelly would be bench-bound even if he sticks.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:47 am

Maybe its about time to make a call to the star of the "TO show" :thumbup: I mean really, their receiving corps is in pretty bad shape here.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:58 am

Shawn wrote:Maybe its about time to make a call to the star of the "TO show" :thumbup: I mean really, their receiving corps is in pretty bad shape here.
So is their running game, and offensive line. I think Shanny will figure out a way to make it happen though. It's going to be interesting with the loss of F.Adams(DAL) & the trade of McNabb in the NFC East.