Trading picks

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Jermbob
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Trading picks

Postby Jermbob » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:31 am

sup guys...looking at some options for a dynasty start-up draft...looking at trading next years picks to get a extra pick this year but what about trading like the 8th,10th and 12th to move up to like the 5th or so...I can't seem to convince myself which method would be better...to only gain a few rounds higher pick but lose the 3 middle rd picks seems like it really doesn't pay off...whats the best way to trade picks around in a start-up draft to move up atleast into the 6th round?
12 tm PPR Dynasty...1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE Flex, 1pt PPR

QB A Luck
RB D Johnson, D Cook, S Barkley, Rojo, J Wilkins
WR C Kupp, J Doctson, C Meredith, K White, M Hollins, C Williams, J Nelson, C Sutton, D Moncrief, C Kirk, D.J. Chark, D Hamilton
TE G Kittle, M Gesicki

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Trading picks

Postby MARKinMI » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:17 am

typically if you wanto to move up to the 5th round offer up a 8 or 9 and rookie pick from the next year probably 1st or 2nd. if you want to move into rounds 2 or 3 then you need to offer a 5th, a better late round pick (you give a 20 and take a pick in the 30's) & a first next year.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:27 am

my post above is based on a smaller league. if its a 12-14 team league then you would probably have to add another current pick to each offer. Ie if u want a 2nd u give a 5, 7 & 1st nest yr. if you want a 5 you give 8,10 and a 2011 pick.

gunslinger
Captain
Captain

Postby gunslinger » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:10 am

Here is a link to the trades that have taken place in the Veteran's League Draft that is currently taking place. This will give you an idea of what is happening in this league.

http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com/dl ... 33&t=13404

My advice would be to find your target areas on your draft board, and see how you can maximize getting the most players/value out of that group of players. This will allow you to see if that trade personally makes sense to you. Also, wait until the pick that you are trading up for is near. Depending on the players that you want, you might need to trade for an earlier/later pick. There is no need in trading for a 5.5, if your entire group of players are still falling. Wait....until you feel like you have to make your move, or you will lose them. Then trade for those picks. I personally just traded a first round pick for a 7.12 pick. I felt there was a player available at that time that was worth my first round pick next year.

I hope this helps.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:26 am

Assuming this is a 12 teamer, I like to acquire additional draft picks in roughly the 1st 5 rounds. And I like both methods, but lean toward the trading of future picks and I will deal them all away to get additional startup picks. If I can move a future 1st rd pick and get a pick there, that's my preference.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.