what's the value?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

what's the value?

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:46 am

I'm thinking about offering up a package of McFadden & Braylon for a pick or picks in this years rookie draft. I value these players and still believe in them probably more than most do so my question is what's the minimum I should accept?

andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Re: what's the value?

Postby andrewfroboy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:48 am

My first thought is that if you value them more than most that it will be hard to get value for them from someone else
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:58 am

andrewfroboy wrote:My first thought is that if you value them more than most that it will be hard to get value for them from someone else
This ^^^

I don't necessarily disagree about DMC, but don't see any value with Braylon unless the Jets decide they don't want him after the season. He is the WR2 on a running team with a great defense. They are not going to pass the ball much and when they do, Holmes is ahead of him for targets. I don't see much going for him and in my league his value has been discussed as a 4th rd pick in our rookie draft (and I think that may be generous)...
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:01 am

andrewfroboy wrote:My first thought is that if you value them more than most that it will be hard to get value for them from someone else
Yep... if you still like them, then you'll just be insulted by the advice or minimum offer.

tomfin2000
Starter
Starter

Postby tomfin2000 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:18 am

The problem you're facing is that both players have a stigma attached to them after falling so short of expectations the past couple of seasons. Nobody wants to be the guy that traded for McFadden or Edwards unless the asking price was ridiculously cheap.

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:46 am

"I value these players and still believe in them probably more than most do so my question is what's the minimum I should accept?"

So you're the one. All kidding aside, I could see both for second rounders. I wouldn't move anything earlier than maybe 2.5 for either. Not sure I'd do that either though.

bdynomite
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bdynomite » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:40 am

I had been wondering the value of DMC lately myself, who knows if he'll ever get it? I would probably trade a RB3 or move a 3rd rounder for him but not anything more. Braylon drops way more than he catches and Santonio is the man in NYJ now, I wouldn't want him.