I hate the new forums

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
thevidon2
Starter
Starter

I hate the new forums

Postby thevidon2 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:04 am

There I said it.

I really dislike the new forums format. I find it hard to read and generally pretty ugly. Can we make it look like the old forums?

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: I hate the new forums

Postby meineymoe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:33 am

meh. takes a little getting used to, but it's like anything else in life. Change Happens. Deal with it. :|

-oo-

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Like AJ said.. it will take a little while getting used to it.. but ultimately you will! :wink:
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:01 am

thevidon2 wrote:There I said it.

I really dislike the new forums format. I find it hard to read and generally pretty ugly. Can we make it look like the old forums?
Bummed to hear you're not liking it. We do want to make this the best possible place to gather and share info. The upgrade was a necessity for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was that the old forum was roughly 2004 coding, and was no longer supported to any real degree. Sadly, the look of the old forum (which basically was a template which defined the forums appearance) does not work with the latest version of phpbb, and there is no direct parallel for that look and feel. I will be working on a second template for this forum which will be a stripped down version. May take a bit though, as I have a few other hurdles to cross. But I am hearing the feedback, it is appreciated, and we really do want this to be a good experience for as many as possible. Thanks for the honest feedback, and thanks for still being here. Ken

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:22 am

Is the search function broken? I am not getting the results I would expect. For instance searching for Mike Wallace across all forums got me 15 results total......that can't be right.

Wolfjack
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby Wolfjack » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:25 pm

thevidon2 wrote:Is the search function broken? I am not getting the results I would expect. For instance searching for Mike Wallace across all forums got me 15 results total......that can't be right.
I envisioned you stomping your feet there. Just a little. :eh:
Lee Deline

2006 United Dynasty League Inaugural Champion
GM of Waterloo Wolves - Member of the United Dynasty League
GM of Waterloo Bandits - Commissioner of the Premier Dynasty League
GM of Waterloo Reapers - Member of the DLF Charter League
GM of Waterloo Storm - Member of the DLF Charter League II

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:08 pm

thevidon2 wrote:Is the search function broken? I am not getting the results I would expect. For instance searching for Mike Wallace across all forums got me 15 results total......that can't be right.
I've had that happen as well...it looks to me like the search only encompasses topics since the upgrade. I haven't used it enough to know that for sure, but that's been my experience so far.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:41 pm

jimmo wrote:
I've had that happen as well...it looks to me like the search only encompasses topics since the upgrade. I haven't used it enough to know that for sure, but that's been my experience so far.
Yea, I think this is what is happening. I searched for something the other day and got very few results, all since the upgrade.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:14 pm

GridIronFavre wrote:
jimmo wrote:
Yea, I think this is what is happening. I searched for something the other day and got very few results, all since the upgrade.
Sorry guys, I've been extremely busy the last few days and haven't had a chance to check into this yet. But I will soon and will let you know what I find out. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:25 pm

I resolved the search issue. You are now searching against the entire database of posts, not just the ones since the migration. Thanks for letting me know.

:thumbup:

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:28 pm

dlf_kenm wrote:I resolved the search issue. You are now searching against the entire database of posts, not just the ones since the migration. Thanks for letting me know.

:thumbup:
Awesome - thanks! :clap:
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Postby haydn239 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:38 pm

Don't know if it's a mac thing (safari web browser) but the sight will not keep me logged in whether or not i check the box to keep me logged in. I could go to MLF for a bit come back in 5min and i'm logged off. Don't know if it has anything to do with the new upgrade but i didn't have this problem with the old site...btw i like the new look of this site :thumbup: just this one annoying thing!
Twitter @haydn239

minnesota muscle
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby minnesota muscle » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:27 pm

Why is there a popup on every page??

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby brice587 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:42 pm

minnesota muscle wrote:Why is there a popup on every page??
Because you need a pop up blocker.

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:20 pm

After using them for a while. I would just like to say that I still hate the new forums.