Brandon Jacobs

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
king0fkings1
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Brandon Jacobs

Postby king0fkings1 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:49 am

What are everyone's thoughts on Brandon Jacobs? He had a terrible season last year and I was wondering what Brandon Jacobs owners did with him? Did you guys trade him or keep? And can he still be a decent fantasy RB? What do you guys think?

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:51 am

I don't see anyone trading Jacobs after last season, as they would be selling him incredibly low. I am higher on Jacobs than most and think he can at least be a servicable fantasy back, especially in Non-PPR leagues.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:54 am

I don't like Jacobs long term value at all. He will be 28 years old in a couple of weeks and has not played a full season due to injuries since 2005. Plus he's a big RB and they usually don't last that long to begin with.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:55 am

Jacobs has a bad knee last year.

As far as his value... I'd be buying low right now, but I wouldn't be selling right now since I think he'll do better then his current value.

nightmarion
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nightmarion » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:06 am

I traded Jacobs away. I moved him and Derrick Mason for Walter, 2010 4.03 (16 team league), 2012 1st, and 2012 2cd. I thought that was fairly decent value. The league rewards the big plays, which you don't see many from Jacobs. Mason has one, maybe two years left and his numbers could drop with Boldin in town. Jacobs contract was a little hefty as well ($22 through 2012, $175 cap). I had two first rounders this year and I have two for next. So this set me up with two for 2012 as well. I have Gore, Ronnie and Best as my backs (start 1-2), so Jacobs wasn't needed either.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:00 am

Jacobs makes a nice stop gap player with a very limited long term outlook. Good value to add if you are in need of an RB for a season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:47 am

He's the type of player that you have to go season by season and be prepared to sell high on him if you have him. If you're looking to acquire him, buy low.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:42 pm

He's good to go from what I've been reading. He's probably a hold at this point, but I think he'll bounce back nicely. I gave a 2010 2nd to acquire him for this year. 1000 yards and 10 tds isn't a stretch.

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:32 pm

I think Jacobs is on the decline, and you might only get this year out of him if you want a regular starting player. Too late to sell now and get much unless you're very lucky, so I'd either be holding to use him for a (hopeful) superbowl run, or hope he has a few good games to start the season and trade to a contender.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:22 pm

hot nikkels wrote:He's good to go from what I've been reading. He's probably a hold at this point, but I think he'll bounce back nicely. I gave a 2010 2nd to acquire him for this year. 1000 yards and 10 tds isn't a stretch.
I agree with this. I think people in general are overestimating Bradshaw and underestimating Jacobs. I think you can at least expect one good year from him and possibly 2. Unfortunately his size and running style won't allow much long term though.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:58 pm

Brandon Jacobs is basically done, If I had him in my dynasty league I would just cross my fingers and hope he did decent this year. I would then automatically trade him for whatever I could get after 2010.

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:55 am

Never was a fan, never will be. The big plodders typically give you two or three years and then drop off the planet. He looked terrible last year. I would not trade for him unless it was pretty cheap.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:32 pm

hosler427 wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:He's good to go from what I've been reading. He's probably a hold at this point, but I think he'll bounce back nicely. I gave a 2010 2nd to acquire him for this year. 1000 yards and 10 tds isn't a stretch.
I agree with this. I think people in general are overestimating Bradshaw and underestimating Jacobs. I think you can at least expect one good year from him and possibly 2. Unfortunately his size and running style won't allow much long term though.
I agree.

Jacobs played on a torn meniscus nearly all year last year, but still gutted it out. Granted, he's getting up there in age, but I think he can be had for a discounted price right now, and I would not mind having him as an RB3, with the upside of a RB2.
2012 DLF Veterans Invitational Champion
2009, 2010, 2012 No Quit Keeper League Champion

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:54 pm

I don't like anyone in the Giants' backfield right now. I'd take Andre Brown above the rest if I knew he was healthy returning from a torn ACL, but that hasn't been the case. Maybe it's just me, but a RB with at one time two broken feet doesn't exactly give me confidence and Bradshaw may be the healthiest back among the group. Jacobs could be Not For Long in pro football, though I'll give him a chance for probably one more good season (insert giant health-disclaimer here, Vince-style)... :cry:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Re: Brandon Jacobs

Postby dlf_ericd » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:41 am

I personally wouldn't be trading for him...if I already owned him I would probably hang on to him just because of his super low trade value right now, unless you found someone desperate. I see him possibly being a decent goal line back (if healthy), but not much more. Maybe a Mike Alstott or Jerome Bettis type at the end of their careers. Big backs get old quick...
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball