Keeper Advise

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Keeper Advise

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:37 am

We still have a couple of months before our keepers are due but I'd like to hear some opinions on who you would keep. We keep 4 players from our rosters, PPR, 6 points per passing TD...

My main players:

Matt Schaub

Adrian Peterson
Knowshon Moreno
Felix Jones
Cedric Benson

Andre Johnson
Marques Colston
Vincent Jackson

I have the 4th pick in the draft.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:44 am

1. Peterson
2. Andre Johnson
3. M. Colston
4. K. Moreno

I have a feeling that you should still be able to get a quality Qb, so Schaub doesn't get protected here, and I think you keep Moreno due to the likelihood that a lot of RBs will end up protected here. Vincent Jackson is also a possibility to keep here if you wanted.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:47 am

I forgot to add that we start the following:

QB: 1
RB: 2
WR: 2
TE: 1
RB/WR/TE: 2

ccteam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ccteam » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:54 am

What are the starting req's? I'll assume Q, R, R, W, W, flex, TE

1. Peterson (Obviously)
2. Andre Johnson (Just as Obviously)
3. Vincent Jackson (I like him over Colston by a small margin)
4. Moreno (just doubt you'll get much better a RB in the draft, though an argument could be made for Ryan Matthews)
4b. If you either start more WR's or less RB's, I'd make Colston my 4th keeper over Moreno. Also would be the case if somehow you expect any of Mendenhall, J Stew, or Chris Wells to be available)
12 team PPR Q, R, R, W, W, W/R, W/T, TE, K - 36 player rosters
E Manning Dalton
Sproles, D Brown Mendenhall, Blount, Hillis, Gerhart, Moreno
Fitz, White, Holmes, Rice TBMW, Royal, Edwards, Bess
Pettigrew H Miller

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Keeper Advise

Postby Orca » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:03 am

Steelersfan wrote:We still have a couple of months before our keepers are due but I'd like to hear some opinions on who you would keep. We keep 4 players from our rosters, PPR, 6 points per passing TD...

My main players:

Matt Schaub

Adrian Peterson
Knowshon Moreno
Felix Jones
Cedric Benson

Andre Johnson
Marques Colston
Vincent Jackson

I have the 4th pick in the draft.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!
you'll get good numbers from Benson this year and hopefully acquire a better keeper next year.

princevincexoxo

Re: Keeper Advise

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:18 am

Adrian Peterson Stability RB1
Knowshon Moreno Upside RB3

Andre Johnson Stability WR1
Marques Colston Stability WR2

you can either get a a younger more stable RB2 than Benson at 4, or you can just grab Benson at 4. Holding onto Moreno gives you that upside that you need to rebuild your team on the back-end....Colston has a higher ceiling than VJax so thats a no brainer....
Last edited by princevincexoxo on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:20 am

Schaub, AP, AJ, Colston.

Schaub: I doubt there will be a better QB1 available with 6 points per TD, having a top QB can make or break your season.
AP: Automatic
AJ: automatic
Colston: Unless R.Mathews falls flat on his face - VJ's number are probably going down slightly with SD actually having a decent running game.

I think VJ, Benson, or Moreno gets back to you at the 4th pick.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:23 am

MR ROURKE wrote:Schaub, AP, AJ, Colston.

Schaub: I doubt there will be a better QB1 available with 6 points per TD, having a top QB can make or break your season.
AP: Automatic
AJ: automatic
Colston: Unless R.Mathews falls flat on his face - VJ's number are probably going down slightly with SD actually having a decent running game.

I think VJ, Benson, or Moreno gets back to you at the 4th pick.
come on man...QB's are not worth keeping.........

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:29 am

1. Aaron Rodgers, GB - being kept
2. Drew Brees, NO - being kept
3. Peyton Manning, IND - maybe
4. Phillip Rivers, SD - being kept
5. Tom Brady, NE
6. Tony Romo, DAL - being kept
7. Matt Schaub, HOU
8. Matt Ryan, ATL
9. Eli Manning, NYG
10. Brett Favre, MIN
11. Ben Roethlisberger, PIT
12. Jay Cutler, CHI

4 QB's are almost GUARANTEED to be kept

the top 12 here do not even include guys like Kolb, Henne, Alex Smith or Flacco all potential top 12 options this year..so thats 11 quality QB's (if you minus Favre) among 8 teams.....nobody is spending a 2nd round pick on a backup QB....so Schaub should fall to the 2nd and if not then a QB just as good will fall to the 2nd if not even the 3rd, or 4th. QB's are less of a luxury no matter how many points per TD pass - unless you begin to include bonuses, and points per completion, the demand is still not as high because the supply is always high.

And as far as drafting is concerned its usually better to do the OPPOSITE of what everyone else is doing in order to strategically outmaneuver other managers....so 4 teams are going to let go of decent RB's and WR's to keep a QB.....make them pay for that by drafting one of those RB's or WR's in the 1st and 2nd and then a QB in the 3rd guys like Kolb, Henne, Flacco should still be there, guaranteed.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:37 am

princevincexoxo wrote:1. Aaron Rodgers, GB - being kept
5. Tom Brady, NE
7. Matt Schaub, HOU
8. Matt Ryan, ATL
9. Eli Manning, NYG
10. Brett Favre, MIN
12. Jay Cutler, CHI

the top 12 here do not even include guys like Kolb, Henne, Alex Smith or Flacco all potential top 12 options this year..so thats 11 quality QB's (if you minus Favre) among 8 teams.....nobody is spending a 2nd round pick on a backup QB....so Schaub should fall to the 2nd and if not then a QB just as good will fall to the 2nd if not even the 3rd, or 4th.

As far as drafting is concerned its usually better to do the OPPOSITE of what everyone else is doing in order to strategically outmaneuver other managers....
wait a second...are you saying you devalue quarterbacks in fantasy?

:D

I agree with most of what you said, EXCEPT Vincent Jackson's ceiling is NO WAY lower than Colston. I love Colston as much as the next guy but he is a sell now candidate, imo. If anything, he has a high floor, low ceiling. Vjax was on pace for top 5 and then hit a slump later in the year. Meachum is emerging and will take some looks away from Colston.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:39 am

Orca wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:1. Aaron Rodgers, GB - being kept
5. Tom Brady, NE
7. Matt Schaub, HOU
8. Matt Ryan, ATL
9. Eli Manning, NYG
10. Brett Favre, MIN
12. Jay Cutler, CHI

the top 12 here do not even include guys like Kolb, Henne, Alex Smith or Flacco all potential top 12 options this year..so thats 11 quality QB's (if you minus Favre) among 8 teams.....nobody is spending a 2nd round pick on a backup QB....so Schaub should fall to the 2nd and if not then a QB just as good will fall to the 2nd if not even the 3rd, or 4th.

As far as drafting is concerned its usually better to do the OPPOSITE of what everyone else is doing in order to strategically outmaneuver other managers....
wait a second...are you saying you devalue quarterbacks in fantasy?

I agree with most of what you said, EXCEPT Vincent Jackson's ceiling is NO WAY lower than Colston.

prove it...

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:46 am

I thought this did:

I love Colston as much as the next guy but he is a sell now candidate, imo. If anything, he has a high floor, low ceiling. Vjax was on pace for top 5 and then hit a slump later in the year. Meachum is emerging and will take some looks away from Colston.

going out shopping...I'll be back later to put something more compelling together

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:48 am

Orca wrote:I thought this did:

I love Colston as much as the next guy but he is a sell now candidate, imo. If anything, he has a high floor, low ceiling. Vjax was on pace for top 5 and then hit a slump later in the year. Meachum is emerging and will take some looks away from Colston.

going out shopping...I'll be back later to put something more compelling together
I'll save u the time

Colston Yearly Averages
14 games 71 catches 1020 yards 8 TD's (5 catches per game for his career)
Career High 98 catches in 16 games (6.1 catches per game)
Career Low 47 catches in 11 games (4.25 catches per game=68 catches in 16 games)

You can tell me all about Vincent Jacksons averages highs and lows :D

The fact is if anything Colstons floor has proven to be VJax's ceiling...
Last edited by princevincexoxo on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:49 am

princevincexoxo wrote:

I'll save u the time

Colston Yearly Averages
14 games 71 catches 1020 yards 8 TD's
5 catches per game for 4 years
Career Low 47 catches in 11 games (4.25 catches per game=68 catches in 16 games)

this isn't a discussion of averages :). Quite the opposite. It is a discussion of extremes...ceilings and floors. I have something in mind, but let me buy some fruits and vegetables first ok. :D

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:53 am

Orca wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:

I'll save u the time

Colston Yearly Averages
14 games 71 catches 1020 yards 8 TD's
5 catches per game for 4 years

this isn't a discussion of averages :). Quite the opposite. It is a discussion of extremes...ceilings and floors. I have something in mind, but let me buy some fruits and vegetables first ok. :D

ok 98 catches
70 catches
70 catches
and a projected 68 catches

in comparison to
41 catches
59 catches
68 catches

ur fighting a losing battle my friend.....