Trade for Andre Johnson?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Trade for Andre Johnson?

Postby BeRanDone » Mon May 17, 2010 10:16 am

Yeah, easy answer to this question right, who wouldn't want to have AJ? But I'm wondering if I could get some help on putting together an offer. My buddy informed me that he's not happy with his QB situation and is looking to move AJ in a package deal for a QB and WR. Here's his team:

QB - McNabb, Campbell, Sanchez
RB - Mendenhall, Moreno, M. Bush, Lynch, LT
WR - AJ, Britt, Roy Williams, Edwards, Laurent Robinson, Heyward-Bey
TE - Davis, Scheffler

My team is in my sig, League 2 (just drafted this team last night lol. Rookie draft next week). I know Rivers has to be involved to start the discussion. What else should be apart of it though??

12-team, Non-PPR (1QB, 1-2RB, 2-4WR, 1-2TE, 1DEF, 1K)

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Trade for Andre Johnson?

Postby Orca » Mon May 17, 2010 10:34 am

BeRanDone wrote:Yeah, easy answer to this question right, who wouldn't want to have AJ? But I'm wondering if I could get some help on putting together an offer. My buddy informed me that he's not happy with his QB situation and is looking to move AJ in a package deal for a QB and WR. Here's his team:

TE - Davis, Scheffler

My team is in my sig, League 2 (just drafted this team last night lol. Rookie draft next week). I know Rivers has to be involved to start the discussion. What else should be apart of it though??

Looking at your team, I really can't figure out a way to make it work for you. I personally would be looking to use some depth to get a WR2 behind Marshall. Just my opinion though.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Mon May 17, 2010 1:21 pm

Orca wrote:[Looking at your team, I really can't figure out a way to make it work for you. I personally would be looking to use some depth to get a WR2 behind Marshall. Just my opinion though.
I feel what you're saying. I think I have alot of WR3's. I'm hoping someone will produce enough to move up to WR2 status, but I'm open to trying to secure a solid WR2.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Mon May 17, 2010 1:23 pm

BeRanDone wrote:
Orca wrote:[Looking at your team, I really can't figure out a way to make it work for you. I personally would be looking to use some depth to get a WR2 behind Marshall. Just my opinion though.
I feel what you're saying. I think I have alot of WR3's. I'm hoping someone will produce enough to move up to WR2 status, but I'm open to trying to secure a solid WR2.
If it's any consolation, I am of the opinion that Aromashadu will develop into at LEAST a WR 2 this year.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon May 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Orca wrote:
BeRanDone wrote:Yeah, easy answer to this question right, who wouldn't want to have AJ? But I'm wondering if I could get some help on putting together an offer. My buddy informed me that he's not happy with his QB situation and is looking to move AJ in a package deal for a QB and WR. Here's his team:

TE - Davis, Scheffler

Looking at your team, I really can't figure out a way to make it work for you. I personally would be looking to use some depth to get a WR2 behind Marshall. Just my opinion though.
X2, I don't think you have enough firepwower to make a move for AJ without totally ruining your team.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Mon May 17, 2010 1:49 pm

I would tell him Rivers plus one WR (or maybe two) not named Marshall.

for McNabb, Sanchez and AJ.

I think something is doable. Don't let losing Rivers get in the way of landing AJ. Your QBs would have enough present value in McNabb and potential value in Sanchez and ASmith to hold you for at least this season.

-oo-

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Mon May 17, 2010 2:31 pm

meineymoe wrote:I would tell him Rivers plus one WR (or maybe two) not named Marshall.

I think something is doable. Don't let losing Rivers get in the way of landing AJ. Your QBs would have enough present value in McNabb and potential value in Sanchez and ASmith to hold you for at least this season.

-oo-
I like your optimism lol! But in all honesty I really think that I'd be pushing my roster to the brink trying to snag AJ, that's why I couldn't come up with an offer on my own. I think I will try SOMETHING though because he brought it up to me and me only (he's not actively shopping AJ, at least not yet).

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Mon May 17, 2010 2:49 pm

BeRanDone wrote:
meineymoe wrote:I would tell him Rivers plus one WR (or maybe two) not named Marshall.

-oo-
I like your optimism lol! But in all honesty I really think that I'd be pushing my roster to the brink trying to snag AJ, that's why I couldn't come up with an offer on my own. I think I will try SOMETHING though because he brought it up to me and me only (he's not actively shopping AJ, at least not yet).
hey, he's the one who approached you! If he doesn't take it, then it's his loss - you can fly with Rivers/AP/Marshall as your leaders and be a contender without AJ.

-oo-

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Mon May 17, 2010 3:49 pm

meineymoe wrote:
BeRanDone wrote:

-oo-
hey, he's the one who approached you! If he doesn't take it, then it's his loss - you can fly with Rivers/AP/Marshall as your leaders and be a contender without AJ.

-oo-
try Rivers and Avery for Campbell and AJ......

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon May 17, 2010 5:21 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
meineymoe wrote:
BeRanDone wrote: I like your optimism lol! But in all honesty I really think that I'd be pushing my roster to the brink trying to snag AJ, that's why I couldn't come up with an offer on my own. I think I will try SOMETHING though because he brought it up to me and me only (he's not actively shopping AJ, at least not yet).

-oo-
That's a fair starting offer.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Mon May 17, 2010 5:34 pm

TE - Davis, Scheffler

I can't believe he's wanting to move his only viable receiver at this point :roll: What rookie picks do you and he have?

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Mon May 17, 2010 6:24 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
meineymoe wrote:
BeRanDone wrote: I like your optimism lol! But in all honesty I really think that I'd be pushing my roster to the brink trying to snag AJ, that's why I couldn't come up with an offer on my own. I think I will try SOMETHING though because he brought it up to me and me only (he's not actively shopping AJ, at least not yet).

-oo-
I like this offer, I'll try it thanks!

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Mon May 17, 2010 6:27 pm

highballers wrote:

TE - Davis, Scheffler

I can't believe he's wanting to move his only viable receiver at this point :roll: What rookie picks do you and he have?
My picks: 1.08, 2.06, 3.07, 4.11

His picks: 1.09, 2.02, 3.02, 4.08

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon May 17, 2010 8:15 pm

Its a bit baffling that he is wanting to move his #1 player to try to shore up his deepest position...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Mon May 17, 2010 8:24 pm

I agree with you there skip. Plus I wouldn't feel very warm and fuzzy with Campbell and Alex Smith as my two QBs. I'd try and see if he has any interest in a player plus your early picks.