Worried about Parker?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Needalife
Legend
Legend

Worried about Parker?

Postby Needalife » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:42 pm

Am I the only Parker owner who is starting to worry about him? Injuries (big and small) beginning to accumulate, playing behind Still and not looking like he has much chemistry with Tanny has me worried.

I shopped him a little and nobody would even think about a 2017 1st for him right now. I guess he is a hold for now.

How is everyone else feeling about him? Trending downward or still feeling like he'll be a WR1 someday (and when)?
16 TM / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 3 DL / 3 LB / 4 DB / 1 FX

QB: Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love, Michael Penix Jr, Kenny Pickett, Sean Clifford
RB: Raheem Mostert, Antonio Gibson, Jaylen Wright, Jeff Wilson
WR: Marvin Harrison Jr, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, Gabriel Davis, Wan'Dale Robinson, Darius Slayton
TE: Kyle Pitts, Mike Gesicki, Isaiah Likely, Cade Stover
DL: Montez Sweat, Gregory Rousseau, Ed Oliver, Da'Ron Payne
LB: Devin Lloyd, Christian Harris, Jack Gibbens, Mack Wilson, Jack Sanborn
DB: Antoine Winfield, Camryn Bynum, Jeremy Chinn, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Amani Hooker, Justin Simmons, Caden Sterns
2025 PICKS: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5
2026 PICKS: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Worried about Parker?

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:46 pm

No.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:47 pm

I don't think he is trending downward but his value is low due to injuries. That being said, I think it's a bit optimistic to expect him to ever become a WR1.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:59 pm

slaughterrt wrote:I don't think he is trending downward but his value is low due to injuries. That being said, I think it's a bit optimistic to expect him to ever become a WR1.
It's also because he's not performing that well in camp or pre-season. I'd argue he is trending downward, because there was a time in the off-season where a lot of people valued him equivalent, or even better than the 1.01. Good luck getting that value right now.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:00 pm

I am not because he is bust and always has been.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:10 pm

balaberda wrote:I am not because he is bust and always has been.
Can't tell if this is serious or sarcasm but it made me smile regardless.

I'd be worried about Parker if I valued him as a potential WR1/traded a lot for him/took him early in a startup. When I say worried I don't mean that I'd give up all hope, but he's trending in the wrong direction which warrants some level of concern for owners.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:28 pm

I'm not down on him, people need to get real about young players. You've been spoiled by a few guys that contributed an abnormally high amount in the first year and now anyone who isn't a breakout stud by the beginning of their second year is considered a "bust". It's frankly ridiculous.

That being said, I guess most people are either low on him, or assume others are, because I've been getting lowball offers for him constantly.

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:39 pm

I'm not going to worry until year 3.. but, I just read that he has been naive to staying hydrated and eating breakfast. Miami just learned about this a month ago.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... ional.html
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:45 pm

I'm happy I sold him for Cobb.

With that said - he's entering his second year after missing a lot of his first year. Give him time.

2014 has erased reasonable expectation of young WRs from people's minds.

derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Postby derekhiny » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:58 pm

The only people who feel like his value isn't dropping are Parker owners who just don't want to face it. And then there are all the Parker truthers out there as well, of course, whether they own him or not. He was never worth his EXTREMELY bloated ADP, priced like he was the next up and coming superstar. Fact is, he was at his peak value this offseason and had nowhere to go but down, because he never should have been there to begin with. I feel bad for all the people who drank the kool-aid and bought at those prices. I still like Parker as a prospect who needs more time to develop, but at the prices I've always had him as being worth. A fantasy ceiling of a WR2, most likely settling in as a WR3. Which obviously also meant I would never own him at this point of his career because nobody is selling him at those prices. But if they were, I'd buy for sure.
12 Team Full Point PPR / IDP

QB - A-Rod, Russ Wilson, Lamar Jax,
RB - Zeke, DJ, Ingram, J Howard, Penny, Ware
WR - Nuk, Julio, D Adams, Cooks, A Cooper, Kirk, E Sanders, Albert Wilson, Deon Cain, Brandon Powell, Lasley
TE - Kittle, Delanie, Goedert, Brate, Eifert, Shaheen
DE - Hunter, Melvin Ingram, JPP, Fowler, Nassib, Golden, Turay
LB - Keuchley, Telvin, Deion Jones, Fred Warner
DB - Bates, John Johnson, McDougald, Justin Reid, Geathers, R Harrison, Whitehead

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:35 pm

I'm interested to see this play out. The reports out of camp haven't exactly been glowing, but they haven't been bad either. I think talk of a 2nd year breakout has always been overly optimistic, but I can still see him having a fairly solid year. Maybe he's more WR3 this year than the WR1 people hope.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:32 am

HereForTheComments wrote:I'm not going to worry until year 3.. but, I just read that he has been naive to staying hydrated and eating breakfast. Miami just learned about this a month ago.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... ional.html
Great read, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

I think Parker will be fine personally, but it is nice that the expectations of him from the masses have calmed a bit. I still think he'll finish the year somewhere between 700-900 yards on the year with 5-7 TDs. If that happens, he will be expected to make the year three leap.

If someone is selling cheap, I'd buy. Unfortunately, offering my 2017 1st hasn't worked out for me. I'd love to have some shares of him. Heres to hoping for a terrible start and a buy low window!!
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowdudes - 14 team - SF, PPR, No TEP - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:06 am

Personally not worried about him as I have traded all my shares. Traded him for martavis who I then traded for sammy then picked him and conley off of waivers, traded conley for langford and then the pair for keenan and gore. Feel like Devante has done enough for my team I don't need to worry about him any more
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:09 am

No, because I never paid for him post-2015 draft. He would be the WR3/4 on the one team I own him on, and is easily replaceable, so the impact is minor.

dlf4lyfe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dlf4lyfe » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:18 am

Phaded wrote:With that said - he's entering his second year after missing a lot of his first year. Give him time.

2014 has erased reasonable expectation of young WRs from people's minds.
This!

I think it's too early to say whether or not he will be a WR1. The talent is there, we need to see how he produces once he has more consistency & professionalism.
10 team | 10 Keepers | .5 ppr | QB | RBx2 | WRx2 | RB/WR/TE | WR/TE | K | D/ST

QB: Burrow | Prescott
RB: Chubb | Dobbins | Sanders | Edwards-Helaire | Patterson | Edmonds | Henderson | Edwards | Benjamin
WR/TE: Moore | London | Kelce | Cooks | Lockett | Lazard | Parker | Jones