TO's Landing Spot

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
jeffyo45
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

TO's Landing Spot

Postby jeffyo45 » Fri May 14, 2010 7:23 am

Any owners of TO out there have thoughts on where they would like to see him land?

I own D-Mac too so I was stoked when I heard D-Mac endorsing the Skins bringing him in.

I would like to see the Skins or Bears sign him. I am warming up to the idea of the Raiders too now that Campbell is the QB.
10 Team - 12 player (for as long as we want) keeper league.
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 RB/WR, 1TE, 1 K, 1 Def
6 pts All TD's, Decimal Point Scoring for Yardage (.05/yd Passing, .1/yd Rush/Rec)

12 Keepers:
QB-Brady, Dalton, Tannehill
RB-Charles, Alf Morris, Ridley
WR-Jordy, Cobb, Andre2K, Floyd, Colston
TE-Witten

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Fri May 14, 2010 10:27 am

I don't think TO finds a job until training camp is underway, if ever. His skills on the field now just don't out weigh his locker room virus. He can still play. But, it wouldn't surprise me to see him without a job watching football on Sundays from his driveway while doing sit ups and complaining to the media that he was pushed out of football.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Fri May 14, 2010 11:03 am

I would be very surprised if Owens isn't in some uniform on Sunday. He can still play and was a victim of being in Buffalo. While he certainly is a distraction we aren't talking about a guy with drug problems or trouble with the law. Teams have taken shots on guys were far more character issues and liklihood of being suspended, than him.

He'll play somewhere and he'll make that team better.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Fri May 14, 2010 11:09 am

Orca wrote:I would be very surprised if Owens isn't in some uniform on Sunday. He can still play and was a victim of being in Buffalo. While he certainly is a distraction we aren't talking about a guy with drug problems or trouble with the law. Teams have taken shots on guys were far more character issues and liklihood of being suspended, than him.

I agree! He's still a big target and can be productive as long as a team isn't relying on him as a WR1 anymore, more like a WR3 I think. Buffalo last year was one of the worst situations we've seen for a receiver in awhile (Which could actually get WORSE this year in Buffalo as TO has been replaced by a bunch of rookie WRs :lol: )
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Wolfjack
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby Wolfjack » Fri May 14, 2010 11:35 am

Shawn wrote:
Orca wrote:I would be very surprised if Owens isn't in some uniform on Sunday. He can still play and was a victim of being in Buffalo. While he certainly is a distraction we aren't talking about a guy with drug problems or trouble with the law. Teams have taken shots on guys were far more character issues and liklihood of being suspended, than him.

I agree! He's still a big target and can be productive as long as a team isn't relying on him as a WR1 anymore, more like a WR3 I think. Buffalo last year was one of the worst situations we've seen for a receiver in awhile (Which could actually get WORSE this year in Buffalo as TO has been replaced by a bunch of rookie WRs :lol: )
So if you subscribe to the belief that he is of value for a year. what's his trade value? Rookie pick in the second? Third?
Lee Deline

2006 United Dynasty League Inaugural Champion
GM of Waterloo Wolves - Member of the United Dynasty League
GM of Waterloo Bandits - Commissioner of the Premier Dynasty League
GM of Waterloo Reapers - Member of the DLF Charter League
GM of Waterloo Storm - Member of the DLF Charter League II

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri May 14, 2010 12:00 pm

Wolfjack wrote:
Shawn wrote:

So if you subscribe to the belief that he is of value for a year. what's his trade value? Rookie pick in the second? Third?
I'd pay as much as a mid to late 2nd for Owens if I needed a WR3 for a championship run.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Fri May 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
Wolfjack wrote:
Shawn wrote: I agree! He's still a big target and can be productive as long as a team isn't relying on him as a WR1 anymore, more like a WR3 I think. Buffalo last year was one of the worst situations we've seen for a receiver in awhile (Which could actually get WORSE this year in Buffalo as TO has been replaced by a bunch of rookie WRs :lol: )
I'd pay as much as a mid to late 2nd for Owens if I needed a WR3 for a championship run.
That seems about right. It is good time to move, when he gets signed by someone his value will go up.

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Postby haydn239 » Sun May 16, 2010 6:38 am

how do people feel about Jacksonville as a potential landing spot opposite Sims-Walker!

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Sun May 16, 2010 7:14 am

haydn239 wrote:how do people feel about Jacksonville as a potential landing spot opposite Sims-Walker!
That might hurt my fellow little man's Mike Thomas of having a large roll out there, so I don't like it. But it is a pretty good fit.

Before the draft I thought that Carolina would be a really good fit for him, opposite S. Smith. I still think it is, since I am don't think Lafell will make a big impact, at least not this year.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed May 19, 2010 4:47 pm

NFL Network's Steve Wyche reports that the Seahawks made "an exploratory phone call" about free agent Terrell Owens earlier this offseason.

It sounds like this was before rookie Golden Tate began lighting up minicamp. Wyche acknowledges that the current extent of Seattle's interest in T.O. is unknown, but reports that the rumored Owens-Raiders marriage "is not going to happen" at this time. The Raiders are reportedly confident that the light will flip on for 2009 No. 7 overall pick Darrius Heyward-Bey.
Rotoworld

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Wed May 19, 2010 4:59 pm

Steelersfan wrote:NFL Network's Steve Wyche reports that the Seahawks made "an exploratory phone call" about free agent Terrell Owens earlier this offseason.

It sounds like this was before rookie Golden Tate began lighting up minicamp. Wyche acknowledges that the current extent of Seattle's interest in T.O. is unknown, but reports that the rumored Owens-Raiders marriage "is not going to happen" at this time. The Raiders are reportedly confident that the light will flip on for 2009 No. 7 overall pick Darrius Heyward-Bey.
Rotoworld
Like they waited for a certain 1st round QB/NG :roll:

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:14 pm

After the Bills failed to offer him a June 1 tender, wide receiver Terrell Owens officially became an unrestricted free agent, according to Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post.

Our View: Any club can now sign him free of consequence. Of course, you're never really free of consequence if you are signing Terrell Owens. It could be a while before he finds himself under contract for the 2010 season.
Fanball

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:07 pm

haydn239 wrote:how do people feel about Jacksonville as a potential landing spot opposite Sims-Walker!
jacksonville is a good spot from him. not a huge media centre
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:40 pm

MrUbuto wrote:
Jacksonville would make sense. So would Carolina, opposite S. Smith.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Orca wrote:
MrUbuto wrote:
Jacksonville would make sense. So would Carolina, opposite S. Smith.
Yeah I agree. Brandon LaFell's hands are really small so TO would be an upgrade obviously :lol: