A Few Changes

Administrative announcements, suggestions, opinions, complaints, problems, wish list items. Whatever it is about the administration or operation of the site or forum, you can find or post it here.
dlf_kenm
Administrator

A Few Changes

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed May 12, 2010 11:50 pm

You may notice a couple changes to the DLF main site. There were several different things coming together at once, and here's a recap.

1. There is a Fantasy Players network bar across the top of the page.

We have joined forces with an advertising and content distribution network called Fantasy Sports Ventures (FSV). I am sure you have seen those gray Fantasy Players network bars across the tops of many other sports sites. Well, we are now part of the collective. There are some greta benefits to being a pert of this network, some of which will become apparent soon. But we also will hopefully be able to generate some ad revenue - see below.

2. The content area of the site is wider.
Just laying the groundwork for some future enhancements to the layout of the front page, and we needed to make it a little wider to accommodate some of the things we want to do.

3. There are much more prominent ads on the main site.
These ads are served up by FSV. Part of the reason we pursued a relationship with them is to see if we can increase our advertising revenue. To say that we were barely breaking even with the google ads is being generous. They were simply not producing much income, and I don't think they ever even covered the costs of running the site. As we've said many times, we are not here to get right off DLF. We shied away from advertising for a long time, and even when we did pursue it, it was with the intent to keep it as minimal and as unobtrusive as possible. But, in order for us to pursue some of the projects & tools we'd like to see implemented on DLF, we need to raise some capitol. So we're trying some different ads. Not only on the main site, but soon we'll be including the ads on the forum area as well. We really struggled with that decision. The last thing I want is to pollute the site, and especially the forum, with a bunch of garbage ads. But we are aiming to implement them in as careful a manner as possible, and we definitely want to hear back from all of you your opinons on the ads. If you hate them, let us know. We will do whatever we must to maintain the integrity of the site. But if you don't, and if you see something interesting being advertised, then please by all means click on an ad and follow it. The simple act of just clicking on an ad is what generates the income, so please, check them out if there is anything worth seeing there.

4. The chat room has been integrated into the framework of the regular site.
The chat room has been incorporated into the main site design. Not only does it look a little nicer, imho, but more importantly it enables some session and sign on-tracking which we will be making use of down the road for some other things.

That's about it. Any questions, just post here or contact me and I'll do my best to answer your questions or address any issues you may have.

Thanks again so much for being a part of the DLF Community. You have no idea how much just seeing the great community and discussions here really keeps us going!

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Sun May 23, 2010 7:46 pm

I just want to say that strictly because of the message board, I have always thought DLF to be one of the best sites on the internet for dynasty league content. However the quantity and quality of all the new articles being written have taken things to the next level! Thanks for all the efforts you guys are putting into these articles and the site. 8-)