Help to get MFL to implement 'Depth Chart' style roster list

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:52 am

In July I emailed MFL to see if there was any other way than alphabetical order to list rosters and asked them for an option to let owners order their roster like a depth chart.

They responded that currently the default is alphabetical, but that they would forward it as a feature request. Wondering if they might do this if more of us asked? Go to the help center and submit it under ask a question and they will get back to you with a support ticket.

Tired of seeing bums listed first just because their name comes first in the alphabet!
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:58 am

Yeah, going through lists alphabetical is terrible. Hate to have to keep doing that... You can sort by position or team too. Terrible. Just terrible.

heldlightning
Starter
Starter

Re: Help to get MFL to implement 'Depth Chart' style roster

Postby heldlightning » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:02 pm

Honestly I prefer alphabetical. It might make looking at my own team better, but it'd be a pain in the bleep if looking for players on other teams, especially if other owners value players differently than me.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:05 pm

heldlightning wrote:Honestly I prefer alphabetical. It might make looking at my own team better, but it'd be a pain in the bleep if looking for players on other teams, especially if other owners value players differently than me.
Not asking them to make one or other default but to let leagues choose which they prefer.

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:12 pm

I don't see a need for this.

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:42 pm

There have far worst issues they're neglecting for a long time.
The list will be too long but :

- They, of course, MUST retool that awful interface. I don't care it's ugly, but functionally it's also awful.
One menu bar has to be enough, they have 3 by default. One the left, on the top, and way up there. Far too much.
- They need to unite "add player" and "add FA", noobs have a hard time with it.
- They MUST allow us to draft a player in the freaking draft page. Come on man, this is ridiculous.

That's just 3 exemple of issues that are actually repelling away fantasy player from the platform. I know it for a fact.
I mean how hard it is?
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:53 pm

ajmyk wrote:There have far worst issues they're neglecting for a long time.

- They, of course, MUST retool that awful interface. I don't care it's ugly, but functionally it's also awful.
One menu bar has to be enough, they have 3 by default. One the left, on the top, and way up there. Far too much.
- They MUST allow us to draft a player in the freaking draft page. Come on man, this is ridiculous.

That's just 3 exemple of issues that are actually repelling away fantasy player from the platform. I know it for a fact.
I mean how hard it is?
Yep, start redoing the whole interface and go from there.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:02 pm

I actually would like the option to reorder my own depth chart, the alphabetical thing does get kind of annoying to stare at all off season
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:22 am

ajmyk wrote:There have far worst issues they're neglecting for a long time.

I mean how hard it is?
Redoing the waiver process needs to be high on the priority list. I remember I was in a redraft on realtimesports (or something like that) and their waiver functionality was light years better.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:10 am

Here's why I brought up this one specific thing, while I definitely agree the functionality needs to be improved in a myriad of ways. I just feel like those would take much more coding and effort on their part and that this would be fairly easy to implement. Not a computer programmer but it seems like a list feature like this has to be pretty easy.
Last edited by _yeti on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

evorzan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby evorzan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:15 am

I'd like that functionality also. As a side note, have any of you ever tried to use their watch list and then re-order players on it? If not, go check it out. It's maddening. (My Team Page -> Watch List)
Follow me @evorzan on Twitter
Formerly posting as Steveeb

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:24 am

Funny that people want to complain about the functionality about the vastly superior product on the market. I will live with the dated interface for all the positives it has over the field.

Wallets too small for your twenties? Diamond shoes too tight? ;-)
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:20 pm

skip wrote:Funny that people want to complain about the functionality about the vastly superior product on the market. I will live with the dated interface for all the positives it has over the field.

Wallets too small for your twenties? Diamond shoes too tight? ;-)
EXACTLY... The interface can not only be made to look prettier but you can customize it to your exact league theme or name... Something CBS, Yahoo, ESPN, Fleaflicker or any other site im familiar with doesnt really offer. Not only that but it can be enhanced VERY EASILY too.

My only gripe about MFL is their set lineup functions. I hate the 1-2 QBs, 1-4 RBs, 2-5 WRs etc... I'd love to see it like all other sites do it.. By position:

QB
RB
RB
RB/WR
WR
WR
TE
for example. Its easier to set lineups w/o making mistakes when you have to fill each open lineup hole. But everyone has been asking for this for years. Guys have tried coding a better lineup module but nothing has ever come of it.

As for the OP. When im looking for certain players on league rosters its easier when they're in alphabetical order. If a guy isnt on a certain team i know it at a glance when he doesnt show up in his alphabetical slot.

As for the comment about all the menus MFL has. Turn them off. There's a simple toggle switch for the Left menu and secondary horizontal menu in the commish setup. When i design leagues for people the first thing that goes is the left side menu. Its 100% redundant and just eats up space.

Jacob
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jacob » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:44 pm

One thing I would love to see, and I've asked them for it over the years, would be to put each team's draft picks that they own on the roster page. It would be so much easier to make offers if you could see what picks teams have w/o having to go to the trade page.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:18 pm

Jacob wrote:One thing I would love to see, and I've asked them for it over the years, would be to put each team's draft picks that they own on the roster page. It would be so much easier to make offers if you could see what picks teams have w/o having to go to the trade page.
Convenience doesn't dictate that changes should be made. Picks aren't part of a roster, players are.

If you want a new feature to clamor about how about multi team trades.