Pre Season Stock Watch: Risers and Fallers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Pre Season Stock Watch: Risers and Fallers

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Just to mention a few in particular I'm either not seeing mentioned much or I feel deserve further elaboration...

Stock Up

- Virgil Green. He played well ahead of the much hyped Heuerman in the first preseason game (Heuerman didn't appear until the third-quarter), and caught four touchdowns in one scrimmage last week. Denver's passing-O will probably be terrible, but Kubiak's starting TE is always worth rostering, just in case. And if anyone's forgotten what a freak Virgil is: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=TE.

- Cody Latimer. Fowler's injured and Latimer had a good preseason game. He had a good one last year too so maybe it doesn't mean much, we'll see.

- Jakeem Grant. I don't know how he can make fantasy noise on that depth-chart, but that little guy can play. (he's still bigger than me)

- Eli Rogers. The notion of three starting sub-6'0" wide-receivers is worrisome, but with the grim Green rumors, Bell's suspension, and Coates' bad week, both Rogers and Wheaton are becoming sleepers in Pittsburgh.

- C-Mike. lol. Just... lol.

Stock Down

- Alex Collins. C-Mike appearing more and more likely to be Rawls' handcuff. Hawks will probably keep four RBs, but Collins is shaping up as a gameday inactive this year.

- DeAndre Smelter. It was never realistic to expect a 2016 fantasy breakout. He's effectively a rookie transitioning from a triple-option college offense, and one that only played two years of collegiate ball at that. 2017 is the year to circle with him. Owners need to hope he just makes the active gameday roster this year. If he manages to beat out Patton for the starting split-end job, that's pure bonus, and he still probably wouldn't get more than 30-40 catches for the year. edit: now that I've mentioned him here in this category he'll probably put up stats today and make me look stupid

- Jay Ajayi. Owners wanted to see a better game than that, to say the least. He was either doghoused for that batted pass, or Miami never actually planned to use him much in the first preseason week. The latter is probably a naive hope.

- Josh Ferguson. Indy's O-line didn't do him any favors, but he just doesn't look like he's capable of being more than a space-back. Indy's rushing-offense is in trouble if 33-year-old Gore misses any time.

- Sammie Coates. Still has the same stone hands and absent ball-skills he had at Auburn.

- Jordan Howard. Could be a rush to judgment following just one preseason game and one beat-reporter's opinion, but it's clear now he has much more depth-chart climbing to do than most people assumed a month ago.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Zebrahead07
Starter
Starter

Postby Zebrahead07 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:33 pm

DynoScout wrote:Factor in Goff suffered two drops and was hit while throwing the interception and his stat line changes drastically with a little better luck.
After he took that huge hit there was a BEAUTIFUL strike to pharaoh coopers hands that he couldn't hold on to which would've put them on the 5. I wish they would've worked on the 2 minute drill, as they were taking there time coming out of the huddle and calling plays. Hopefully he gets a lot more work next week. I think fisher had some flashbacks of Bradford as Goff landed on his shoulder.
12 Team .5PPR IDP 30 Man Roster 8 Taxi 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1 Flex-1PK-2DL-2LB-2DB-1Flex

QB: K. Murray, D. Mills
RB: J. Williams A. Kamara, A. Gibson, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, D’. Johnson
WR: J. Waddle, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, M. Pittman, OBJ, J. Jones, R. Gage, B. Edwards
TE: K. Pitts, Albert O., C. Brate, J. Everette
DL: D. Hunter, B. Burns, M. Sweat, R. Gregory, C. Lawson
LB: L. Wilson, J Hicks, P. Werner
DB: K. Hamilton, T. Rapp

SF 12 Team 1PPR 24 Man Roster 4 Taxi 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1SF-2Flex

QB: L. Jackson, J. Burrow, D. Lock, J. Brisett, T. Huntley
RB: M. Sanders, D. Harris, K. Herbert, T. Sermon
WR: T. Higgins, D. Johnson, D.J. Moore, M. Pittman, G. Davis, A. St. Brown, J. Landry, J. Meyers, L. Shenault, J. Palmer, C. Austin
TE: K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, T. Higbee, G. Everette

Taxi:
Z. White RB
B. Robinson RB
A. Smith RB
S. Moore WR

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:22 pm

He has already been metioned earlier in this thread, but it is worth repeating...Dez Bryant. He honestly looked better to me than before he was injured and was moving quicker than I can ever remember him doing so before. I think some fantasy owners may be overlooking him to a degree, he could have the best year of his career this season.

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:44 pm

DGB going down for not being able to compete for a starting spot with 5th round rookie and a former udfa
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:06 pm

ajmyk wrote:DGB going down for not being able to compete for a starting spot with 5th round rookie and a former udfa
Careful. A_yeti will be all over your bleep for saying that stuff.

jimjim90
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jimjim90 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:29 pm

FiremanEd wrote:
ajmyk wrote:DGB going down for not being able to compete for a starting spot with 5th round rookie and a former udfa
Careful. A_yeti will be all over your bleep for saying that stuff.

:lol: :lol:
16 team dynasty league, salary cap, .5 PPR, return yards, IDP

QB: Prescott, T. Taylor, Manuel
RB: Gurley, D. Martin, Abdullah, Duke Johnson, Foreman, Zenner, B. Cunningham
WR: Cooks, K. Benjamin, Jeffery, C. Coleman, Treadwell, Kupp, R. Anderson, T. Sharpe, E. Rogers
TE: Ebron, D. Sims, J. Graham, C. Brate

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:55 pm

Mike Davis stock up. He cut weight in the off-season, and it shows. Continuously getting more than is blocked for him. A couple catches, and a nice spin move after the catch to beat a player after the catch.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:23 pm

Down- Jaelin Strong. Started with the 2nd stringers behind Fuller & Miller

Up- Vance McDonald. Made some plays, should be the primary passing TE.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:34 pm

DynoScout wrote:Factor in Goff suffered two drops and was hit while throwing the interception and his stat line changes drastically with a little better luck.
You can't just take out plays to improve a stat line. The plays happened.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:52 pm

Can't remove them but can take them into context...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:20 pm

Cody Latimer up. Jordan Howard down. NinotoreS explanation is enough.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:49 pm

Unless I missed it, I haven't seen much about him on here just yet:

Nelson Spruce! Came into the Rams as an UDFA. Caught 6/8 for 51 yards and a TD against the Cowboys, leading the team as the best WR, easily. Heading into the draft, all those who had coached him and seen him play had one common statement: "He just catches the ball". His college drops were like 3 on 288 catches or something out of this world.

I know I'm a huge fanboy/truther of his and I admit it, but I think we're looking at the Rams eventual WR3 once the regular season rolls around. I know it probably might not mean much fantasy wise for 2016, but outside of Cooper, for 2017, I truly think Spruce could have the way paved to be a WR2 or WR3 on his team.
#FreeCoreyDavis

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:03 am

jaykay22 wrote:Unless I missed it, I haven't seen much about him on here just yet:

Nelson Spruce! Came into the Rams as an UDFA. Caught 6/8 for 51 yards and a TD against the Cowboys, leading the team as the best WR, easily. Heading into the draft, all those who had coached him and seen him play had one common statement: "He just catches the ball". His college drops were like 3 on 288 catches or something out of this world.

I know I'm a huge fanboy/truther of his and I admit it, but I think we're looking at the Rams eventual WR3 once the regular season rolls around. I know it probably might not mean much fantasy wise for 2016, but outside of Cooper, for 2017, I truly think Spruce could have the way paved to be a WR2 or WR3 on his team.
Fellow fanboy here. As a CU fan, I've watched damn-near every game he's played in his college career. It's true. He just catches the ball. He's not the fastest, tallest or strongest guy on the field, but when it's a crucial 3rd & 7, guess who always seems to be open on an 8-yard out?

Loved how Gruden immediately started talking him up right when he checked into the game, and he just flat-out delivered. I'm looking for any excuse to keep him on my final 17-man roster, so I hope he keeps it up.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:14 am

I cannot see how he can be on any 17 man roster short of a 20+ team league but the kid was damned impressive even against the dallas scrubs . He caught the ball and looked like a 10 year vet in terms of negotiating space /coverage ; with a quality qb he would immediately become a security blanket. I will be keeping close tabs on him going forward.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:14 am

clarion contrarion wrote:I cannot see how he can be on any 17 man roster short of a 20+ team league but the kid was damned impressive even against the dallas scrubs . He caught the ball and looked like a 10 year vet in terms of negotiating space /coverage ; with a quality qb he would immediately become a security blanket. I will be keeping close tabs on him going forward.
This year's Allen Hurns perhaps? Of course, just like with Hurns I'll probably completely miss out on him as I paid very little attention to what a UDFA rookie WR on a bad offensive team was doing during the preseason. I'm at least paying closer attention to Spruce right now than I did to Hurns two years ago.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U