trade offered

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

trade offered

Postby gratefulydead3 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:59 am

hey guys, I was just offered chester taylor and the 1.03 rookie pick for colston

What side would you rather have and if colston, what should I add to make it even? Thanks in advance for the opinions

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:04 am

I'm not one for handcuffing, but I could see Taylor unseat Forte in Chicago... still it comes down to your starting requirements - you aren't that deep at quality WRs.... Spiller or Dez Bryant at 1.03 makes this trade more intriguing.

-oo-

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Colston

Postby Scorp » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:05 am

Earlier this year, I traded Colston for Sanchez and a 2011 first round pick. I felt with all the receiving options in New Orleans, that Colston wasn't a top 8 PPR receiver anymore. Meachem and Lance Moore are becoming more relevant in that offense, although Colston is still a nice red zone threat. C.Taylor and 1.3 isn't enough for Colston imo, but to even it out, I'd want either a QB and the 1.3 like I did, or 1.3 + a RB like Lynch.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: trade offered

Postby Pilate » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:13 am

gratefulydead3 wrote:hey guys, I was just offered chester taylor and the 1.03 rookie pick for colston

What side would you rather have and if colston, what should I add to make it even? Thanks in advance for the opinions
I believe in proven talent anytime over a rookie player/pick. Colston is a low end WR1 who plays in a pass first offense. Finished last season with 70 receptions and 9 TD's in an offense that has several other excellent weapons.

I would take that trade without hesitation.

gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Colston

Postby gratefulydead3 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:30 am

Vintage wrote:Earlier this year, I traded Colston for Sanchez and a 2011 first round pick. I felt with all the receiving options in New Orleans, that Colston wasn't a top 8 PPR receiver anymore. Meachem and Lance Moore are becoming more relevant in that offense, although Colston is still a nice red zone threat. C.Taylor and 1.3 isn't enough for Colston imo, but to even it out, I'd want either a QB and the 1.3 like I did, or 1.3 + a RB like Lynch.
The guy has manning, rogers, and stafford, but I think h plans on keep both rogers and manning and I'm not a huge stafford fan. I want the 1.3 and taylor so what if I made it 1.3/taylor/2.3 for colston/jerome simpson. The other owner has mendenhall, moreno, ronnie brown, and lynch so WR is his main need

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Colston

Postby Scorp » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:33 am

gratefulydead3 wrote:
Vintage wrote:Earlier this year, I traded Colston for Sanchez and a 2011 first round pick. I felt with all the receiving options in New Orleans, that Colston wasn't a top 8 PPR receiver anymore. Meachem and Lance Moore are becoming more relevant in that offense, although Colston is still a nice red zone threat. C.Taylor and 1.3 isn't enough for Colston imo, but to even it out, I'd want either a QB and the 1.3 like I did, or 1.3 + a RB like Lynch.
The guy has manning, rogers, and stafford, but I think h plans on keep both rogers and manning and I'm not a huge stafford fan. I want the 1.3 and taylor so what if I made it 1.3/taylor/2.3 for colston/jerome simpson. The other owner has mendenhall, moreno, ronnie brown, and lynch so WR is his main need
It's obvious he's targetting Bryant, I still would want Lynch + 1.3 for Colston.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like he wants to keep Lynch, and wants Spiller.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:39 am

1.3/taylor/2.3 for colston/jerome simpson is value for you, but it isn't the way I'd go about it to get Bryant because you might end up with Taylor/Spiller/Gilyard or something like that.

gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gratefulydead3 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:45 am

No Dez will be there. The 1.1 moved up after the Chargers got Mathews (he's a sproles owner) and the 1.2 only has 1 startable option at RB with McCoy so he'll be forced to take Spiller. 1.3 I get Dez and then at 1.6 I'll take Best/Tate if they are still on the board (I'm confident Tate will be there).

Ideally it would end up as Dez/Chester Taylor/BPA at 2.3 Gresham maybe for Colston/Jerome Simpson

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:03 am

gratefulydead3 wrote:No Dez will be there. The 1.1 moved up after the Chargers got Mathews (he's a sproles owner) and the 1.2 only has 1 startable option at RB with McCoy so he'll be forced to take Spiller. 1.3 I get Dez and then at 1.6 I'll take Best/Tate if they are still on the board (I'm confident Tate will be there).

Ideally it would end up as Dez/Chester Taylor/BPA at 2.3 Gresham maybe for Colston/Jerome Simpson
I think I would gamble a bit and take the deal.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:37 am

the guy offering the trade is kinda dumb, he could keep chester and just take dez himself. dez is an instant top tier WR2 from week 1
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:49 am

u get a deal if u take it. Colston is great but dez as a boy could be bettr!

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:53 am

Colston by a WIDE margin. Rookie picks are far too much of a gamble. Chester's value is extremely limited. This is Colston for the 1.3 and I take Colston there all day long.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:54 am

skip wrote:Colston by a WIDE margin. Rookie picks are far too much of a gamble. Chester's value is extremely limited. This is Colston for the 1.3 and I take Colston there all day long.
why do u say chester has no value. they didnt sign him to that contract for no reason..

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:56 am

pvballer3915 wrote:
skip wrote:Colston by a WIDE margin. Rookie picks are far too much of a gamble. Chester's value is extremely limited. This is Colston for the 1.3 and I take Colston there all day long.
why do u say chester has no value. they didnt sign him to that contract for no reason..
If you want to invest in a RB who will hit 31 the first month of the season, feel free. A player at that position and of that age has limited value.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:03 am

skip wrote:
pvballer3915 wrote:
If you want to invest in a RB who will hit 31 the first month of the season, feel free. A player at that position and of that age has limited value.
alright heres where i see the difference. They say the age a RB dies out is at 30 right? The difference between chester and most rbs is that he was really never a workhorse as an nfl rb. He was always that role guy. There was only one season in which he had over 200 rushing attempts and that was his first year as a vike with 303. My point is his legs are still sumwhat fresh and havent been driven into the grund. Thats why i think Taylor will have a solid year. This mite also bring Forte out of his lil loop he has goin on..

Just what i think :)