How should I make room for my draft picks?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
andy77725
Role Player
Role Player

How should I make room for my draft picks?

Postby andy77725 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:42 pm

12 team dynasty league 25 man roster. Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF
Scoring: Pretty much standard, no PPR, 4pt/pass TD
QB: Rodgers, Leinart
RB: Gore, Mendenhall, R. Rice, Maroney, D. Brown, Jennings
WR: Ochocinco, S. Rice, Crabtree, Evans, Cotchery, Berrian, Royal, A. Gonzalez, D. Thomas, Nelson, James Jones, Tate, L. Robinson
TE: Daniels, V. Davis
K: Akers
DEF: SF
2010 Picks: 1.08, 1.12, 2.08, 2.12, 3.12, 4.12, 5.12

As it stands I have five picks in the first 3 rounds, and nobody I feel comfortable letting go without getting something in return. I have a few options I am contemplating. These are a few possibilities. What do you think?

1. Trade 1.12 for a 2011 1st to the worst team willing to make that trade. (I really want the pieces needed to get 1.01, and Mark Ingram next year)
2. Trade some of my picks to move up in the 2010 draft
3. Trade some combo of Maroney, Evans, Cotchery, and Berrian. (For what, I’m not sure. Looking for some ideas of what type of offer I might be able to put together)

I would also be willing to trade other WR's like 85, Royal, A. Gonzalez, D. Thomas, Nelson, James Jones, Tate, and L. Robinson if I could get decent value for them. I just don't think anyone would pay that much for any of them right now.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:09 pm

yea thats too many picks. try and trade them all away except the 1.08 and try and get in prime positioning for your man next year.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: How should I make room for my draft picks?

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:21 pm

andy77725 wrote:12 team dynasty league 25 man roster. Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF
Scoring: Pretty much standard, no PPR, 4pt/pass TD
QB: Rodgers, Leinart
RB: Gore, Mendenhall, R. Rice, Maroney, D. Brown, Jennings
WR: Ochocinco, S. Rice, Crabtree, Evans, Cotchery, Berrian, Royal, A. Gonzalez, D. Thomas, Nelson, James Jones, Tate, L. Robinson
TE: Daniels, V. Davis
K: Akers
DEF: SF
2010 Picks: 1.08, 1.12, 2.08, 2.12, 3.12, 4.12, 5.12

As it stands I have five picks in the first 3 rounds, and nobody I feel comfortable letting go without getting something in return. I have a few options I am contemplating. These are a few possibilities. What do you think?

1. Trade 1.12 for a 2011 1st to the worst team willing to make that trade. (I really want the pieces needed to get 1.01, and Mark Ingram next year)
2. Trade some of my picks to move up in the 2010 draft
3. Trade some combo of Maroney, Evans, Cotchery, and Berrian. (For what, I’m not sure. Looking for some ideas of what type of offer I might be able to put together)

I would also be willing to trade other WR's like 85, Royal, A. Gonzalez, D. Thomas, Nelson, James Jones, Tate, and L. Robinson if I could get decent value for them. I just don't think anyone would pay that much for any of them right now.
I love that option!

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:54 pm

maroney, jennings, and berrian all seem expendible. i would use them and your 1.08 and try to move up. good idea to swap the other picks for future picks. good luck going for the 1.01 next season. i'm sure it will be the most obvious 1.01 if recent histroy.
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!