Drop 5

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
vorpoll
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Drop 5

Postby vorpoll » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:52 pm

I will need to drop 5 of these guys.

PPR
Starting lineup QB,2RB, 2WR, TE, 2RB/WR/TE (FLEX), K , DEF

STAFFORD, T. TAYLOR, OSWEILER, P LYNCH
ELLIOT,GURLEY, R JENNINGS, BLUE, S WARE, KHIRY, TRE MASON, JOSH FERGUSON
M EVANS, TREADWELL, T LOCKETT, AGHOLOR, BOYD, P COOPER, JANIS, ABBREDERIS, SMELTER
KELCE, HUNTER HENRY, JEFF HEUERMAN
LAMBO
BRONCOS, TEXANS

The guys in RED are who I am thinking would be dropped but I need 1 more. I know I don't need 4 qb's but not sure I could trade one for anything worthwhile.

Thoughts?

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Drop 5

Postby knotts4372 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:17 am

drop one of the defenses and your kicker if you are allowed. just get a kicker back later. that leaves you with 3 which should be blue, mason, abbbrederis

i would not drop heuerman here. i would keep him over guys like khiry, janis, ware, ferguson, and smelter honestly. i think heuerman starts this year
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:27 am

knotts4372 wrote:drop one of the defenses and your kicker if you are allowed. just get a kicker back later. that leaves you with 3 which should be blue, mason, abbbrederis

i would not drop heuerman here. i would keep him over guys like khiry, janis, ware, ferguson, and smelter honestly. i think heuerman starts this year
Well said, I agree to keep Heuerman if possible

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:50 am

In a start 1 QB league you don't need 4 qbs. You also don't need 2 defenses. I agree those 4 are your worst players though. Drop your least favorite QB and defense then drop 3 of the 4 you put in red.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Dobbins, Akers
WR: T. Hill, Kupp, KA, JSN, T. Boyd, Mingo, Thomas, Toney
TE: Kelce, Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01
2025: 1, 2, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, JT, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Burrow, Cousins, Watson, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:12 am

With the ability to drop a defense, I don't see a reason to cut a QB. There is no rule that says you can't hold 4. In two of my 1QB leagues I am currently rostering 5 of them...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:14 am

I would drop, in this order, Texans DEF, Mason, Abbrederis, Blue, AND... SMELTER! It might be too early to declare his career dead, but if I was betting I would say he never makes a fantasy impact. It doesn't look like he'll have a role even in the cruddy SF WR core. The main reason he was hyped up was the fact that there was no WR1 in SF and he was the best WR prospect they had. Now he's behind CFL player Eric Rogers on the depth chart.

Heuerman looks like the starter at TE in Den, Janis looks to have a clearer path to starting and flashed in limited play, and you're going to have to add a kicker back anyway... so unless you can do a 2:1 type of trade (I think they happen a lot less than people think because owners want to keep their stashes) you'll need to drop that 4th positional player. If you can work out a trade that frees up a roster spot before you drop your 5th player Smelter is the one I'd keep. Okay, let me have it.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:01 am

jcc6fd wrote:I would drop, in this order, Texans DEF, Mason, Abbrederis, Blue, AND... SMELTER! It might be too early to declare his career dead, but if I was betting I would say he never makes a fantasy impact. It doesn't look like he'll have a role even in the cruddy SF WR core. The main reason he was hyped up was the fact that there was no WR1 in SF and he was the best WR prospect they had. Now he's behind CFL player Eric Rogers on the depth chart.

Heuerman looks like the starter at TE in Den, Janis looks to have a clearer path to starting and flashed in limited play, and you're going to have to add a kicker back anyway... so unless you can do a 2:1 type of trade (I think they happen a lot less than people think because owners want to keep their stashes) you'll need to drop that 4th positional player. If you can work out a trade that frees up a roster spot before you drop your 5th player Smelter is the one I'd keep. Okay, let me have it.
I agree with those drops only I'd drop the kicker instead of Smelter and wait it out through the pre-season.
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

vorpoll
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby vorpoll » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:35 pm

I should have mentioned I don't have to drop them for another 6 weeks. Just struggling with the last drop as I like having these 2 Def's. I know something could happen between now and then but if it doesn't I would like to have a plan.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:21 am

Tre Mason
Cooper
Blue
Smelter or one of the Packers
Kicker
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:56 am

Big Al wrote:
knotts4372 wrote:drop one of the defenses and your kicker if you are allowed. just get a kicker back later. that leaves you with 3 which should be blue, mason, abbbrederis

Well said, I agree to keep Heuerman if possible
X3 that offense is very TE friendly