Jonathan Stewart vs DeAngelo Williams

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
princevincexoxo

Jonathan Stewart vs DeAngelo Williams

Postby princevincexoxo » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:23 am

23 yrs old - Jonathan Stewart 221 carries (up from 180) 1113 yards (up from 800 yards) 11 TD's (up from 10)
27 yrs old - DWill 216 carries (down from 270) 1117 yards (down from 1500 yards) 7 TD's (down from 20 TD's)

This is an interesting scenario because the more i think about it the more I am becoming compelled to move Jonathan Stewart up closer to or ahead of DWill in my dynasty rankings...if someone offered DWill for JStew Im not sure you could justify putting the rookie pick on the DWill side. (What do you all think about that?) However, this is by no means a disrespect to DWill....love the guy, and he is a top 10 RB....but the fact is Stewart (among others) is putting up similar/better numbers than DWill and is younger. Thats the only purpose of having the rookie pick anyway is to acquire and develop younger players......right?

But there is a risk to that because they dont always develop...so isnt moving from an RB nearing the edge, to a RB approaching his apex just as good of a bet as just having the rookie pick itself?

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:47 am

If it wasn't for JStew's (that's for you JB) injury concerns I would have him slightly ahead of DWill (again... :lol: )

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:59 am

Steelersfan wrote:If it wasn't for JStew's (that's for you JB) injury concerns I would have him slightly ahead of DWill (again... :lol: )
Thanks Mark. But Stewart actually has a phenominal nickname - The Daily Show. And you're aware of how many athletes there are named D. Williams in the NFL and every other sport right?

Oh, and I agree with Mark. The only thing keeping The Daily Show from jumping Williams is the injury concerns. And I know Vince will argue that they both have been injured, but Stewart has a recurring problem that involves his achilles. That's scary s*it.
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:01 am

BubbaBurst wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:If it wasn't for JStew's (that's for you JB) injury concerns I would have him slightly ahead of DWill (again... :lol: )
Thanks Mark. But Stewart actually has a phenominal nickname - The Daily Show. And you're aware of how many athletes there are named D. Williams in the NFL and every other sport right?

Oh, and I agree with Mark. The only thing keeping The Daily Show from jumping Williams is the injury concerns. And I know Vince will argue that they both have been injured, but Stewart has a recurring problem that involves his achilles. That's scary s*it.
I didn't know that... :oops: :lol:

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:20 am

Neck and neck right now. Longer term, its Stewart. And you should have thought about this prior to dealing for Mendenhall as Stewart is a much better talent.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:29 am

skip wrote:Neck and neck right now. Longer term, its Stewart. And you should have thought about this prior to dealing for Mendenhall as Stewart is a much better talent.
You didnt answer the question about the pick....

Actually, nobody did.....

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:45 am

Longer term, its Stewart.
X2
But, I would not trade Williams straight up right now. Too many injury concerns for Stewart. Love them both, but would want more (and possibly the pick you were talking about) in return for Williams.

Williams has a few great years left, especially in their system, and his stats would have been higher had he not been injured for 3 games.That said, if I were only a Williams owner, I'd buy high for Stewart as he is emensely talented. Just wouldn't trade one for the other.

As a Stewart owner only, depending on my RB depth, I'd sit and wait, then enjoy the ride when he eventually takes over.

If I had niether, I'd go for Stewart unless you could some how get Williams without decimating your team. Stewart is younger and in most cases, will be cheaper. Luckily, I traded for Stewart and have both :D .
Last edited by SpaderDude on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:35 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
skip wrote:Neck and neck right now. Longer term, its Stewart. And you should have thought about this prior to dealing for Mendenhall as Stewart is a much better talent.
You didnt answer the question about the pick....

Actually, nobody did.....
The purpose of rookie picks is to trade them to teams for established talent and utilize those other teams as your "developmental" roster. But you knew that already. :D
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Manyx
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Manyx » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:07 am

I have Stewie ahead of D Will. I think both can be top10-top 15 RB. Stewie has had injury concerns but played through them as well. The Panthers have a good o-line and will play the hot hand this year. I think Stewie will get the larger share of the carries with a 55/45 split.

I think both are worth owning and can start for your fantasy team in 2010.