Rookie pick trade value.

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ccteam
Role Player
Role Player

Rookie pick trade value.

Postby ccteam » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:30 am

Hey everyone, in one of my leagues, I currently hold the 1.01, 1.04, 1.06, 1.07, 2.01, 2.10, and 4.06 picks (12 teamer). Right now I am not super excited about sticking with the 1.6 and 1.7 picks. I am trying to decide whether to try and make a move and get 1 more pick in the top 5, or trade down and get additional picks and or talent.

There are two things to note, first being that this league is expanding rosters this year by 5 players, so having at least 5 decent rookie picks would be nice so that I'm not filling roster space off the waiver wire. Second is my roster:

Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
Dennis Dixon, Pit QB
Derek Anderson, ARI QB
Bruce Gradkowski, Oak QB

Darren Sproles, SD RB
Andre Brown, NY RB
Gartrell Johnson, NY RB
Mewelde Moore, Pit RB
Sammy Morris, NE RB
Fred Taylor, NE RB
Kory Sheets, MIA RB
Peyton Hillis, CLE RB

Vincent Jackson, SD WR
Miles Austin, Dal WR
Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR
Anthony Gonzalez*, Ind WR
Dwayne Jarrett, Car WR
Johnnie Lee Higgins, Oak WR
Greg Camarillo, Mia WR
Brian Hartline, Mia WR
Keenan Burton*, StL WR
Dennis Northcutt, Det WR

Vernon Davis, SF TE
Fred Davis, Was TE

Nate Kaeding, SD K

1.01, 1.04, 1.06, 1.07, 2.01, 2.10, 4.06

Yes, obviously my team has NOTHING at RB, and thats what position I'll be drafting with 1.1 and 1.4, most likely either Spiller or Matthews at 1.1, and then either Dwyer or Best at 1.4. Another option is to try trading these picks for established RB's, but the problem there is that I don't really have any depth to pair with picks to get talent that is worth anymore than just going ahead and picking the rookie RB's. What approach does everyone here think is the best to take to get my 2010 RB's?
12 team PPR Q, R, R, W, W, W/R, W/T, TE, K - 36 player rosters
E Manning Dalton
Sproles, D Brown Mendenhall, Blount, Hillis, Gerhart, Moreno
Fitz, White, Holmes, Rice TBMW, Royal, Edwards, Bess
Pettigrew H Miller

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Rookie pick trade value.

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:43 am

ccteam wrote:Hey everyone, in one of my leagues, I currently hold the 1.01, 1.04, 1.06, 1.07, 2.01, 2.10, and 4.06 picks (12 teamer). Right now I am not super excited about sticking with the 1.6 and 1.7 picks. I am trying to decide whether to try and make a move and get 1 more pick in the top 5, or trade down and get additional picks and or talent.

There are two things to note, first being that this league is expanding rosters this year by 5 players, so having at least 5 decent rookie picks would be nice so that I'm not filling roster space off the waiver wire. Second is my roster:

Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
Dennis Dixon, Pit QB
Derek Anderson, ARI QB
Bruce Gradkowski, Oak QB

Darren Sproles, SD RB
Andre Brown, NY RB
Gartrell Johnson, NY RB
Mewelde Moore, Pit RB
Sammy Morris, NE RB
Fred Taylor, NE RB
Kory Sheets, MIA RB
Peyton Hillis, CLE RB

Vincent Jackson, SD WR
Miles Austin, Dal WR
Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR
Anthony Gonzalez*, Ind WR
Dwayne Jarrett, Car WR
Johnnie Lee Higgins, Oak WR
Greg Camarillo, Mia WR
Brian Hartline, Mia WR
Keenan Burton*, StL WR
Dennis Northcutt, Det WR

Vernon Davis, SF TE
Fred Davis, Was TE

Nate Kaeding, SD K

1.01, 1.04, 1.06, 1.07, 2.01, 2.10, 4.06

Yes, obviously my team has NOTHING at RB, and thats what position I'll be drafting with 1.1 and 1.4, most likely either Spiller or Matthews at 1.1, and then either Dwyer or Best at 1.4. Another option is to try trading these picks for established RB's, but the problem there is that I don't really have any depth to pair with picks to get talent that is worth anymore than just going ahead and picking the rookie RB's. What approach does everyone here think is the best to take to get my 2010 RB's?
the draft has 8 players with elite talent.... stay with what you have... with your RB situation id take spiller at 1.1, or whoever lands in a starting spot right away... between mathews, dwyer and spiller... then at the 1.4 id also take the best RB avalible, or if dez falls to there thats great value... then witht he 1.6 youll probably have dwyer still avalible... and demaryius thomas should be your 1.7 pick... unless you want to head with bradford... since he would be your qb2 option...

ccteam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ccteam » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:48 am

I have been thinking about picking up Bradford with the 1.7, but I've also been toying with maybe getting Tebow at 2.10 if he's still floating around there. But my thinking on doing the trade was that Spiller, Matthews, Best, and Dwyer would all be gone in the top 5, with Bryant being the other guy gone in the top 5. If Dwyer would be there at 1.6 then hell, I definitely wouldn't be looking to trade. Who else goes in the top 5 that leaves Dwyer around at 6?
12 team PPR Q, R, R, W, W, W/R, W/T, TE, K - 36 player rosters
E Manning Dalton
Sproles, D Brown Mendenhall, Blount, Hillis, Gerhart, Moreno
Fitz, White, Holmes, Rice TBMW, Royal, Edwards, Bess
Pettigrew H Miller

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:59 am

If you keep your picks, load up on RBs and draft Bradford at 1.7.

I'd be shopping all of your picks, however, and see what kind of return you can get.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:08 am

skip wrote:If you keep your picks, load up on RBs and draft Bradford at 1.7.

I'd be shopping all of your picks, however, and see what kind of return you can get.
This.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:27 am

ccteam wrote:I have been thinking about picking up Bradford with the 1.7, but I've also been toying with maybe getting Tebow at 2.10 if he's still floating around there. But my thinking on doing the trade was that Spiller, Matthews, Best, and Dwyer would all be gone in the top 5, with Bryant being the other guy gone in the top 5. If Dwyer would be there at 1.6 then hell, I definitely wouldn't be looking to trade. Who else goes in the top 5 that leaves Dwyer around at 6?
dez, spiller, matthews, best, benn/tate/bradford/thomas/gresham/

alot of people are down on dwyer due to his combine... greene fell to 1.10 in some drafts last year... the same could happen to dwyer

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:43 am

I also really like the second tier for wide out talent in this draft. Keep your picks, use the 1.1 and 1.5 on backs (assuming Byant goes in the 2-4) and then use a BPA strategy the rest of the way. Follow the talent. Don't be afraid to skip the third tier running backs for the second tier wide outs.
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham