Donovan McNabb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Donovan McNabb

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:21 pm

According to NFL.com, the Raiders are the team showing the most interest in the services of quarterback Donovan McNabb.

Our View
Unfortunately, the Raiders are one of the two teams McNabb said that he won't play for, so all of their interest could wind up being moot. He would be a huge upgrade over Bruce Gradkowski in Oakland, but this doesn't seem like it's going to happen. The Cardinals have already come out and said they aren't interested and the Rams rumors were quickly shot down, so it appears the McNabb circus will roll on into the foreseeable future.
Fanball

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Donovan McNabb

Postby Pilate » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:27 pm

Steelersfan wrote:According to NFL.com, the Raiders are the team showing the most interest in the services of quarterback Donovan McNabb.

Our View
Unfortunately, the Raiders are one of the two teams McNabb said that he won't play for, so all of their interest could wind up being moot. He would be a huge upgrade over Bruce Gradkowski in Oakland, but this doesn't seem like it's going to happen. The Cardinals have already come out and said they aren't interested and the Rams rumors were quickly shot down, so it appears the McNabb circus will roll on into the foreseeable future.
Fanball
The GM from the Rams was on Moving The Chains (Sirius Radio) and said there is ZERO truth to this rumor and the Eagles may have had offers but none of them were from the Rams.

Kolb and Avery fans got a little excited!!

----------------
Now playing: Kings Of Leon - True Love Way

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:48 pm

I heard this one and it makes the most sense to me by far out of all the McNabb rumors.

Philly swaps their 1st rd pick (24) with the 49ers first 1st rd pick (13), with the 49er's also giving up a 2010 or 2011 2nd rd pick. According to the NFL draft value chart the swap is essentially worth a 2nd rd pick.

It makes sense for both team to do it. The 49er's acquire McNabb and still get 2 1st rounders. The Eagles boost the value of their 1st rd pick and also get a 2nd in return, which is what most of the rumors have the Eagles requesting for McNabb.

The 49er's would immediately be the favorites to win the NFC west IMO.

Now if the Eagles trade away Vick then I don't think they can trade McNabb away.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:16 pm

hot nikkels wrote:I heard this one and it makes the most sense to me by far out of all the McNabb rumors.

Philly swaps their 1st rd pick (24) with the 49ers first 1st rd pick (13), with the 49er's also giving up a 2010 or 2011 2nd rd pick. According to the NFL draft value chart the swap is essentially worth a 2nd rd pick.

It makes sense for both team to do it. The 49er's acquire McNabb and still get 2 1st rounders. The Eagles boost the value of their 1st rd pick and also get a 2nd in return, which is what most of the rumors have the Eagles requesting for McNabb.

Now if the Eagles trade away Vick then I don't think they can trade McNabb away.
Source?

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:52 pm

highballers wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:I heard this one and it makes the most sense to me by far out of all the McNabb rumors.

Source?
This is the only place I have heard it and it was purely speculation on Sando's part.
The 49ers might make more sense as a potential suitor even though I've heard nothing to suggest San Francisco would make such a move. The 49ers would be more appealing to McNabb because they're closer to contending. Tom Gamble, the 49ers' pro personnel director, was with the Eagles when Philadelphia drafted McNabb. I also think McNabb's personality and leadership would give the 49ers something they cannot get from Alex Smith or David Carr. That's just me, though. I haven't heard anything suggesting the 49ers are thinking along those lines.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... out-mcnabb

----------------
Now playing: Lifehouse - All In All

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:19 am

highballers wrote:

Source?

pat kirwan ex NFL gm on his radio show talking about rumblings he heard when he was down covering the NFL owners meetings.. Personally I think it's a great move if both teams want to do it.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:24 am

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio believes the situation in Philadelphia has reached the point where Donovan McNabb "can't possibly succeed" in 2010.

Sal Pal pointed out that the Eagles made McNabb "the lamest of lame duck quarterbacks," alienated him, and "undermined his moral authority in the locker room" by not extending him beyond 2010 while entertaining trade talks. The situation appears to be beyond fixing, and McNabb's comments indicate that he's ready to move on to a new team. The 49ers may be emerging as a "darkhorse" candidate.
Rotoworld

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:54 am

Steelersfan wrote:ESPN's Sal Paolantonio believes the situation in Philadelphia has reached the point where Donovan McNabb "can't possibly succeed" in 2010.

Sal Pal pointed out that the Eagles made McNabb "the lamest of lame duck quarterbacks," alienated him, and "undermined his moral authority in the locker room" by not extending him beyond 2010 while entertaining trade talks. The situation appears to be beyond fixing, and McNabb's comments indicate that he's ready to move on to a new team. The 49ers may be emerging as a "darkhorse" candidate.
Rotoworld
makes sense. He's wants to play for winner. 49ers are pretty close, just need a QB.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:22 pm

Updating a previous item, the Associated Press reports the Eagles will only deal Donovan McNabb for a pick in the top 42 selections of the upcoming draft.

Coincidence? The Raiders and Bills, considered the early favorites to land McNabb, have the 39th and 41st picks respectively. The 49ers' second-round pick is only 49th, but they could conceivably add another player or pick to entice the Eagles. The Rams, Browns and Cardinals have denied interest, and the Vikings, Seahawks, Broncos and Jaguars are not believed to be in the mix to acquire McNabb.
Rotoworld

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:22 pm

Vikings beat writer Judd Zulgad hears from an owners meeting source that Donovan McNabb will be traded, but it won't be to Minnesota.

The Vikings are a great fit on paper because McNabb's former offensive coordinator is the head coach and his position coach at Syracuse is the quarterbacks coach. The Vikes have all of their eggs in Brett Favre's basket, though, and a McNabb trade would prevent Favre from returning. NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora reports the Bills and Raiders continue to be the two teams "most connected to" a potential McNabb trade.
Rotoworld

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:10 pm

The Vikings need to give Favre an ultimatum...if you don't give us an answer, we're trading for McNabb. You have 48 hours to comply.

His non-committal crap gets old and he'll hold an otherwise solid football team hostage. They need to know so they can properly plan their season with or without him. Just sitting back and waiting is a mistake.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Postby KU Sucks » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:45 am

I don't know, if I were McNabb I would just play out my contract for whomever, hit free agency in 2011 (assuming they play) sign with the Vikings and cash in. They should still be contending.................

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 am

skip wrote:The Vikings need to give Favre an ultimatum...if you don't give us an answer, we're trading for McNabb. You have 48 hours to comply.

His non-committal crap gets old and he'll hold an otherwise solid football team hostage. They need to know so they can properly plan their season with or without him. Just sitting back and waiting is a mistake.
I agree to a certain extent, maybe with a slightly larger time frame. The Vikes are a Super Bowl calibur team with a veteran QB like Favre or McNabb so if Favre retires after McNabb goes elsewhere they are stuck.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:34 am

Donovan McNabb's preferred destination in any trade is the Minnesota Vikings, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Our View: This creates a very interesting dilemma for the Vikings, who are currently being held hostage by Brett Favre. Of course, there is no one the Vikes would rather have under-center in 2010 than Favre, but 2010, much like 2009, would at first glance seem destined to be Favre's final season in the NFL. McNabb, on the other hand, has at least a handful of seasons left. Obviously, stay tuned.
Fanball

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:27 am

Steelersfan wrote:Donovan McNabb's preferred destination in any trade is the Minnesota Vikings, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Our View: This creates a very interesting dilemma for the Vikings, who are currently being held hostage by Brett Favre. Of course, there is no one the Vikes would rather have under-center in 2010 than Favre, but 2010, much like 2009, would at first glance seem destined to be Favre's final season in the NFL. McNabb, on the other hand, has at least a handful of seasons left. Obviously, stay tuned.
Fanball
Favre is coming back and not real sure why anyone would think other wise given how he played last season and the overall strength of the Vikings. I don't agree that Favre is holding anyone hostage here.

Now if I was Vikings vet I would be pissed that he gets preferential treatment but Favre gets what he has earned in my opinion.

----------------
Now playing: The Classic Crime - Medisin