Derek Anderson

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Derek Anderson

Postby skip » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:26 am

"KTAR Sports 620 reports that the Cardinals will sign free agent Derek Anderson on Wednesday.
If the report is legit, Matt Leinart just caught a big break. Though big-armed, Anderson is perhaps the most inaccurate passer in the league and dealt with serious confidence issues throughout his final two years in Cleveland." -- rotoworld

Leinart caught a big break? Not sure I agree with that assessment. Sure, DA isn't a great QB. But there is no question that Leinart job should be threatened by any signing. With Fitz, Breaston, and Doucet on the roster any QB coming in is going to have legit weapons he can utilize. If the report is true, I'd expect Anderson to be the favorite to win the job in camp.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:58 am

I think Leinart will beat out Anderson...

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:00 am

Steelersfan wrote:I think Leinart will beat out Anderson...
x2...Whisenhunt is going to put up with a 50% pass completion.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:20 am

At the very least, the Leinart owners should handcuff D.A. , I actually think Anderson beats him out at some point. D.A had a lousy season last year, but its not like he had a great supporting cast of receivers to help him out, his best receiver last year was a rookie in Massaquoi :shock: and now he gets Fitzgerald.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:21 am

Definately. It's a drinking contest right?
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:23 am

this at least makes Anderson an interesting roster stash in my opinion. He did record a pro bowl season with less wr talent than Arizona has. I can't really explain how he managed it, but he did. Even if Leinert beats him out, his leash will be short and given the opportunity, you never know which Anderson will show up.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:31 am

BubbaBurst wrote:
Definately. It's a drinking contest right?
Yea, that too... :lol:

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Shawn wrote:At the very least, the Leinart owners should handcuff D.A. , I actually think Anderson beats him out at some point. D.A had a lousy season last year, but its not like he had a great supporting cast of receivers to help him out, his best receiver last year was a rookie in Massaquoi :shock: and now he gets Fitzgerald.
I rarely advocate handcuffing QBs, but there are a few exceptions, such as McNabb/Kolb, and perhaps this one. Since the starter for Arizona could be a decent fantasy option and protecting a Leinart investment is probably wise. I'm not adding DA if I don't already own Leinart, though.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:34 pm

At his introductory conference call Wednesday, Derek Anderson said it is "understood" that he is arriving in Arizona as the team's No. 2 quarterback.
D.A. said it will be his job to "push Matt." Ken Whisenhunt will probably say the same thing, but Leinart will have a short leash if Anderson performs well in the preseason. Leinart remains the odds-on favorite to start Week 1.
Source: azcardinals.com
Related: Matt Leinart

It's official. He's a cardinal and now let the QB battle begin. I think he'll be doing more then pushing Leinart. More like pushing him out of the starting gig is more like it.