LJ

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

LJ

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:37 pm

The Redskins are "very much interested" in signing free agent Larry Johnson, according to NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora.

The team's brass was scheduled to pick up L.J. from the airport Thursday afternoon for a wine-and-dine session. Even with Clinton Portis cleared for football activities this week, Johnson appears to be a high priority. Though he's less of an injury risk, Johnson wouldn't offer the Redskins anything they don't already have in Portis, an aging running back with lifeless legs.
Rotoworld

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Re: LJ

Postby KU Sucks » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Steelersfan wrote:The Redskins are "very much interested" in signing free agent Larry Johnson, according to NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora.

The team's brass was scheduled to pick up L.J. from the airport Thursday afternoon for a wine-and-dine session. Even with Clinton Portis cleared for football activities this week, Johnson appears to be a high priority. Though he's less of an injury risk, Johnson wouldn't offer the Redskins anything they don't already have in Portis, an aging running back with lifeless legs.
Rotoworld
Portis is a pain in the bleep; LJ is a scumbag!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:00 pm

Redskins agreed to terms with RB Larry Johnson on a three-year contract with a max value of $12 million.

Just when you thought the Redskins would make it through the offseason without a head-scratching move. L.J., 30, managed just 3.2 yards per carry last year and has very little burst left entering his age-31 season. We're not ruling out the possibility of Johnson succeeding in Mike Shanahan's zone-blocking system (Reuben Droughns did it), but it isn't likely. He'll compete for carries with Clinton Portis, Anthony Alridge, and most likely a draft pick.
Rotoworld

:shock:

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Steelersfan wrote:Redskins agreed to terms with RB Larry Johnson on a three-year contract with a max value of $12 million.

Just when you thought the Redskins would make it through the offseason without a head-scratching move. L.J., 30, managed just 3.2 yards per carry last year and has very little burst left entering his age-31 season. We're not ruling out the possibility of Johnson succeeding in Mike Shanahan's zone-blocking system (Reuben Droughns did it), but it isn't likely. He'll compete for carries with Clinton Portis, Anthony Alridge, and most likely a draft pick.
Rotoworld

:shock:
They can run both RBs into the ground now :roll: Typical Shanahan!
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Birdie048
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Birdie048 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:10 pm

NFL Network Total Access made the statement that this was a big deal to WAS.... and that they expected LJ to be the "bellcow" sometime early this season. The $$ is more than vet min, but not clear starter $$.

I like him there over Phi. I wonder if the OL will give him any holes...

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Birdie048 wrote:NFL Network Total Access made the statement that this was a big deal to WAS.... and that they expected LJ to be the "bellcow" sometime early this season. The $$ is more than vet min, but not clear starter $$.

I like him there over Phi. I wonder if the OL will give him any holes...
Portis and LJ have no juice left and they won't have any holes to run through.