Seattle Going After McNabb or Kolb (Rumor)

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Seattle Going After McNabb or Kolb (Rumor)

Postby Pilate » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:59 am

Yesterday, we considered whether or not this would be Donovan McNabb's final year in Philly, but during an appearance on 97.5 FM in Philadelphia, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio updated the situation regarding the Philadelphia Eagles' top two QBs, and it's a doozy: The Seattle Seahawks have been calling the Eagles "non-stop" about McNabb and Kevin Kolb.

Paolantonio added that Seahawks coach Pete Carroll is in win-now mode, and apparently this means he doesn't think Matt Hasselbeck is part of that mandate.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features ... 00310#4120

Gotta be an NFL Insider Subscriber to access the link.

----------------
Now playing: John Mayer - Half Of My Heart

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:17 am

That Marshawn Lynch rumor caught my attention...not enough to get me to pay them...but still they are good at making you want to know more :lol:

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:23 am

Orca wrote:That Marshawn Lynch rumor caught my attention...not enough to get me to pay them...but still they are good at making you want to know more :lol:
I subscribe to ESPN The Magazine and they include the Insider subscription free. I wouldn't pay for it otherwise but they have some decent stuff. Sal Paolantonio seems pretty solid on Eagles info so this caught my eye. In the same interview, Sal also said that the Eagles are getting zero interest in Mike Vick.

----------------
Now playing: 30 Seconds To Mars - Search And Destroy

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:38 am

Pilate wrote:
Orca wrote:That Marshawn Lynch rumor caught my attention...not enough to get me to pay them...but still they are good at making you want to know more :lol:
I subscribe to ESPN The Magazine and they include the Insider subscription free. I wouldn't pay for it otherwise but they have some decent stuff. Sal Paolantonio seems pretty solid on Eagles info so this caught my eye. In the same interview, Sal also said that the Eagles are getting zero interest in Mike Vick.

----------------
I'm really not that surprised on the Vick news. I was wondering why they thought teams would be knocking down their door. I personally never thought he was a true franchise QB before character issues came into play. And this isn't coming from the dog loving side of me, I was an advocate for allowing him to get back into the league. However, if I were a general manager I wouldn't have touched him.

I think the Eagles brought him in thinking that he would represent some easy draft picks when they traded him away the following year. That was part of the pay off for being the franchise that gave him a second chance. It seemed like a fairly smart play at the time. Unfortunately (or fortunately if you hate the eagles :D) , it looks like the rest of the league may not fulfill their end of the "deal."

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:31 pm

Orca wrote:
Pilate wrote:

----------------
I'm really not that surprised on the Vick news. I was wondering why they thought teams would be knocking down their door. I personally never thought he was a true franchise QB before character issues came into play. And this isn't coming from the dog loving side of me, I was an advocate for allowing him to get back into the league. However, if I were a general manager I wouldn't have touched him.

I think the Eagles brought him in thinking that he would represent some easy draft picks when they traded him away the following year. That was part of the pay off for being the franchise that gave him a second chance. It seemed like a fairly smart play at the time. Unfortunately (or fortunately if you hate the eagles :D) , it looks like the rest of the league may not fulfill their end of the "deal."
I'm still holding out hope that the Rams will do a draft-day trade to land Vick. That would help Seattle's chances at landing a top-2 QB and make our defense only have to defend the run. :twisted: :lol:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:49 am

Pilate wrote:I subscribe to ESPN The Magazine and they include the Insider subscription free. I wouldn't pay for it otherwise but they have some decent stuff. Sal Paolantonio seems pretty solid on Eagles info so this caught my eye. In the same interview, Sal also said that the Eagles are getting zero interest in Mike Vick.

Wait, what? I subscribe to ESPN the mag. How do you get the Insider sub 4 free?

BTW your new avatar is freaking me out

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:17 am

rkrazy wrote:BTW your new avatar is freaking me out
+1 Get rid of it.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:54 am

skip wrote:
+1 Get rid of it.
Haha no.. its great! Don Vito! :D keep it!!!:)
Last edited by BradyT on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:18 am

BradyT wrote:
skip wrote:
+1 Get rid of it.
Haha no.. ist great! Don Vito! :D keep it!!!:)
Nate...there is nothing I enjoy more than making people uncomfortable so I say keep it eventhough it freaks me out :lol:

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:42 am

rkrazy wrote:
Pilate wrote:I subscribe to ESPN The Magazine and they include the Insider subscription free. I wouldn't pay for it otherwise but they have some decent stuff. Sal Paolantonio seems pretty solid on Eagles info so this caught my eye. In the same interview, Sal also said that the Eagles are getting zero interest in Mike Vick.

I think if you go to ESPN The Magazine's website, their is a link to activate you Insider subscription. You will need to have a mag in front of you since they will ask for some numbers off it. Or you can call the Insider's customer service number and they will do it for you.

Glad everyone likes my new avatar...even though I used it on this site a couple years ago. :twisted:

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:49 am

Pilate wrote:
rkrazy wrote:

I think if you go to ESPN The Magazine's website, their is a link to activate you Insider subscription. You will need to have a mag in front of you since they will ask for some numbers off it. Or you can call the Insider's customer service number and they will do it for you.

Glad everyone likes my new avatar...even though I used it on this site a couple years ago. :twisted:
It will take some time to adjust to this new avatar...a long time

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:56 am

Pilate wrote:
rkrazy wrote:

Got a couple more...

Image :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:19 am

Comcast Sports Net Philadelphia reports the Seahawks are interested only in Kevin Kolb, not Donovan McNabb.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio had reported the Seahawks were calling "non-stop" on the Philly quarterbacks, though it appears they're only interested in the younger of the two. The Eagles, who still see Kolb as their future, would reportedly require two first-round picks in exchange for him. Seattle does have an extra first-round pick this season, but it's hard to picture them parting with both picks. The Eagles' asking price for McNabb is said to be a first-round pick "plus something else."
Rotoworld

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:09 am

Steelersfan wrote:Comcast Sports Net Philadelphia reports the Seahawks are interested only in Kevin Kolb, not Donovan McNabb.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio had reported the Seahawks were calling "non-stop" on the Philly quarterbacks, though it appears they're only interested in the younger of the two. The Eagles, who still see Kolb as their future, would reportedly require two first-round picks in exchange for him. Seattle does have an extra first-round pick this season, but it's hard to picture them parting with both picks. The Eagles' asking price for McNabb is said to be a first-round pick "plus something else."
Rotoworld
They really have no choice but to ask for that much for Kolb. They used a 2nd rounder on him years ago. Dealing him for anything less than a 1st would mean they wasted 4 years. Meanwhile, McNabb is the starter who's held him off all these years. How can they deal him for less than what it would take to get Kolb? They are going to end up with all three guys on their roster next year.
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:00 am

BubbaBurst wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:Comcast Sports Net Philadelphia reports the Seahawks are interested only in Kevin Kolb, not Donovan McNabb.

Rotoworld
They really have no choice but to ask for that much for Kolb. They used a 2nd rounder on him years ago. Dealing him for anything less than a 1st would mean they wasted 4 years. Meanwhile, McNabb is the starter who's held him off all these years. How can they deal him for less than what it would take to get Kolb? They are going to end up with all three guys on their roster next year.
Matt Cassel went for linebacker Mike Vrabel and a 2nd round pick.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars