Next step for my LB core?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Next step for my LB core?

Postby lawilt » Wed May 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Looking for some opinions on what my next move should be...I need to consolidate some of my LB's but who would you look to trade and who would you target?

Bucannon
Hicks
Hightower
Hitchens
Jack
Kirksley
McKinney
Ryan (GB)
Smith (DAL)
Williamson(TEN)

growskey23
Captain
Captain

Re: Next step for my LB core?

Postby growskey23 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:23 pm

My 3 favorite from your team are Bucannon, Hicks, and Jack. I might try to pair Hightower and McKinney and get a strong LB2 like Sean Lee (if you don't mind some injury risk with high upside), Kwon Alexander, Ryan Shazier, either Kendricks or Stephone Anthony. What I would do in your position is try to get a true LB1, a top tier guy and for me, I think the least difficult to acquire would be NaVorro Bowman. I'd seek out his owner and see if you can get a deal done.

lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lawilt » Wed May 25, 2016 5:34 pm

Got shut down by the Bowman owner. As well as E. Kendricks, Antony.

Tried to get Levy for Kirksley and McKinney but he'd rather get Smith or Jack

growskey23
Captain
Captain

Postby growskey23 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:54 pm

lawilt wrote:Got shut down by the Bowman owner. As well as E. Kendricks, Antony.

Tried to get Levy for Kirksley and McKinney but he'd rather get Smith or Jack
Of course he would, but you've got some LB1 seeds that are going to bear fruit for a long time (if healthy). Man, Jamie Collins owner? Or Alec Ogletree? You may have to part with 1 of your 3, but Collins is definitely a top tier LB for me, and Ogletree isn't that far behind. If not, I think you could piece together a productive LB core for this year and revisit it in season.

Thefrenchguy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Thefrenchguy » Thu May 26, 2016 5:31 am

Your best LB for me
Hicks, Jack, Bucannon and williamson

Nobody will give you a top LB for two good (FA is here for that) but maybe you can try to trade for a LB with big upside like K.alexander or Denzel perryman?
10 team PPR dynasty - TD(6) Sack(7) Tackles(1,5) assist(0,80) - 2QB 2WR 2RB 2TE 1FLEX 3DL 3LB 3DB (40 roster spots)

QB: T.taylor, R.fitpatrick, RG3, J.cutler, N.foles, L.jones
WR: AJG, R.cobb, K.white, J.gordon, M.bryant, L.treadwell, S.shepard
RB: D.martin, A.abdullah, R.mathews, E.elliott, D.henry, CJ.prosise, K.robinson, CJ.spider, J.white, T.richardson, C.michael
TE: T.eifert, L.green, J.thomas, D.allen
DL: R.ayers, M.edwards, D.taylor, R.gregory, C.liuget, J.hughes, P.smith(WAS), J.smith, M.addison
LB: K.alonso, M.smith, A.ogletree, D.bucannon, M.jack
DB: K.chancellor, G.iloka

Team in rebuilt!

lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lawilt » Thu May 26, 2016 7:21 am

It's 16 teams start 4 LB with pretty 43 man rosters so the waivers are pretty weak after a few weeks into the season.

I'll take a shoot at Kwon and Lee...see how that goes. Love Collins. If I can deal Hightower(who I'm much higher on then most) then he'd be my top target.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Thu May 26, 2016 9:00 am

I'd be keeping McKinney. I would not try to consolidate in those league settings. Depth is key in that format. Of course, you also have replacement level guys in Hitchens and Kirksey, so.....
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:40 am

In terms of who you should target, I would heavily target both Denzel Perryman and Josh Perry from the Chargers. They are the future at ILB in San Diego. Also, you shouldn't trade Smith or Hitchens. They are the future in Dallas, I love that you own both in such a deep league. Target Blake Martinez in GB, maybe?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lawilt » Thu May 26, 2016 10:00 am

lukkynumber13 wrote:In terms of who you should target, I would heavily target both Denzel Perryman and Josh Perry from the Chargers. They are the future at ILB in San Diego. Also, you shouldn't trade Smith or Hitchens. They are the future in Dallas, I love that you own both in such a deep league. Target Blake Martinez in GB, maybe?
I have Perry and Morrison(IND) on my taxi squad. Wasn't expecting anyone to mention them so just left them off but I like both as future starters.

lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lawilt » Thu May 26, 2016 10:02 am

Bruiser wrote:I'd be keeping McKinney. I would not try to consolidate in those league settings. Depth is key in that format. Of course, you also have replacement level guys in Hitchens and Kirksey, so.....
Just worried McKinney won't be anything other then a 2 down guy. But I also will need to cut 7-9 guys before the season starts to make the roster limit so I'd prefer to consolidate then just have to drop guys if I can get a player I like.

Arkived
Starter
Starter

Postby Arkived » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:30 am

lawilt wrote:
Bruiser wrote:I'd be keeping McKinney. I would not try to consolidate in those league settings. Depth is key in that format. Of course, you also have replacement level guys in Hitchens and Kirksey, so.....
Just worried McKinney won't be anything other then a 2 down guy. But I also will need to cut 7-9 guys before the season starts to make the roster limit so I'd prefer to consolidate then just have to drop guys if I can get a player I like.

I would agree with you that that's all McKinney is going to be. That's also why I don't own any shares of Ragland. Nothing against their talent, but I want the LBs that are going to be playing every down.

I would be looking at Jaime Collins and Alec Ogletree. Ogletree is going to be a complete stud and Collins is pretty much there all ready. Ogletree was hurt last year, so his value may be a bit low in terms of cost to acquire.
Hitting the Wrong Hole - 8 team 1 pt PPR, .25 per carry Dynasty league (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 PK, 3 DL, 3 LB, 1 DL/LB, 4 DB)
QB - Brady, Bortles, Dalton
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Jeremy Hill, Melvin Gordon, Matt Jones, Mark Ingram, Danny Woodhead, Thomas Rawls, Derrick Henry, C.J. Prosise, Paul Perkins, DeAndre Washington, Adrian Peterson
WR: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, Jarvis Landry, Amari Cooper, Davante Parker, Laquon Treadwell
TE: Rob Gronkowski,Travis Kelce
DL: Carlos Dunlap, Jason Pierre-Paul, Everson Griffen, Ziggy Ansah, Danielle Hunter, Khalil Mack, Jabaal Sheard, Frank Clark
LB: Lavonte David, Alec Ogletree, Vontaze Burfict, NaVarro Bowman, Telvin Smith, Jamie Collins, Myles Jack, Jatavis Brown, Zach Orr, Devondre Campbell
DB: Morgan Burnett, Harrison Smith, Jonathan Cyprien, Reshad Jones, Kenny Vaccaro, Clayton Geathers, Karl Joseph
Taxi: Paxton Lynch

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:17 pm

Depth is important here but he has quite a bit of that and even with 48 starters across the league there are plenty of depth options available probably early in the year anyway to refill. Might as well pick up some truly top tier guys you can depend on
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan