LT Released

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:50 pm

BradyT wrote:
skip wrote:Already hearing rumors of DeWill going to the Chargers...
Source? :)
That came from a friend a short while ago and I am trying to get that from him. When I get something concrete, I will post it. tbh, I have a hard time seeing Carolina trade him. If they do, he'll command a pretty hefty price.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:56 pm

skip wrote:
BradyT wrote:
That came from a friend a short while ago and I am trying to get that from him. When I get something concrete, I will post it. tbh, I have a hard time seeing Carolina trade him. If they do, he'll command a pretty hefty price.
The presense of Jonathan Stewart might make it possible. I dont think SD wants to part ways with him.. but what about Vincent Jackson.. that would be huge for CAR, Steve Smith and the whole offense. BUt again.. I think there´s no way SD parts ways with him!
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:57 pm

skip wrote:
BradyT wrote:
That would be an excellent replacement if the Chargers could pull that off. It is still too early to tell, but it will be fun to see who ends up as SD's RB.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:08 pm

BradyT wrote:The presense of Jonathan Stewart might make it possible. I dont think SD wants to part ways with him.. but what about Vincent Jackson.. that would be huge for CAR, Steve Smith and the whole offense. BUt again.. I think there´s no way SD parts ways with him!
Except that this is NFL football, not fantasy football. The Chargers aren't going to leave themselves without anyone at WR. They would be better served to find RBs via free agency than make a move like that.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:15 pm

skip wrote:
BradyT wrote:The presense of Jonathan Stewart might make it possible. I dont think SD wants to part ways with him.. but what about Vincent Jackson.. that would be huge for CAR, Steve Smith and the whole offense. BUt again.. I think there´s no way SD parts ways with him!
Except that this is NFL football, not fantasy football. The Chargers aren't going to leave themselves without anyone at WR. They would be better served to find RBs via free agency than make a move like that.

I think they'll just draft a RB in round 1 or 2, they like to build through the draft and save money this way. The Chargers really don't have too many needs to fill, so they could prioritize drafting a RB even in round 1. San Diego doesn't have too many weaknesses, their biggest problem unfortunately is that they have a knack for choking in the playoffs. On a completely unrelated note, they've had Norv Turner and Martyball as their last 2 head coaches :lol: :lol:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:18 pm

Geez, DeAngelo to the Chargers would be a dream scenario. Would get to have DeAngelo as the man in San Diego and Stewart as the main man in Carolina.....I could only hope.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:30 pm

Steelersfan wrote:I'm thinking they may take a look at trade possibilities for Lynch but they will more than likely draft Lt's replacement. As for LT, where will he land? Detroit?
How about the Vikings. They let Taylor go and sign LT as more of a 3rd down back. Ah, just last season LT still thought he was the best back in the league over AP. Think he would sign with the Vikes if they came calling?

Others teams I've read that could show interest:

Texans and Patriots

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:56 pm

"In addition to the Julius Peppers saga, that's the top offseason question they must address, according to Bill Barnwell of the Football Outsiders. Barnwell thinks they might move DeAngelo Williams to the San Diego Chargers in exchange for the Chargers' top pick (No. 28 overall). In the same vein, it's possible the Panthers might give the Houston Texans a call, since they need a top RB, and could return a slightly higher pick (either No. 19 or 20, depending on a coin flip)."

Looks like from Football Outsiders?

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:58 pm

The Houston Chronicle reports that the Texans have no interest in free agent LaDainian Tomlinson.

Texans owner Bob McNair made it clear in a press conference last week that the team is only interested in veteran running backs that are "on their way up." LT is not. Tomlinson also told SI's Jim Trotter Monday that he's not likely to sign with the Saints because "their backfield looks set." In other words, Tomlinson is planning for a big role with his next team. Good luck.
Rotoworld

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:59 pm

skip wrote:"In addition to the Julius Peppers saga, that's the top offseason question they must address, according to Bill Barnwell of the Football Outsiders. Barnwell thinks they might move DeAngelo Williams to the San Diego Chargers in exchange for the Chargers' top pick (No. 28 overall). In the same vein, it's possible the Panthers might give the Houston Texans a call, since they need a top RB, and could return a slightly higher pick (either No. 19 or 20, depending on a coin flip)."

Looks like from Football Outsiders?
That would just absolutely destroy any chance of Foster making it to fantasy relevance. :cry:

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:23 pm

BradyT wrote:
Yeah...very interested.

Prescott25
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Prescott25 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:36 pm

Apparently SD offered Cromartie to Dallas for Choice and Dallas turned it down. I'll add that link when I get a chance

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:27 am

Drew Brees said via his Twitter page that he would love to get LaDainian Tomlinson in New Orleans.

Brees and LT were both part of San Diego's 2001 draft class and remain friends. "Crazier things have happened," wrote Brees. We don't see it happening. Tomlinson would clearly play behind Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush is expected to return. Even if the Saints let Mike Bell go, LT would only be looking at a handful of carries a game.
Rotoworld

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:32 am

Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean does not believe that the Chargers would propose cornerback Antonio Cromartie in exchange for running back LenDale White.

Our View: White should be pleased by that scenario though, as he took a back seat to rising star Chris Johnson with Tennessee in 2009, and the starting gig at running back will be wide open in San Diego next season.
Fanball

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:50 am

So many rumors....so little time!!! :D :lol:

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges