Brandon Jacobs

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Brandon Jacobs

Postby Risky bidness » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:42 pm

From rotoworld:

Brandon Jacobs revealed Friday that he injured his knee in the Giants' 2009 opener and played through it for the entire year.
He had the knee scoped last month. This likely explains the 27-year-old's severe decline in production, and perhaps his surprisingly low usage after GM Jerry Reese promised last offseason that Jacobs would be the team's clear featured back. Consider Jacobs a decent buy-low in keeper leagues. Feb. 5 - 2:27 pm et

the injury was a torn miniscus. Anyone know if that's a big injury to overcome? If not I'd agree he'll be a nice buy low candidate.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:14 pm

Torn meniscus is nothing big at all. The knee will be fine, but he is declining anyways. I would get rid of him asap.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Brandon Jacobs

Postby thewhyterabbit » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:56 pm

hot nikkels wrote:From rotoworld:

Brandon Jacobs revealed Friday that he injured his knee in the Giants' 2009 opener and played through it for the entire year.
He had the knee scoped last month. This likely explains the 27-year-old's severe decline in production, and perhaps his surprisingly low usage after GM Jerry Reese promised last offseason that Jacobs would be the team's clear featured back. Consider Jacobs a decent buy-low in keeper leagues. Feb. 5 - 2:27 pm et

the injury was a torn miniscus. Anyone know if that's a big injury to overcome? If not I'd agree he'll be a nice buy low candidate.
it has lingering affects... the knee gets very stiff.. it also makes the knee very week when trying to gain power... but you can still play with it, i say it makes you 80%... but if youre a power back like jacobs.. its a big deal. iv never really like jacobs anyways... so yea

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Brandon Jacobs

Postby hosler427 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:51 am

thewhyterabbit wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:From rotoworld:

it has lingering affects... the knee gets very stiff.. it also makes the knee very week when trying to gain power... but you can still play with it, i say it makes you 80%... but if youre a power back like jacobs.. its a big deal. iv never really like jacobs anyways... so yea
Spencer is right about this. If you watched Jacobs this season, he didn't have that finishing speed and drive after contact that he had the previous seasons. He is not on his way out...I would buy low.