Mock Draft 2.0 Sign-up and Discussion

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:06 am

At that point when I saw Kindle was available, he was the only guy I had my sights on. I see him as the 2nd best LB behind McClain. With 3 seconds I have plenty of time to fill the other spots.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:33 pm

rkrazy wrote:
grimace wrote:With the 22nd pic the New England Patriots select Sergio Kindle

The heart of the Pats Def is their Linebackers, and that heart is old. Here they get a young talented playmaker to fill one of their biggest needs. This was the only guy I was thinking here.
Great pick for the Pats. What other players did you consider? Curious to see what you thought about Hughes and Dunlap compared to Kindle.
Kindle is a beast....I think he is the best OLB going into the combine. Also, I think if Gresham lasts that long, the Patriots will take him at TE.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:57 am

Demaryius Thomas is a great pick for the Ravens. Like I said in the last mock...I think he has the most upside of any WR in this draft.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:56 am

hosler427 wrote:Demaryius Thomas is a great pick for the Ravens. Like I said in the last mock...I think he has the most upside of any WR in this draft.
I liked the Thomas pick, too, but I think there will be comparable receivers available later in the draft. If WR wan't arguably the #1 need for the Ravens, I think they would have waited. Nice pick.

Also, I like the Mays pick to Arizona. Dansby may be gone at LB and Rolle is questionable to return, too. Mays is a good fit for them. And the Seahawks can burn Mays in coverage for years to come! :lol:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Nice pick for the Vikes, I realy like Williams. He could make an immediate impact as a 3rd down refresher for the older Williamses on that already stout D-line.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:04 pm

bigcsr67 wrote:Nice pick for the Vikes, I realy like Williams. He could make an immediate impact as a 3rd down refresher for the older Williamses on that already stout D-line.
Great pick Vikes! The Williams Wall lives on.

Mock 2.0 is definitely shaping into a more realistic scenario.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:19 pm

Misfit74 wrote:Also, I like the Mays pick to Arizona. Dansby may be gone at LB and Rolle is questionable to return, too. Mays is a good fit for them. And the Seahawks can burn Mays in coverage for years to come! :lol:
I respectfully disagree. Not about Mays being burned in coverage! I think Rolle will be back but in case he doesn't return Wilson and Rashad Johnson will man the safety spots. This pick should be LB, either rush LB or Mike, especially if Dansby leaves.

No Warner, Berry, Dansby (unless tagged), maybe Rolle and possibly Boldin too! The Cards won't recover from all these loses. Looks like this division belongs to the 49ers and Seahawks again. I know Misfits likes to hear that

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:25 pm

rkrazy wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:Also, I like the Mays pick to Arizona. Dansby may be gone at LB and Rolle is questionable to return, too. Mays is a good fit for them. And the Seahawks can burn Mays in coverage for years to come! :lol:
I respectfully disagree. Not about Mays being burned in coverage! I think Rolle will be back but in case he doesn't return Wilson and Rashad Johnson will man the safety spots. This pick should be LB, either rush LB or Mike, especially if Dansby leaves.

No Warner, Berry, Dansby (unless tagged), maybe Rolle and possibly Boldin too! The Cards won't recover from all these loses. Looks like this division belongs to the 49ers and Seahawks again. I know Misfits likes to hear that

The cards need an OLB as their #1 priority. Berry retired and they looked awfully weak down the stretch. Then inside linebacker or CB.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:46 pm

hot nikkels wrote:
rkrazy wrote:

The cards need an OLB as their #1 priority. Berry retired and they looked awfully weak down the stretch. Then inside linebacker or CB.

In this mock as the Cards, we were very surprised Mays was still available and we took him as easily our best player available, plus Mays could end up as a linebacker anyway, point being that they'll have no problem finding a spot for him somewhere as an impact player on their defense. QB is also a need, but at this point we'd be reaching on a QB and other defensive positions are being addressed through Free Agency and later in this draft. The Cards will probably need to take a year to rebuild the team a bit before making it back to the playoffs, mainly due to losing Warner and not having an quality NFL Qb on the roster.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:04 am

Shawn wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:
rkrazy wrote: I respectfully disagree. Not about Mays being burned in coverage! I think Rolle will be back but in case he doesn't return Wilson and Rashad Johnson will man the safety spots. This pick should be LB, either rush LB or Mike, especially if Dansby leaves.

In this mock as the Cards, we were very surprised Mays was still available and we took him as easily our best player available, plus Mays could end up as a linebacker anyway, point being that they'll have no problem finding a spot for him somewhere as an impact player on their defense. QB is also a need, but at this point we'd be reaching on a QB and other defensive positions are being addressed through Free Agency and later in this draft. The Cards will probably need to take a year to rebuild the team a bit before making it back to the playoffs, mainly due to losing Warner and not having an quality NFL Qb on the roster.
I suppose we should wait to see if there is a cba in a few weeks. If not then free agency is going to be awful. Basically no good players would be free because they could be tagged or a RFA. Maybe the cards take mays and let him get vitimized in coverage for a year or 2, but they need to upgrade their front 7 on D first IMO. Hell, they gave up 90 pts in their last 2 games. Like I mentioned before, Berry retired and dansby could be gone. You never know, but I venture to say they opt for olb or lb with their first pick.

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:50 am

I was under the impression that Dansby was an UFA regardless of the CBA. I believe he made a deal last year when he was franchised that he would be unrestricted. Not sure if this is really true or not, but its what i recall, and i believe its why there is so much speculation as to where he will go as he and peppers seem to be the only guys in this situation (stud with completely unrestricted free agency in an uncapped year = big pay day).
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:02 am

hot nikkels wrote:
Shawn wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:

I suppose we should wait to see if there is a cba in a few weeks. If not then free agency is going to be awful. Basically no good players would be free because they could be tagged or a RFA. Maybe the cards take mays and let him get vitimized in coverage for a year or 2, but they need to upgrade their front 7 on D first IMO. Hell, they gave up 90 pts in their last 2 games. Like I mentioned before, Berry retired and dansby could be gone. You never know, but I venture to say they opt for olb or lb with their first pick.
The thinking here for the Cards is that Mays could end up as a linebacker anyway, so this could fill one of the needs listed. Its not uncommon for College safeties to make the transition to Linebacker, I think Mays definitely has the skills to do it. Some of the other Defensive prospects in the draft here would've been a bit of a reach for the Cards at the end of round 1 and more like round 2 material.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:42 am

BubbaBurst wrote:I was under the impression that Dansby was an UFA regardless of the CBA. I believe he made a deal last year when he was franchised that he would be unrestricted. Not sure if this is really true or not, but its what i recall, and i believe its why there is so much speculation as to where he will go as he and peppers seem to be the only guys in this situation (stud with completely unrestricted free agency in an uncapped year = big pay day).
Under the CBA, if they use their franchise tag on him again, they have to pay him the average of the top 5 players in the entire league as it's their 3rd year using that tag on him. That equates to just under $17 million for next season. Not gonna happen...therefore he will become an UFA as he has completed 6 years of service. Remember, anyone with under that is simply an RFA (including those with 4 that previously would have been UFAs).

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:04 am

Love the Benn pick Steve.

Tebow's pick is interesting at the top of the round. Normally I would say too high, but skip makes a very good argument for the Rams. Although we could say McCoy has those intagibles and similar success level at UT. Did you consider McCoy skip?

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:56 am

rkrazy wrote:Love the Benn pick Steve.

Tebow's pick is interesting at the top of the round. Normally I would say too high, but skip makes a very good argument for the Rams. Although we could say McCoy has those intagibles and similar success level at UT. Did you consider McCoy skip?
If he was there I would have taken Benn for the Chiefs.