If the superbowl was on a Saturday!?!?

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

If the superbowl was on a Saturday!?!?

Postby Risky bidness » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:27 am

If the superbowl was on Saturday it would rival new years as the biggest holiday. It would probably take 2 days to feel normal after my sailing expedition with the captain!!!

Probably won't ever happen because of the money made, but that would be legit. More people are in front of the tv on a Sunday as opposed to a sat evening, but the superbowl IMO would be in consideration as a national holiday.

Any one else agree?

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: If the superbowl was on a Saturday!?!?

Postby Shawn » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:40 am

hot nikkels wrote:If the superbowl was on Saturday it would rival new years as the biggest holiday. It would probably take 2 days to feel normal after my sailing expedition with the captain!!!

Probably won't ever happen because of the money made, but that would be legit. More people are in front of the tv on a Sunday as opposed to a sat evening, but the superbowl IMO would be in consideration as a national holiday.

Any one else agree?

I've always wanted this to happen, things aren't quite as fun when you have to get up for work/school the next day. If your team wins the Superbowl, don't you just want to stay up all night partying, and not have to worry about getting up the next day? Think of how much bigger of a party that College Football games can be simply because they are played on Saturdays, they should try the SuperBowl on a Saturday at least once to see how it works out I think.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince