Brandon Marshall

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:06 am

The Seahawks are still the team showing the most interest in restricted free agent Brandon Marshall.

According to NFL.com's Jason La Canfora "talks are expected to heat up...this week" between the Seahawks and Broncos. Denver may ultimately be forced to settle with the Seahawks' second-round draft choice (No. 60 overall). Pete Carroll's team is not willing to part with either if its first-rounders.
Rotoworld

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:10 am

I liked the report of Mrshal being traded to the Redskins. Now THAT would be a nice place for him to go!

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:20 pm

From Rotoworld-

Restricted free agent Brandon Marshall signed his $2.512 million tender Tuesday "to facilitate trade talks between the Broncos and other teams."

Mission accomplished for coach Josh McDaniels, who spoke to Marshall via telephone earlier in the day. The Broncos are unwilling to commit big money to Marshall long term, and they don't want to deal with a malcontent throughout the 2010 season. Trade talks are expected to heat up this week, with Seattle as the most ardent suitor. The Dolphins could be a darkhorse candidate.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:08 pm

jdbigsky wrote:From Rotoworld-

Restricted free agent Brandon Marshall signed his $2.512 million tender Tuesday "to facilitate trade talks between the Broncos and other teams."

Mission accomplished for coach Josh McDaniels, who spoke to Marshall via telephone earlier in the day. The Broncos are unwilling to commit big money to Marshall long term, and they don't want to deal with a malcontent throughout the 2010 season. Trade talks are expected to heat up this week, with Seattle as the most ardent suitor. The Dolphins could be a darkhorse candidate.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
the seahawks have been bringing in WRs to work out recently, even ex trojan mike Williams. I wonder if the Marshall signed his tender because he was worried that the Hawks might go another direction.

Warhawks
Starter
Starter

Postby Warhawks » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:36 am

Brandon Marshall has been traded to the Dolphins

gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gratefulydead3 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:49 am

Sweetness34 wrote:Brandon Marshall has been traded to the Dolphins
you beat me to it :x

I love the move as a royal owner. Henne gets a solid WR1 who he can continue to develop with, but I don't see Marshall maintaining his stat line from last year with an already established running game

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:20 am

Reception total probably suffers, but you gotta like this move more than if he went to Seattle. At least Parcels has the experience with suspect players. Seattle could have been disasterous.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:06 am

I think it looks good for everyone involved. The Broncos got a very solid haul. Henne gets a top taget. There running gam einvolves a 32 (?) yr old Ricky Williams and an injured Ronnie Brown. Not sure its all that spectacular. There are not a lot of options to steal targets from Marshall and we know he loves to rack up catches. Most interesting thing to me as a jets fan is going to be seeing Revis get Marshall for two games a year for a long time.
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:07 am

I'm not sure i like this move as a Marshall owner, but it is a LOT better than if he went to Seattle! I was really hoping it was going to be the Redskins!!! :wink:

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:46 am

yumbo wrote:I'm not sure i like this move as a Marshall owner, but it is a LOT better than if he went to Seattle! I was really hoping it was going to be the Redskins!!! :wink:
I don't think there was any chance he would go to the Redskins. There were really only a couple of destinations that made sense this off-season. The first was the Ravens, but they filled that void with Boldin. The second was the Dolphins. Seattle maybe was in the picture, but I think the writing was on the wall that he was going to Miami.

The Dolphins can now move on from a completely wasted pick on Ginn and start Marshall and Bess. They could have ill-afforded to draft Bryant and have him end up being just as much of a debacle as Ginn.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:13 am

skip wrote:
yumbo wrote:I'm not sure i like this move as a Marshall owner, but it is a LOT better than if he went to Seattle! I was really hoping it was going to be the Redskins!!! :wink:
I don't think there was any chance he would go to the Redskins. There were really only a couple of destinations that made sense this off-season. The first was the Ravens, but they filled that void with Boldin. The second was the Dolphins. Seattle maybe was in the picture, but I think the writing was on the wall that he was going to Miami.

The Dolphins can now move on from a completely wasted pick on Ginn and start Marshall and Bess. They could have ill-afforded to draft Bryant and have him end up being just as much of a debacle as Ginn.

Yeah Skip, I agree with you on that. My guess is Bryant will end up in Denver!

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:40 am

BubbaBurst wrote:I think it looks good for everyone involved. The Broncos got a very solid haul. Henne gets a top taget. There running gam einvolves a 32 (?) yr old Ricky Williams and an injured Ronnie Brown. Not sure its all that spectacular. There are not a lot of options to steal targets from Marshall and we know he loves to rack up catches. Most interesting thing to me as a jets fan is going to be seeing Revis get Marshall for two games a year for a long time.
the running game gets a boost for sure. Before Ronnie got hurt he was a top 3 back last year. With Marshall, and of course brown staying healthy he should blow up.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:11 am

Dolphins agreed to terms with WR Brandon Marshall on a four-year, $47.5 million extension, including $25 million guaranteed.

Marshall signed his $2.5M, one-year tender on Tuesday, so it's essentially a five-year, $50M deal. With $29M in the first three years, he's now the highest paid receiver in NFL history. In dire need of a No. 1 wideout, the Fins are taking a big gamble on a player that's one off-field misstep away from a lengthy suspension. Marshall will be a difference maker on Sundays, but a contract like this for such a knuckleheaded player isn't Bill Parcells' style.
Rotoworld

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:40 am

Steelersfan wrote:Dolphins agreed to terms with WR Brandon Marshall on a four-year, $47.5 million extension, including $25 million guaranteed.

Marshall signed his $2.5M, one-year tender on Tuesday, so it's essentially a five-year, $50M deal. With $29M in the first three years, he's now the highest paid receiver in NFL history. In dire need of a No. 1 wideout, the Fins are taking a big gamble on a player that's one off-field misstep away from a lengthy suspension. Marshall will be a difference maker on Sundays, but a contract like this for such a knuckleheaded player isn't Bill Parcells' style.
Rotoworld
That licks my sack. :evil:

Ahem. I mean this is disappointing. I wanted him in Seattle. The price in picks was high given Holmes and Boldin trades of late, but I think two seconds is reasonable. Maybe the offers were comparable. I know if I was Marshall and looking out for my career, I'd rather go live in sunny Miami and catch passes from an up and coming strong-armed QB like Henne who is already established with his team. If the money was right in Miami (I know it would have been in Seattle), and he had a choice, I can see it going down that way. I'm a bit relieved that Seattle did not cave in to Denver and give up a first-round pick. That said, it's hard not to think that Marshall wouldn't be worth the 14th pick in the draft. :(

Chief McDaniels continues the deconstruction of his team in a way that as a fan, would be hard to take. First Cutler, now Marshall. Gotta feel for those Denver fans. It will be interesting to see if Denver goes after Bryant, Thomas, or another big WR in the draft. Who is going to catch passes in Denver, again? Royal and super-scrubs? Give Moreno the rock...
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:52 am

Misfit74 wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:Dolphins agreed to terms with WR Brandon Marshall on a four-year, $47.5 million extension, including $25 million guaranteed.

Rotoworld
That licks my sack. :evil:

Ahem. I mean this is disappointing. I wanted him in Seattle. The price in picks was high given Holmes and Boldin trades of late, but I think two seconds is reasonable. Maybe the offers were comparable. I know if I was Marshall and looking out for my career, I'd rather go live in sunny Miami and catch passes from an up and coming strong-armed QB like Henne who is already established with his team. If the money was right in Miami (I know it would have been in Seattle), and he had a choice, I can see it going down that way. I'm a bit relieved that Seattle did not cave in to Denver and give up a first-round pick. That said, it's hard not to think that Marshall wouldn't be worth the 14th pick in the draft. :(

Chief McDaniels continues the deconstruction of his team in a way that as a fan, would be hard to take. First Cutler, now Marshall. Gotta feel for those Denver fans. It will be interesting to see if Denver goes after Bryant, Thomas, or another big WR in the draft. Who is going to catch passes in Denver, again? Royal and super-scrubs? Give Moreno the rock...
Sadly, I think the Charlie Whitehurst trade cost Seattle Brandon Marshall here as Seattle gave up a high 2nd for Whitehurst, giving Miami a higher 2nd rounder to give up in the trade. So Seattle fans better hope that Whitehurst is the answer here at QB.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince