DLF Members Mock Draft - PICKS ONLY (no discussion)

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:33 am

With the 15th pick in the NFL draft, the New York Giants select Earl Thomas S Texas

The Giants have three options with this pick: defensive back, defensive line, and linebacker with a very small possibility going to offensive line as well. With the players available it seems like DB and DL are the way to go. Anyone who watched the Giants last year knows how bad and thin their secondary was. At the end of the year it was CC Brown and Aaron Rouse starting at safety. Add the potential for Kenny Phillips being done and safety is the way to go.

A big factor in the decision is also the depth at the other positions. I think there is likely going to be some decent players available in round 2 at LB and DL.

Other potential picks: Brian Price, Derrick Morgan, Dan Williams, Jared Odrick, Jason Pierre-Paul, Carlos Dunlap, Everson Griffin, Sean Weatherspoon
Last edited by hosler427 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:39 am

The Titans are on the clock... Boys at ESPN are going crazy as TV pans to the last player left at Radio City Music hall, but will the Titans take him. There is a Dire need of a big time DE in Tenn, but Jeff Fisher has been unorthadox in his picks taking Chris Johnson 2 years when they really had no need at taking a t RB early, but we know that ended up. The Titans pick is in lets go to the floor....

With the 16th pick in the 2010 NFL draft the Tenn Titans have choose.... Derrick Morgan DE G Tech

Kind of a No brainer at this point, the kid should have gone in the Top Ten, many drafts have the DE SFU going here. I was ready to make a prediction of Demariyus Thomas WR from GTech, seeing how where all in love with him, he shot up the rankings after the combine, and individual workout, plus he's the best Run blocking WR in the draft. This could the first big surprise of the draft right here, but following what we think would happen if certain players dropped, Morgan wpuld be gone if he dropped this far.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:14 pm

With the 17th pick, the San Francisco 49ers select Taylor Mays, S, USC

With this pick the 49ers address the second of two priority positions that needed an serious upgrade, the offensive line and secondary. Very excited that Mays was available at this point in the draft. Gifted athlete, posseses electric speed who is an aggressive, violent, hard-hitter. Could be the second coming of Ronnie Lott.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:10 pm

With the 18th pick the Pittsburgh Steelers select......Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma.

moneyballer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby moneyballer » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:32 pm

With the 19th pick of the NFL draft the Atlanta Falcons select:

Jason Pierre-Paul, DE (South Florida)

Atlanta has glaring holes at different positions on their defense, especially at DE, outside LB, and CB. Jamal Andersen has been a total letdown. While Pierre-Paul is rough around the edges, he is very talented and could very well develop ala a young Jevon Kearse. He is a gifted physical specimen at 6-6, 260 pounds. He is rumored to run around a 4.6 40 also. At this point I think he is a nice upside pick for Atlanta and could provide that spark on the defensive line that they sorely need.

gaz29
Starter
Starter

Postby gaz29 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:21 am

With the 20th pick of the NFL draft the Houston Texans select:

Brian Price DT UCLA

My thinking behind this was the need help to improve the run defense in the middle of the DL. I also considered a safety but none worth taking here, same for the RB. I also considered a WR depending if Walter leaves in FA but as this isnt known yet that isnt the pick.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Bengals

Postby bigcsr67 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:15 am

With the 21st pick in the 2010 NFL Draft... The Cincinatti Bengals Select...... Arrelious Benn, WR Illinois

The Bengals are very happy to land such an immense talent at the 20th overall pick. Benn had a dissappointing year, but so would many if they had such inconsistent QB play. Benn is a Physical specimen, and has multiple talents that will help the Bengals at a possition that is aging rapidly before their eyes. Carson Palmer now can't wait to unleash his new toy.
Last edited by bigcsr67 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

New England's pick is in....

Postby rkrazy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:27 am

With the 22nd pick the New England Patriots select...Carlos Dunlap, DE, University of Florida

The Pats defensive line was in complete disarray last year. The Patriots managed a mere 15 sacks over their last 8 games (6 against a porous Bills OL), including none in a playoff loss to Baltimore, and ranked near the bottom of the NFL last season in that category. Improving the pass rush is priority #1. At 6'6" 290lbs Dunlap has the size and skillset to start right away in NE's 3-4 scheme. Dunlap becomes the next Richard Seymour anchoring New England's DL for years to come.

Other players I considered here:
Hughes, Graham, Kindle and Sapp

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

With the 23rd Pick, the Packers select...

Postby GridIronFavre » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:14 am

The Packers will consider four positions here. Obviously offensive tackle will be a priority, as will both safety and cornerback. A little more off the radar would be another running back that could complement Ryan Grant. That being said, the top 3 safeties have been picked already and the top offensive tackles are gone. So, the Pack decide to go for a corner, as Al Harris is definitely declining and Woodson is not a young guy either.

CB Patrick Robinson

Other players considered: RB Jahvid Best, RB Jonathan Dwyer

Edit: Apologies for the mistake. When I looked to see if Campbell had been taken, I didn't look far enough up. Sorry!
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

With the 24th Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles select...

Postby the_lung » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:10 pm

"With the 24th Pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES SELECT…….FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, DE BRANDON GRAHAM”

gaz29
Starter
Starter

Postby gaz29 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:33 am

With the 25th pick of the NFL draft the Baltimore Ravens select

Damian Williams WR USC

This has been a need for a period of time now for the Ravens, with Mason's status for next season in the air again the Ravens go and get a new toy for Flacco to throw to.

Other positions considered were TE but Heaps play and the injury status of the rookies put me off. I also thought about LB but hopefully that can be filled later in the draft.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

With the 25th pick the Cardinals select...

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:15 am

Jerry Hughes: OLB, TCU

I think the Cardinals biggest need this off season is an outside pass rush. In the last 2 playoff games the Cards D got torched for 90pts. That won't get it done. B. Berry has retired so this position has to be assessed. Other position considered were ILB, OT, QB, and TE.

I would've drafted Brandon Graham if he had made it to me. QB was a possibility, but I think the Cards will bring a veteran in. Perhaps a Jon Kitna type. I seriously thought about OT Brown from USC, but I felt the bigger need was a pass rush. The Cards front 7 is getting very old and need to inject some young talent in there. I only considered Clausen for a minute when I realized how many other spots need an upgrade. If I'm the Cards I'm going to see Leinart bust before going after another QB.

Other players Considered: Brandon Spikes ILB, Charles Brown OT, Jimmy Clausen QB, Jermaine Gresham
Last edited by Risky bidness on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:45 pm

Dallas would have liked to address the Offensive Line needs here with the sting of 6 sacks to Tony Romo in Mn still fresh. Problem is there has been a rash of O' Line picks and the value just doesn't fit. Safety is a huge need with Hamlin likely out and a talent drought at the position.

Therefore, Dallas shores up the Defensive Backfield and takes:

Chad Jones, S, LSU.

----------------
Now playing: Creed - One Last Breath

cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cowboys85 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:18 pm

With the 28th pick of the NFL draft, the San Diego Chargers select: Jonathan Dwyer RB Georgia Tech

LaDainian Tomlinson has played his last game in a Chargers' uniform and Darren Sproles is not the answer at RB. This team was 31st in the league in rushing offense and I think GM AJ Smith uses a 1st round pick to solve that problem. Dwyer is a good downhill runner who can break tackles and move piles. I think San Diego also has needs at DT and OLB, but can address those later in the draft.

Also considered: Dan Williams DT Tenn, Jahvid Best RB Cal
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

New York Jets pick 1.29

Postby BubbaBurst » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:34 pm

With the 29th pick the Jets select:

Devin McCourty CB, Rutgers

The Jets would will focus on defense with their pick. They could use a good corner so going with the local guy who has good size and ball skills to play opposite Revis Island. They could go DLine with someone like Dan Williams out of Tennessee, or a backer like Sergio Kindle of Texas, but secondary will be key. I also think if Clausen is still on the board they would look to trade back. They are short picks in this draft because of the Braylon trade and would prob love to move back to the early 2nd in order to pick up extra picks down the line.