DLF Members Mock Draft Time

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:01 am

bigcsr67 wrote:
Shawn wrote:Sweet deal for the Vikings if they can get Claussen, recent history (Rodgers, Quinn) shows that a big name QB could easily fall far in the draft and the Vikes can keep him on the bench for likely a year behind Favre. It would also be funny to watch Claussen getting upset and crying in the green room while he keeps sliding down in the draft. Goodell would need to move him to a more private room by this point. :lol:

I can't wait. Moo waa ha ha ha :twisted: :lol:
That's freakin' hilarious. I hope we get plenty of shots showing Tebow crying...as he goes undrafted. :twisted: :lol:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:40 am

I have to say the Devin McCourty pick surprised me a bit. I have other CBs ranked higher but at the same time I think he can be somewhat underrated. I wasn't thinking that CB would be the first choice for the Jets either....I honestly thought Gresham or a WR would be a strong possibility.

I love the Chargers Dwyer pick though. I think he would do really well there...

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:23 am

hosler427 wrote:I have to say the Devin McCourty pick surprised me a bit. I have other CBs ranked higher but at the same time I think he can be somewhat underrated. I wasn't thinking that CB would be the first choice for the Jets either....I honestly thought Gresham or a WR would be a strong possibility.

I don't think the jets go offense. I think there is no chance they take Gresham. They used a first on keller two years ago and hes done a nice job. As for Wide out, i guess its possible, but i think they like the braylon, cotch, smith, clowney foursome enough that its not a big need. Lowery really struggled this year, and sheppard is gone because he has a monster bonus. They need a corner opposite Revis because whomever that guy is he will see a lot of targets go to his side. As for McCourty, i think there are a lot of guys right now bunched up at CB3. But he has good size and speed and i think will show a lot in workouts. and he's a local product (Rutgers and grew up minutes from the stadium). He's a guy who will moev around a bit in terms of ranking as we get closer to the draft and personally i like him.
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:23 am

hosler427 wrote:I have to say the Devin McCourty pick surprised me a bit. I have other CBs ranked higher but at the same time I think he can be somewhat underrated. I wasn't thinking that CB would be the first choice for the Jets either....I honestly thought Gresham or a WR would be a strong possibility.

That would be a fantasy owner's dream. :D
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:41 pm

With all QBs gone by the time the rams select again in rd 2, this tells me that they probably have to give serious thought to QB at 1 if they don't trade before the draft.

Vicks value could be going up if there are multiple teams wanting his services when the trading gates open in march.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:36 pm

hot nikkels wrote:With all QBs gone by the time the rams select again in rd 2, this tells me that they probably have to give serious thought to QB at 1 if they don't trade before the draft.

Vicks value could be going up if there are multiple teams wanting his services when the trading gates open in march.
The sentiment in and around St. Louis is there is no way the Rams will select a QB at 1 and Suh is a lock for them there.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:32 pm

skip wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:With all QBs gone by the time the rams select again in rd 2, this tells me that they probably have to give serious thought to QB at 1 if they don't trade before the draft.

The sentiment in and around St. Louis is there is no way the Rams will select a QB at 1 and Suh is a lock for them there.
that is the only way to go IMO. If I were them I would rather reach for a QB in the 2nd or trade for a veteran and have Suh....

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Nice pick of Charles Brown. He would have been a perfect fit in Alex Gibbs' ZBS in Seattle and would have been drafted at #40 if still available. :cry:

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:47 pm

skip wrote:

Why draft one when Michael Vick can just roll into town....

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:05 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:
skip wrote:

Why draft one when Michael Vick can just roll into town....
They need a QB, but Suh is nasty. They can't pass him up. And outside of Bradford and Clausen, no one is worth that 2nd rd pick. If Clausen drops i could see them moving up to get him, but this team has a lot of holes so there is no need to rush for a QB. I tihnk they take a guy in the 3rd or 4th round if they don't get clausen. Welcome to the next Chad Pennington era!
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Nice pick Nate. He was in my list of candidates for the Bills next pick. The Skins aren't the only team that has a huge need on the OLine. I can see a few teams taking the same gamble.

It's hard to say what the Redskins will do with the first pick. I've seen Bradford as a 1st rounder and I've seen an OT go in that spot. Either way, I don't think McCoy will slide too far into the 2nd round since there are a few teams that need to get lucky with a QB.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:32 pm

Nice picks by the Skins and the Browns, McCoy was definitely good value in round 2, and many thought Weatherspoon would be gone in round 1. By the way, I don't think the Skip Browns were going to draft McCoy with that pick, I think they'd draft a developmental QB later in the draft perhaps.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:55 pm

Shawn wrote:Nice picks by the Skins and the Browns, McCoy was definitely good value in round 2, and many thought Weatherspoon would be gone in round 1. By the way, I don't think the Skip Browns were going to draft McCoy with that pick, I think they'd draft a developmental QB later in the draft perhaps.
My expectation is that CB Joe Haden will be there for the Browns in the 1st. If for some reason he is gone, they will move down and take someone later in the 1st. They move move down anyway like they did last season. If so, I think Weatherspoon is the target in the 15-20 range. Him still being here in the 2nd made him too hard to pass up. I don't expect that to happen come this spring.

I think there is virtually zero chance the Browns worry about a QB in this draft. I am expecting them to bring in a veteran and roll with Quinn.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:09 am

skip wrote:
Shawn wrote:Nice picks by the Skins and the Browns, McCoy was definitely good value in round 2, and many thought Weatherspoon would be gone in round 1. By the way, I don't think the Skip Browns were going to draft McCoy with that pick, I think they'd draft a developmental QB later in the draft perhaps.
My expectation is that CB Joe Haden will be there for the Browns in the 1st. If for some reason he is gone, they will move down and take someone later in the 1st. They move move down anyway like they did last season. If so, I think Weatherspoon is the target in the 15-20 range. Him still being here in the 2nd made him too hard to pass up. I don't expect that to happen come this spring.

I think there is virtually zero chance the Browns worry about a QB in this draft. I am expecting them to bring in a veteran and roll with Quinn.
The Chiefs current board is:

Suh
Okung
Berry
Haden

in that order. If the draft plays out like this one has, they will grab Haden there.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:11 am

dlf_stevea wrote:
skip wrote:

The Chiefs current board is:

Suh
Okung
Berry
Haden

in that order. If the draft plays out like this one has, they will grab Haden there.
No G.McCoy? Does that mean that since they run a 3-4 that they believe McCoy is best suited as a 4-3 3-tech, while Suh is able to play 3-4 end or 4-3 3-tech? Or, perhaps KC thinks Suh could be a NT in like Ratliff - not a big fat NT, but more of a penetrator?