Mock draft competition - discussion thread

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:14 am

Count me in for Mock Draft Madness 2010!

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:57 pm

bigcsr67 wrote:Count me in for Mock Draft Madness 2010!
I'm in baby!!!

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:33 am

they had something last year on nfl.com http://challengegames.nfl.com/predictpi ... /directory. You might be able to make a private league and use that for tracking. Maybe you guys already know this, but I saw this and thought of the thread.

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Thanks a lot.

Whatcha think Brady.

I am down for wahtever but know that the logistics or simply put the scorekeeping and deadlines would be met by this methid.

I would join this private grp.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Salty Dawg wrote:Thanks a lot.

Whatcha think Brady.

I am down for wahtever but know that the logistics or simply put the scorekeeping and deadlines would be met by this methid.

I would join this private grp.
Well, I´d keep it old school and stay here on DLF with everybody just posting his mock with a (more or less) simple scoring , with the deadline being 1 hour before the draft starts and everybody editing their scored points to their mocks. Everybody can start right away working on his mocks here in this thread, once we agreed on the rules :)

I´d do the scoring like this:

15 pts. if you say Taylor Mays at #6 to SEA and it actually happens.

10 pts. if you say Taylor Mays at #6 to SEA but they select Eric Berry(or a different safety)

5 pts. if you say Taylor Mays at #6 to SEA but the pick gets traded to another team and this team selects Taylor Mays at #6

2 pts. if you say Taylor Mays at #6 to SEA but he goes either #5 or #7(so 2 pts. for being 1 spot off with the correct player but no matter which team selects him)

1 pt. if you say Taylor Mays at #6 to SEA but he goes either #4 or #8(so 1 pt. for being 2 spot off with the correct player but no matter which team selects him)

but thats just me!

A negative thing with running it on nfl.com would be only being able to select from "just" 64 players and for only the first round:
"The object is to select, in order from first pick to last pick, the thirty-two (32) (out of sixty-four (64)) pre-identified prospective NFL players (as determined by Sponsor) who will be picked in first round of the 2009 NFL Draft."

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:07 am

up
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:41 am

Can I still sign up for this or is it too late?

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:55 am

I'm pretty sure sign up is open all the way up to the day of the draft. Just submit your mock on the other link and your part of the fun.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:59 pm

grimace wrote:I'm pretty sure sign up is open all the way up to the day of the draft. Just submit your mock on the other link and your part of the fun.
Nothing more to add! :lol:

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:59 am

Is it just me or is this a difficult year to mock? I see a few players that have a strong possibility of going earlier than I have them tagged due to a trade. Clausen, Spiller, Bryant to name a few...should be fun to watch though!!!

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:32 pm

hosler427 wrote:Is it just me or is this a difficult year to mock? I see a few players that have a strong possibility of going earlier than I have them tagged due to a trade. Clausen, Spiller, Bryant to name a few...should be fun to watch though!!!
yep.. there are some real critical slots/teams in this draft with who I have hard time deciding on one player.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:37 pm

BradyT wrote:
hosler427 wrote:Is it just me or is this a difficult year to mock? I see a few players that have a strong possibility of going earlier than I have them tagged due to a trade. Clausen, Spiller, Bryant to name a few...should be fun to watch though!!!
yep.. there are some real critical slots/teams in this draft with who I have hard time deciding on one player.
I agree. What is troubling me the most is where Clausen goes if drafted in the first-round.

Also, what the heck the Broncos are doing. They now have two 2nd-round picks and could move up. I'm not sure what they really need other than WR, perhaps a TE, and Center.

The recent Philly-DET-DEN trade shakes things up a bit, too, especially my 2nd round. C'mon guys. Mock the 2nd round, too!!!! :)
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:18 am

I think the Eagles might trade up, but they arleady moved up in round 2. Other sizeable round 2 moves were Denver and SanDiego, while Jacksonville appears to be in the perfect "soft zone" for teams to trade into considering Jax doesn't have a 2nd rounder.

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:22 pm

12 for 12!!!

Just kidding! I'm lovin this draft though!!
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

My points

Postby Scorp » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:07 pm

Think I added everything right, this is what I think I got:
#1 St. Louis Rams - QB, Sam Bradford 11 points correct pick
#2 Detroit Lions - DT, Ndamukong Suh 11 points correct pick
#3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DT, Gerald McCoy 11 points correct pick
#4 Washington Redskins - OT, Russell Okung 15 points different player, same position, 2 spots off
#5 Kansas City Chiefs - OT, Trent Williams 05 points different position, 2 spots off
#6 Seattle Seahawks - OT, Bryan Bulaga 09 points different player, same position
#7 Cleveland Browns - CB, Eric Berry 09 points different player, correct position
#8 Oakland Raiders - DE, Jason Pierre-Paul 0 points, different position, 6 spots off
#9 Buffalo Bills - QB, Jimmy Clausen 0 points, not even close
#10 Jacksonville Jaguars - DE, Derrick Morgan 0 points, different position, 6 spots off
#11 Denver Broncos - WR, Dez Bryant 0 points, same position, 16 spots off
#12 Miami Dolphins - LB, Rolando McClain 01 point, different position, 4 spots off
#13 San Francisco 49ers - CB, Joe Haden 0 points, different position, 6 spots off
#14 Seattle Seahawks - DE Everson Griffen 0 points, different position, 6 spots off
#15 New York Giants - DT, Dan Williams 0 points, different position, 7 spots off
#16 Tennessee Titans - DE, Brandon Graham 12 points, different player, same position, 3 spots off
#17 San Francisco 49ers - OT, Bruce Campbell 0 points, different position
#18 Pittsburgh Steelers - RB, CJ Spiller 0 points, different position, 9 spots off
#19 Atlanta Falcons - LB, Sergio Kindle 09 points, different player, same position
#20 Houston Texans - S, Earl Thomas 0 points, different position, 6 spots off
#21 Cincinnati Bengals - OG, Mike Iupati 01 point, different position, 4 spots off
#22 New England Patriots - DT, Jared Odrick 0 points, different position, 6 spots off
#23 Green Bay Packers - OT, Anthony Davis 09 points, different player, same position, 12 spots off
#24 Philadelphia Eagles - DE, Carlos Dunlap 0 points, different position, 13 spots off
#25 Baltimore Ravens - CB, Kyle Wilson 01 point, different position, 4 spots off
#26 Arizona Cardinals - LB, Sean Weatherspoon 0 points, different position, 7 spots off
#27 Dallas Cowboys - S, Taylor Mays 0 points, different position, 16 spots off
#28 San Diego Chargers - RB, Ryan Mathews 0 points, same player different spot
#29 New York Jets - DE, Jerry Hughes 05 points, different position, 2 spots off
#30 Minnesota Vikings - DT, Brian Price 0 points, different position
#31 Indianapolis Colts - DT, Tyson Alualu 0 points, different position
#32 New Orleans Saints - DE, Corey Wooten 0 points, different position

Total: 109 points