Martavis owners

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynastychamp111
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Martavis owners

Postby Dynastychamp111 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:03 am

There is a guy in my league that is so High on bryant he wants Jordy nelson and my 1.05 for him. Obviously i told him to go fish....
10 Team SuperFlex PPR TE Premium Best Ball

QB: A. Luck, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Jackson
RB: D. Johnson, Damien Williams, T. Pollard, T. Johnson, Dexter Williams, D. Hilliard, B. Hill, J. Ajayi
WR: Juju, Tyreek Hill, AB, C. Godwin, T. Lockett, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, C. Kirk, MVS,T. Benjamin, Emanuel Hall, Preston Williams, J. Watson, Trent Taylor, Ashton Dulin, Scott Miller, Reggie White Jr,
TE: D. Harris, J. Reed, RSJ, ASJ, CJ Uzomah, D. Waller, Ben Watson, Max Williams, F. Moreau

12 Team PPR-4pt passing

QB-L.Jackson, P. Rivers,
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, A. Ekeler, Dexter Williams. J. Hill, Ty. Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Evans, TY Hilton, A. Brown, T. Boyd, A. Miller, C. Kirk, Marquise Brown, P. Williams
TE: E. Engram, J. Doyle, D. Waller

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:38 am

Team 1 I sent out Bryant trying to get Ty Montgomery and 2 3rds. Dont really care either side. Just disappointed
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:09 am

I think you can do better than T.M. and 2 third round rookie picks even while considering the risk involved looking forward with M.B. I'd suggest not moving him for that. Hold on and be patient. Unless of course you are a big fan of T.M. I am not. I also think it quite likely that absolutely nothing comes from the two 3rd round rookie picks.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Sixx
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Sixx » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:20 am

If I had him and roster spot wasn't critical, I'd keep him till next off season hype. At which pointt sell for high first or low second. That's even if he is reinstated. I wouldn't give a second for him now. I'm in camp that if he gets reinstated, it will happen again. Just a matter of time.
12 Team PPR
1QB/1RB/1WR/1TE/3Flex, IDP, 35 roster( 5taxi)
QB: R. Wilson, Big Ben, D. Kizer
RB: D. Johnson, J. Ajayi, J. Hill, J. McKinnon, J. Richard, W. Gallman
WR: AJ Green, A. Cooper, D. Parker, D. Moncreif, S. Diggs, S. Coates, M. Lee, Ty. Williams, C. Meredith, D. Funchess, C. Godwin, Ch. Williams, T. Gabriel
TE: J. Thomas, OJ Howard, C. Brate, ASJ

10 Team PPR 8Keeper
1QB/1RB/3WR/1TE/2RBWR, IDP
QB: Luck, Tannehill, Goff
RB: D.Johnson, Du. Johnson, D. Lewis, I. Cromwell.
WR: Beckham, Evans, A. Cooper, Landry, Moncrief
TE: Eifert, Ebron
IDP: Mack, Atkins, Alexander, Burfict

Death_From_Above
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Death_From_Above » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:40 am

MB just went for 2.3 in my league

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:47 pm

Sixx wrote:If I had him and roster spot wasn't critical, I'd keep him till next off season hype. At which pointt sell for high first or low second. That's even if he is reinstated. I wouldn't give a second for him now. I'm in camp that if he gets reinstated, it will happen again. Just a matter of time.
I get this line of thinking, but how big of rosters do you need before you don't miss the slot? A lot of people like to compare this situation to Josh Gordon, and that's understandable. But seriously, 2013 was a REALLY long time ago. Maybe Gordon gets reinstated, maybe not. The Commish is taking his sweet time in letting the world know one way or the other. And if/when he does come back, what will his numbers look like? Many owners believe that JG is going to ball-out and be the same player he was years ago and it may or may not work out that way.

I simply imagine all the players that one could have kept over Gordon, or players that could have been drafted/pulled off waivers instead of tying up a roster spot with an individual that's guaranteed to get you a "0" week after week. Not to mention players that you did cut/trade/neglect to pick up from the wire because one's hands were tied by Josh Gordon taking up that spot on your team.

It seems to me that Martavis' use of marijuana may not be the problem, but a symptom. If his agent is credible, Bryant is battling depression and getting high seems to help him through his rough patches. For many occupations that would be just fine, but not so in the NFL. So maybe rehab helps Bryant find better ways to deal with his demons, or maybe there's something pharmaceutical that can get his mood regulated and allow him to pass a drug test. Let's hope so for his sake.

But in the meantime I'll be drafting players, making trades, and picking guys up on waivers to fill my team and maybe one of them becomes that late 1st/early 2nd that I could possibly get for Bryant in trade if/when he's back from suspension. That's why I was happy to deal him for a 2nd rounder when his 4-game punishment was announced last summer. I wish it could have worked out for him on my team, but I've got no room on the roster for a player who's not even in the league, and may never be again.

(I also realize from your post that you're not a long-term believer Sixx. I'm just commenting on the idea of holding Bryant and hoping to cash-in down the road)
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:25 pm

Telecomboss wrote:There is a guy in my league that is so High on bryant he wants Jordy nelson and my 1.05 for him. Obviously i told him to go fish....

I can almost beat that...somebody just offered him to me for the 1.3 rookie pick. Seriously.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:04 am

What do people feel the chances are that Martavis Bryant is reinstated for the start of next season?

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:17 am

Phaded wrote:What do people feel the chances are that Martavis Bryant is reinstated for the start of next season?
Good chance. People will say blah blah another delusional owner but the NFL wants these flashy playmakers in the league. The NFL needs guys like Gordon and Bryant and Bell. He may not be a Steeler for long but if he is clean, he plays
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:00 am

Cherokee wrote:
Phaded wrote:What do people feel the chances are that Martavis Bryant is reinstated for the start of next season?
Good chance. People will say blah blah another delusional owner but the NFL wants these flashy playmakers in the league. The NFL needs guys like Gordon and Bryant and Bell. He may not be a Steeler for long but if he is clean, he plays
He was dropped in my 16-keeper league.

I have #1 waiver priority - and it doesn't reset weekly so I would be at the end of the list.

Would you use it in him?

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:44 am

Without knowing the specifics of your league, no doubt I would claim him