DLF SuperFlex startup!

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Re: DLF SuperFlex startup!

Postby pokerface40 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:15 am

hammertoes wrote:
pokerface40 wrote:
Dookmariot wrote:It's not me, is it?

8-)
Lol no Dook you have had your pre-draft pick selected since the league opened. You will see as soon as my trade partner wakes up.
Funny how this worked out. You initially traded up from 1.07 to 1.04 at the cost of a future 3rd. Then you pick Rodgers and trade him to the same person back down to 1.07 and got the 3rd back.

Seems like the longest possible way to get back to where you started. Just wondering what your motivation was? Why trade up for Rodgers just to trade back down again?
I knew Brett wanted Rodgers after fishing for info from him regarding trading up. So in my offer to him I told him I didn't think Rodgers would fall to 4 but if he did I would trade back at the same price.

The thing is my intention of trading up was to get Nuk. I thought the draft would go some combo of Luck/Cam/Rodgers top 3. Then at 4 I would have to go OBJ, but I wanted Nuk! So after a few too many beers one night I offered the deal to Dynasty DeLorean to move back one spot to the 1.05 and get my 2017 3rd back. I woke up he accepted, and I felt like an asshole because of my agreement with Brett (iCantStop) . I contacted him to apologize and ask if he wanted me to try and move back up in case Arod fell. He was nice about it and said not to worry about it.

Fast forward to the draft, Arod falls to 5, I trade back to 1.07 and get another 2017 3rd back.

So all in all I went from 1.07 to 1.04, down to 1.05, then back down to 1.07. I still got the guy I wanted all along in Nuk and picked up a 2017 3rd in the process. Boom!

hammertoes
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hammertoes » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:29 pm

I will say that this is the slowest startup I've ever been in. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, everyone is being very thoughtful and deliberate with their picks and the trade market.

Normally guys are just so excited to start the draft the first 3 rounds fly by in like 12 hours. It's been over 24 hours so far and 1.09 is OTC.

***BTW, if you don't like this thread, don't waste your time clicking on it!!!

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:37 pm

Sorry lads...was out all afternoon doing Dad stuff. No regrets!

Now just have to figure out how to select my player. I'm stunned he's still available at 1.09.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:45 pm

Antonio Brown at 1.09. I like that a lot.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:55 pm

Dookmariot wrote:Antonio Brown at 1.09. I like that a lot.
As you should!

hammertoes
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hammertoes » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:13 pm

Dookmariot wrote:Antonio Brown at 1.09. I like that a lot.
That's awesome value. The dynasty world has taken age discrimination too far.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:24 pm

No guarantees, but he's been in the top five in this scoring format for yonks.

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:32 pm

Dez falling this far is a travesty. With QB's falling too in a superlex someone is going to bully the league with multiple elite QB's.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:10 pm

Picking from the 1.03 I was really hoping that QBs would go 1/2 and I would get OBJ at 3. Of course that didn't happen and my plan was pretty much screwed.

Being an "ageist" in startups and considering how many shares of Julio/Brown I own throughout all of my leagues, I really didn't want to start off another team with either of them, especially knowing that they're going to start losing some value on age alone in the next year or two. I tried to trade back a bit and target the Cooper/Evans/Watkins tier and couldn't make that happen. I was really close to just pulling the trigger on Hopkins/Cooper at 1.03, but opted to take Cam instead.

If I had it to do over again, I would have picked a draft slot towards the end of the 1st like I usually do (we were able to select our draft position via a random order generator).
Not picking again until the end of the 2nd I was worried about how many QBs would come off the board and that I might be left without an anchor QB in this format. I dunno, I guess I would have been second guessing myself no matter which direction I went. The problem with the route I took is that I missed out on all the stud WRs. I had an offer in place to move up from 2.10 to 1.08 which would have allowed me to grab one of ARob/Cooper, but the price was just too much for me. I'll still have really nice options at 2.10, but the WRs will be a tier below the high end WRs.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

hammertoes
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hammertoes » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:20 am

With the 2.07 pick on the clock, a big trade went down...

Madadamus gave up:
Luck, Andrew IND QB
Year 2016 Draft Pick 10.12
Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick from alphaxray

Brian gave up:
Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.07
Year 2016 Draft Pick 3.06
Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick from Brian

This leaves Brian dominant at QB with now Luck to go with Russell Wilson, but no more picks until 4.07.

Madadamus now has 4 picks between picks 19 & 30.

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:04 pm

I must say that I'm thrilled to have both Julio and Dez. But having to decide between Brown and Julio at 1.8 was torture!
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

QB- Andrew Luck, Josh Allen
RB- MGIII, Mixon, Cohen, Devonta Freeman
WR- AB, Odell Beckham Jr., Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd, Marqise Lee, Sutton, MVS
TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

wolfepackage
Role Player
Role Player

Postby wolfepackage » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:16 pm

Bortles

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:30 pm

Hey, pokerface40.

I'm not trying to derail the thread or call you (or anyone out). I am genuinely asking: Doesn't this ("So in my offer to him I told him I didn't think Rodgers would fall to 4 but if he did I would trade back at the same price.") constitute collusion?
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

harr
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby harr » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:57 pm

moishetreats wrote:Hey, pokerface40.

I'm not trying to derail the thread or call you (or anyone out). I am genuinely asking: Doesn't this ("So in my offer to him I told him I didn't think Rodgers would fall to 4 but if he did I would trade back at the same price.") constitute collusion?
Having an agreement ahead of time based on how picks fall in a draft isn't collusion just because it isn't disclosed to the rest of the league, in my opinion. I'm in this league, and am not bothered at all by the quoted statement.
@BrianHarrFF

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:01 pm

Yup, doesnt bother me at all
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

QB- Andrew Luck, Josh Allen
RB- MGIII, Mixon, Cohen, Devonta Freeman
WR- AB, Odell Beckham Jr., Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd, Marqise Lee, Sutton, MVS
TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver