Braylon being Braylon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:35 pm

Misfit74 wrote:
kris_kapsner wrote:That drop is about as bad as it gets. Though, I've seen Williamson make worse.

Though it appears Braylon will never be a possession WR with hands of glue, I still have confidence that he'll bounce back into the top 10. Aside from hands, his other attributes are off the charts. He's top 5 in all categories except for hands.

TO ended up having a HoF career and he dropped the ball like this too.

Don't believe me? I could only find a clip from practice but it was almost exactly like Edwards drop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6qFxjqw8dM

The time to buy Edwards was a few games into this season. Then, when he went to the Jets, his perceived value shot up. He's shown some great things in NY, like almost getting 2 TDs in his very first game there. But, a clip like this plastered all over Sports Center will make his price possible to pursue.

Buy him.
Kris, with all due respect, that's like saying a QB is top-5 in all categories except passing.

Kris I hate to say it.....but Allen just owned the HELL out of you :lol: . Nice work Allen! :twisted: :twisted:

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Braylon being Braylon

Postby Pilate » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:27 pm

Phish Brigade wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote: in braylon's defense, the wind gusts up there in Toronto were probably 20-25mph... that ball moves all over the place in the air...

however, hes a pro athlete, dont let it bounce off your FACE.... i saw it live... and i have him starting in a few leagues.. lol ... all i did was laugh.. it was kinda funny that they replayed it about 6 times too...

it happens to the best of us braylon, shake it off :)
are you talking about the wind gust from the ventilation systems!?!? Hahahahaha. The game was in a dome brotha and Braylon tried catching the ball off his dome. Braylon is a turd. He made a nice effort on the td he scored, but also slowed up on a route that shouldve been caught.
LOL! I've been in the SkyDome ( I think it's called the Rogers Centre or something now )before... you wouldn't believe how much of a breeze the ventilation systems produce! LOL

As for the drop? That was among the worst drops I've ever seen. I've seen many balls bounce off of the facemask before... but that one will be a classic youtube video for years to come.
Kris quickly took the heat off Spencer for that one... :lol:

----------------
Now playing: Papa Roach - Done With You

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Braylon being Braylon

Postby thewhyterabbit » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Pilate wrote:
Phish Brigade wrote:
hot nikkels wrote: are you talking about the wind gust from the ventilation systems!?!? Hahahahaha. The game was in a dome brotha and Braylon tried catching the ball off his dome. Braylon is a turd. He made a nice effort on the td he scored, but also slowed up on a route that shouldve been caught.
LOL! I've been in the SkyDome ( I think it's called the Rogers Centre or something now )before... you wouldn't believe how much of a breeze the ventilation systems produce! LOL

As for the drop? That was among the worst drops I've ever seen. I've seen many balls bounce off of the facemask before... but that one will be a classic youtube video for years to come.
Kris quickly took the heat off Spencer for that one... :lol:

----------------
Now playing: Papa Roach - Done With You
hahaa wow, i was trying to help ole stone hands out... in a dome???? wow thats ugly.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:36 pm

I can't see any valid excuses for Braylon anymore...hands of stone...

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Misfit74 wrote:
kris_kapsner wrote:That drop is about as bad as it gets. Though, I've seen Williamson make worse.

Though it appears Braylon will never be a possession WR with hands of glue, I still have confidence that he'll bounce back into the top 10. Aside from hands, his other attributes are off the charts. He's top 5 in all categories except for hands.

Don't believe me? I could only find a clip from practice but it was almost exactly like Edwards drop.

The time to buy Edwards was a few games into this season. Then, when he went to the Jets, his perceived value shot up. He's shown some great things in NY, like almost getting 2 TDs in his very first game there. But, a clip like this plastered all over Sports Center will make his price possible to pursue.

Buy him.
Kris, with all due respect, that's like saying a QB is top-5 in all categories except passing.
Allen, when you break down players, I assume you look at various traits as I do. When looking at a WR for example, I look at speed, height, weight, cutting ability, leaping ability, body control, smoothness, ball tracking, hands, etcetera. A RB would break down with speed, height, weight, vision, power, cutting ability, hands, blah, blah, blah.

What I was getting at is that from almost every aspect Edwards has elite, top 5, ability. His hands and current situation keep him out of the top 5. Situation should continue to get better as Sanchez develops. His hands will probably always be suspect. However, Terrell Owens has ALWAYS had terrible hands. He drops easy passes in the end zone every year and he drops long balls almost as bad as that one that Edwards had. And, year after year he was a top 5 WR. But, Owens got to play with Steve Young (Hall of Famer), Garcia, McNabb and Romo. Owens was a stud every year while working with good QBs. How's he doing with a bottom end QB for the first time this year? In my league he's ranked 29th currently for WRs this year.

I'm not saying that Edwards is about to become a perennial top 5 WR even if Sanchez develops into good QB. But, he has the ability to do so. And, even though the drops will frustrate his owners as well as his NFL team. He, like Owens, doesn't necessarily need to have even average hands to be a stud.

Nice line though. :wink:
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:54 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:

Buy him.
Allen, when you break down players, I assume you look at various traits as I do. When looking at a WR for example, I look at speed, height, weight, cutting ability, leaping ability, body control, smoothness, ball tracking, hands, etcetera. A RB would break down with speed, height, weight, vision, power, cutting ability, hands, blah, blah, blah.

What I was getting at is that from almost every aspect Edwards has elite, top 5, ability. His hands and current situation keep him out of the top 5. Situation should continue to get better as Sanchez develops. His hands will probably always be suspect. However, Terrell Owens has ALWAYS had terrible hands. He drops easy passes in the end zone every year and he drops long balls almost as bad as that one that Edwards had. And, year after year he was a top 5 WR. But, Owens got to play with Steve Young (Hall of Famer), Garcia, McNabb and Romo. Owens was a stud every year while working with good QBs. How's he doing with a bottom end QB for the first time this year? In my league he's ranked 29th currently for WRs this year.

I'm not saying that Edwards is about to become a perennial top 5 WR even if Sanchez develops into good QB. But, he has the ability to do so. And, even though the drops will frustrate his owners as well as his NFL team. He, like Owens, doesn't necessarily need to have even average hands to be a stud.

Nice line though. :wink:

Excellent comparison!!

tra151
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tra151 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:38 am

as a jets fan, i absolutley cant stand edwards. he has talent through the roof, but he is not what you want on a team. i really hope he isnt around next year. the td catch that he made, makes it even worse. just shows that he can, but usually wont.
10 team dynasty ppr (1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1dst)
26 man roster
QB-Rodgers, Carr, Rudolph
RB-Mixon, Guice, Cohen, Drake, Dion Lewis, Damian Harris, Darwin Thompson, Mattison, Mostert, ADP
WR-Davante Adams, Tyreek, Golladay, AJ Green, Fitz, Josh Gordon, Westbrook, Robby Anderson, N’keal Harry
TE- Kittle, Jimmy Graham
NE DST Jax DST

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:00 am

Pilate wrote:Rack him!!!

Oh, and I do agree with Kris. As we talked about this time last year, there aren't 10 WRs I would take over him as far as NFL skills are concerned.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:37 am

The drop wasn't his HANDS, it was his HEAD. The ball hit fis facemask when he was running under it, he just out ran the throw by a milisecond, but the problem is that he did not adjust to the ball. Either way he didn't catch the ball, and that has been very frustrating for Jets fans and Braylon owners alike. He has been on my bench and will continue to do so until he proves otherwise, I just hope he can prove it next year or he's F-ing gone! :wink:

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:19 am

i agree Kris. Great recovery! Glad to have you back :lol:

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:28 am

princevincexoxo wrote:i agree Kris. Great recovery! Glad to have you back :lol:
Having a baby has changed my life a bit. I can't get to this website and post as much as I used to. Sorry about that. I'm trying though. :)
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:59 am

The thing I've noticed with Braylon is that he seems to bounce back pretty quickly. Right after that drop, he made a sideline catch with his leaping ability and hands only. He's done that a few times this year... not to mention in his days with the Browns.

Braylon is an elite talent. His concentration level seems to be all over the place though.

The TO comparison was a very good one. Couldn't agree more. And TO has had a better QB in SF, Philly and Dallas than Braylon has ever had.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Phish Brigade wrote:The thing I've noticed with Braylon is that he seems to bounce back pretty quickly. Right after that drop, he made a sideline catch with his leaping ability and hands only. He's done that a few times this year... not to mention in his days with the Browns.

Braylon is an elite talent. His concentration level seems to be all over the place though.

The TO comparison was a very good one. Couldn't agree more. And TO has had a better QB in SF, Philly and Dallas than Braylon has ever had.
I think of Devery Henderson a few years ago: he had hands of stone. Since then, he's worked at his craft and improved. He still is mostly a deep-threat and inconsistent due to his deficiencies and the talented WRs on his team. Donte Stallworth is another guy I think of. Maybe Braylon gets it together, but there really is no evidence he's heading the direction of 2007. There are more holes in his game than just his hands, but I'm not interested in making this a battle. I try and learn from everyone's opinions to get better at this great hobby. I'll remain a dissident of Edwards. One season in 5 is no reason to expect a return to dominance. New players are coming in every year with great skills and talent. A professional receiver in his 5th year simply hasn't performed in recent memory and can't even make the easy plays that can cost his team wins like the sure touchdown he bounce off his face. He also ran some questionable routes in that game. He could still have a good career and I hope he does. I love watching good football and good players. I'd be happy if he dominated in the coming years, but I, for one, am not going to be holding my breath.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars