Games of the Week - December 5th Weekend

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Games of the Week - December 5th Weekend

Postby Shawn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Huge Weekend of big time College Games this week!

Thursday a.ka. TONIGHT!

Oregon State at Oregon - The Civil War and battle for state supremacy! And also the PAC-10 Championship and Rose Bowl Bid!

Saturday

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh - Big East Championship! Cincy still has an outside shot at the BCS championship as well. Looks like Tony Pike is fully healthy for Cincinnati, and the Brian Kelly to Notre Dame Speculation seems to be gaining!

Texas vs. Nebraska - Big 12 Championship! Texas stuggled to beat Texas A + M last week, and Nebraska has improved under Bo Pelini. Texas gets a chance to avenge last year's BCS Slight.

Florida vs. Alabama - BCS Championship Play-in game, SEC Championship! Lane Kiffin was quoted as saying "Florida has better players, but Alabama has better coaches, so we'll see" :lol:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:22 pm

With their NBC contract up next year, Notre Dame needs to make some noise. My Lions contact tells me the Irish are pushing Stoops and Urban HARD at this point.

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:24 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:With their NBC contract up next year, Notre Dame needs to make some noise. My Lions contact tells me the Irish are pushing Stoops and Urban HARD at this point.
Why would Stoops or Urban leave their situation for one much worse with not that much of a pay raise? Their both top paid coaches on top programs. If either left it would be very bad for their careers.

If that contract ends and Notre Damn doesn't get anything else as close, what are the chance the Irish actually join a conference like say the Big Ten?

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:56 pm

Cash money, my friend. While I agree they rule their respectful states, that is a tough job to pass up regardless of recent history. I do know the school is revisiting the entrance requirements pre-1999.

I am not saying they will leave, but private-school Catholic boosters have a way of persuading folks, especially in an exclusive national TV deal season.

I think the Big 10 ship has sailed at this point, and I don't see the Irish EVER joining the Big East in football.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:14 am

I think Pitt and Cincy will be a war.

edit: okay, maybe not...Pitt is kicking their bleep. Dion Lewis is ridiculously good if he would hang onto the ball.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:25 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:I think Pitt and Cincy will be a war.

edit: okay, maybe not...Pitt is kicking their bleep. Dion Lewis is ridiculously good if he would hang onto the ball.
what about jonathan baldwin.... hes being absolutely SICK this year for pitt.....

FITZ #2?!?!?!!?!??!!?

after watching more of him, hes my #1 wr in 2011.... above jones, above green. ya.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:36 pm

Was... :shock:

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Steelersfan wrote:

Was... :shock:
lewis has 47 carries.....

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:47 pm

Guess I was right the first time...

moneyballer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby moneyballer » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:52 pm

Pitt and Cincy was an awesome game to watch. I loved it. Dion Lewis is a remarkable runner, especially when you factor in he's still a true freshman. Florida and Alabama is shaping up to be a good game here as well. Then I get to finish off my night with Clemson and Georgia Tech. tonight. What a great day.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:56 pm

moneyballer wrote:Pitt and Cincy was an awesome game to watch. I loved it. Dion Lewis is a remarkable runner, especially when you factor in he's still a true freshman. Florida and Alabama is shaping up to be a good game here as well. Then I get to finish off my night with Clemson and Georgia Tech. tonight. What a great day.
im working so im catching bits and piecies from cbssportsonline ... :?

moneyballer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby moneyballer » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:18 pm

thewhyterabbit wrote:im working so im catching bits and piecies from cbssportsonline ... :?
That stinks Spence. I hope you got to record some on your DVR to watch later. I regret not having recorded Pitt and Cincy. Twas a great game to watch.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Thus far Ingram has out shone Timmy Tebow. John 16:33 couldn't make Tebow play better this week. I can not WAIT until he is out of college! I have to mute the TV whenever Florida plays because the announcers suck his scrote so hard it is sickening. 10 minutes left, so its not over yet, but I have to say ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:49 pm

bigcsr67 wrote:Thus far Ingram has out shone Timmy Tebow. John 16:33 couldn't make Tebow play better this week. I can not WAIT until he is out of college! I have to mute the TV whenever Florida plays because the announcers suck his scrote so hard it is sickening. 10 minutes left, so its not over yet, but I have to say ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
I wouldn't have worded it that way but I agree with your point. I'm glad they lost.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:43 pm

Suh for Heisman.