Justin Hardy...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
TmoGuru
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Justin Hardy...

Postby TmoGuru » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:36 pm

In my league we have to cut to 18 before the draft and I am struggling big time on Justin Hardy. I really like him with White probably on his last year but I dont know if I can wait. Also thinking a great chance I can either draft him very late with it being 7 rds or even as a free agent after rosters expand with the draft. Looking for some positives on why to keep Hardy please.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Justin Hardy...

Postby Cherokee » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:39 pm

I see Hardy as your final drop.
For Postives
1.He had college production in a Ryan Broyles way
2. Seems to be smart
3. His hands are big
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Rodgers, D. Jones, Lock, Penix
RB- Chase Brown, Gus, Rico, Keaton Mitchell, Dillion Johnson, K. Ingram,Eli Mitchell
WR- Nabers, Rondale Moore, Jordan Addison, Chris Olave, A.T. Perry, Rashid Shaheed,J. Baker
TE- Bowers, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- E. Cooper, Q. Walker, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:40 pm

He was really inconsistent last year but I did see some good things. I had him and cut him for RB fliers, sort of wish I kept him.

TmoGuru
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TmoGuru » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:24 pm

What pick do you think he is worth?

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:32 pm

[quote="TmoGuru"]What pick do you think he is
Early 4th this time of year
RB- Chase Brown, Gus, Rico, Keaton Mitchell, Dillion Johnson, K. Ingram,Eli Mitchell
WR- Nabers, Rondale Moore, Jordan Addison, Chris Olave, A.T. Perry, Rashid Shaheed,J. Baker
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga

Gametime675
Captain
Captain

Postby Gametime675 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:48 pm

Cherokee wrote:
TmoGuru wrote:What pick do you think he is
Despite not targeting him (or anyone but Julio) consistently this season, Matt Ryan kept praising the kid as the year went on. He's a solid prospect that would never be a #1 but he could make a living as more of a possession WR with Julio drawing coverage. In PPR, with Roddy fading fast and potentially gone, I'd be all over Hardy if an opportunity presented itself. Early 4th is ridiculous, especially in what seems to be a worse class than past few years, so I would probably pay a mid-late 2nd in a 12 team league.

Draft Master
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Draft Master » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:38 pm

I would give him another season before cutting him lose, he could be the #2 on ATL.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:41 pm

I absolutely loved his college tape last year and think he is in a very good spot in Atlanta, I'd definitely be keeping him with that team. Here are the 18 guys I'd be keeping if I were you:

QBs Brees,Carr
Rbs AP,David Johnson,Artis-Payne,Carey, McKinnion
Wrs Cobb,M. Bryant,J. Mathews,Diggs,Kamar,JJ Nelson,Hardy
TEs Reed,Tye,Warford
Def Seattle

Here's what I wrote on him last year:
bcoogan23 wrote:Justin Hardy - WR- East Carolina

Very good at creating seperation but doesn't always come back to the ball on hitches and curls. He knows how to use his arms and body to get off the line when CBs are in his face at the snap. Catches the ball with his hands and looks comfortable with the ball after the catch and does it securely. Run all different kinds of routes but needs a little work on the jump balls in the endzone, he isn't too big so it makes it harder when he's the same size as the man covering him. Quicker than fast. Has a back for being patient and setting up the defense with his cuts and also when running after the catch by letting his blockers block for him. Looked comfortable returning punts and has the strength to get away from smaller defenders. Has QB missed him with overthrows on quite a few wide open routes where he easily would've had TDs.

Someone is going to get a really good player later in the draft, I like him a lot!
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:03 pm

Too early to write him off but he was a major let down. That ATL offense was starving for help and he couldn't get on the field.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:46 pm

QBs Brees,Carr
Rbs AP,David Johnson,Artis-Payne,Carey, McKinnion
Wrs Cobb,M. Bryant,J. Mathews,Diggs,Kamar,JJ Nelson,Hardy
TEs Reed,Tye,Warford
Def Seattle

I agree with this final lineup as previously mentioned

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:49 pm

Gametime675 wrote:
Cherokee wrote:
TmoGuru wrote:What pick do you think he is
Despite not targeting him (or anyone but Julio) consistently this season, Matt Ryan kept praising the kid as the year went on. He's a solid prospect that would never be a #1 but he could make a living as more of a possession WR with Julio drawing coverage. In PPR, with Roddy fading fast and potentially gone, I'd be all over Hardy if an opportunity presented itself. Early 4th is ridiculous, especially in what seems to be a worse class than past few years, so I would probably pay a mid-late 2nd in a 12 team league.
Haha! This time of year most wouldnt want to give up a 2nd. I think you are on an island here. Did you see him play?? I did and what I saw was a slow possession slot guy. No better than Amendola. He was a 3rd round rookie pick average rookie ADP and I would love to have someone convince me he has improved from that position. Atlanta will add a WR and a TE this FA/ Draft 100%. It just isnt promising. Is Roddy coming back? Its not good for Hardy IMO
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga

Gametime675
Captain
Captain

Postby Gametime675 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:04 pm

Cherokee wrote: Haha! This time of year most wouldnt want to give up a 2nd. I think you are on an island here. Did you see him play?? I did and what I saw was a slow possession slot guy. No better than Amendola. He was a 3rd round rookie pick average rookie ADP and I would love to have someone convince me he has improved from that position. Atlanta will add a WR and a TE this FA/ Draft 100%. It just isnt promising. Is Roddy coming back? Its not good for Hardy IMO
Granted, I didn't watch a ton of Falcons games through so I don't have first hand knowledge of "how" he played, just his stats, but it's a little unfair to write off a rookie WR coming from a small school who doesn't excel right away in the NFL. He's built to be a possession WR and has incredible hands, agility and a knack for playing the game (from college tape I watched and scouting reports). He's a slightly smaller, more athletic Jarvis Landry and Landry is doing all right for himself and he was basically their #1 WR this year. Hardy as a #2 could rack up receptions even if his yards/TDs aren't incredibly exciting. Unless they draft a WR highly, he could be in line for the #2 job and 100+ targets which has 2nd round value to me even I am alone on that. I just don't see a ton of exciting prospects on the offensive side this year, especially getting into picks 20+.

jpusmc0311
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jpusmc0311 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:19 pm

I actually like Hardy. He has great hands, and he good size. I think he will establish himself as the Falcons number 2 wr next year.
Team 1: 10 TEAM PPR. 0.2 PPC 2QB 3RB 4WR 1TE 1FLEX 2IDP 1 D/ST 1K
QBs - Bridgewater, Cousins, Darnold, Rudolph
RBs - Miles Sanders, Ronald Jones, Mixon, Fournette, Mike Davis, Gio Bernard, T. Coleman, Damien Williams, Love
WRs - DHop, Chris Godwin, DK Metcalf, DJ Chark, Beckham Jr, DJ Moore, Sutton, Kirk, Edelman, Tre'Quan Smith, Anthony Miller, Van Jefferson, Jalen Guyton, Peoples-Jones, Marcus Johnson
TEs- Kittle, Hockenson, Tonyan, Njoku, Trautman
IDP: Lavonte David, Roquan Smith
K: Greg Zuerlein

Team 2: 12 Team PPR 1QB, 3RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX
QBs - Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Lock, Eason
RBs - Barkley, Cook, Swift, Cam Akers, Mack, K. Johnson,
WRs - Michael Thomas, A Robinson II, Chark Jr, Tee Higgins, Woods, Sutton, B Edwards, Hardman, Zach Pascal, Van Jefferson, Berrios, Gandy-Golden, Tyler Johnson, P Campbell
TE - Fant, Ebron, Kmet

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:23 pm

He may have great hands but he had some BRUTAL drops last year. Just fyi. Probably rookie jitters.