Hurns v Lockett

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Hurns v Lockett

Postby Hankybro21 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:33 pm

Will likely target at least one of Hurns or Lockett come draft time. Who's got the better long term potential and what are reasonable valuations in picks?
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.04, 1.05, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early), 1st (early), 1st (mid)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1.03, pick 13, pick 14

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Hurns v Lockett

Postby Cherokee » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:56 am

I like Lockett. Just traded for him but you cant question what Hurns has done. Come down to what your giving up or where youre drafting them if it is redraft. Both worth a later 1st to the owners I' d guess
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

mariettajeff
Starter
Starter

Postby mariettajeff » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:31 am

I'd go with Lockette. If all the WR's in Jax ever get healthy, there won't be enough balls to go around.
Team 1 Richard Cranium 2015 & 2016 Champion 16 teams 1 PPR 1 QB\1 RB \2 WR \ 1 RB/WR\ 1 TE
Wilson, Mahomes
Gurley, David Johnson, Jonathan Taylor, Darrell Henderson
OBJ, Cooks, Fuller, M. Williams, Courtland Sutton, A.J. Brown
Kelce, Dissly
Butker
Balt, Jets

Team 2 Crushing Steelers 12 teams 1PPR 1QB\2RB\2WR\1TE\1 RB-WR\ 2 I
Allen, Garropolo, Goff
Mixon, Chubb, Mack, Drake,
OBJ, Cooks, Hopkins, Kirk, Miller, A.J. Brown
Goedert, Hockerson, Fant
Gay
Chicago, SF, Pitt
Lavonte David, Warner, Hicks

NickersonC
Rookie
Rookie

Postby NickersonC » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:25 am

mariettajeff wrote:I'd go with Lockette. If all the WR's in Jax ever get healthy, there won't be enough balls to go around.
I really hope you don't add Blackmon to that list haha.

There is a lot of hullabaloo going around about the Jax offense having too many weapons, but I don't know if I buy into all that. Look at all the weapons Denver has and yet DT, hillman, CJ, sanders, owen daniels, and even Vernon made their way into fantasy lineups all year long (although that may prove the point further because they were all basically let downs). The other thing is that there is no such thing as a 100% healthy roster in today's game.

That all being said I'm very interested in Lockett with the way Seattle's offense is changing. Baldwin went from zero to hero this year and no offense to him I doubt it was a product of his hard work offseason. They're throwing the ball way more over there, especially with Lynch being basically 9 toes out the door. I'm a hurns owner myself, and I'm definitely keeping him, but if I had a choice I would probably snag Lockett mostly out of curiosity. Nothing wrong with Hurns though and he's shown he can actually be a pretty safe bet even though most of his production this year came from big plays, sometimes flukey.
10-man, 25-spot + 1 IR, 20-keep, standard IDP PPR
QB - C. Wentz, K. Cousins, B. Mayfield
RB - L. Bell, L. McCoy, J. Ajayi, J. McKinnon, A. Ekeler, T. Cohen, C. Ivory, L. Murray, C. Edmonds
WR - J. Jones, A. Thielen, B. Cooks, D. Bryant, M. Crabtree, K. Golladay, G. Allison, A. Callaway
TE - J. Reed, J. Doyle, C. Brate,
IDP - T. Mathieu, G. Atkins, K. Alonso

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:08 pm

Lockett that kids looks likes the real deal and has jets
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:20 pm

I like Lockett, Hurns is very underrated though.

sharkattack
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby sharkattack » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:07 pm

Hurns can be had for 2/3 or 3/4 of the price of Lockett, and imo the better player. Big body, decent enough speed. Great route runner, maturing offense. 2 solid years to start his career.

The UDFA thing just crushes his perceived value. Use that to your advantage and scoop him up everywhere you can.

Gametime675
Captain
Captain

Postby Gametime675 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:20 pm

sharkattack wrote:Hurns can be had for 2/3 or 3/4 of the price of Lockett, and imo the better player. Big body, decent enough speed. Great route runner, maturing offense. 2 solid years to start his career.

The UDFA thing just crushes his perceived value. Use that to your advantage and scoop him up everywhere you can.
Being an average athlete by NFL standards with mediocre college production is what kills his value. He's been a lot better than I expected but I don't see much of a ceiling in Hurns, I think we just saw it, and he has a low floor. IMO Lockett is a better WR from a technical standpoint and definitely much more athletic - he's like a Brandin Cooks-lite.

Needless to say I would want Lockett over Hurns in a heartbeat.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:40 am

Hankybro21 wrote:Will likely target at least one of Hurns or Lockett come draft time. Who's got the better long term potential and what are reasonable valuations in picks?
I think they are both great buys. Get em both and pass on the 2016 class. Youd be lucky to get 1900 yard and 14 tds with 5 picks this year and I am calling that Lockurns Floor
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

SugaRicky
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SugaRicky » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:26 pm

sharkattack wrote:Hurns can be had for 2/3 or 3/4 of the price of Lockett, and imo the better player. Big body, decent enough speed. Great route runner, maturing offense. 2 solid years to start his career.

I completely agree with you here. I believe his floor is higher for next season, and I believe all the hype Lockett is getting won't amount to much next season. That offense has changed, but I don't where that leaves him next season. With Jimmy Graham coming back next season, that leaves it back where it started, with Lockett just being TD dependent. I don't think he even has 900 yards receiving next season (because Jimmy will probably get those receptions), but I still believe he has a high ceiling if everything falls into place for him. I still don't feel strongly about him next season.
16 team PPR IDP||Start 1 QB, 1-2 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1 PK, 1-2 DT, 2-3 DE, 3-4 LB, 2-3 CB, 2-3 S||Salary Cap=$157.5mil||My Salary: $113,853,882

Current Roster
QB: Cousins-Flacco
RB:Blount-M. Jones-Kelley-Jacquizz Rodgers-Taliaferro-T.West
WR: Beasley-Edelman(IR)-Fowler-Fitzgerald-Robinson(IR)-Swtizer-D. Thomas
TE: Ertz-Griffin-Miller
PK: Bryant-Zuerlein
DT: Jernigan-A. Jones-J. Reed
DE: T. Crawford-Gholston-Jaye Howard-DaQuan Jones
LB: Demario Davis-Thomas Davis-Freeman(IR)-Hull-Minter-Schobert-M. Smith(IR)-Timmons
CB: Breaux(IR)-Ky. Fuller-Howard-Lattimore-P.J. Williams
S: R. Allen-P. Chung-Sean Davis-B. McDougald-D. Thompson

Current Taxi Squad
James Conner RB
Bucky Hodges TE
Jayon Brown LB
Zach Cunningham LB
Nick Vigil LB

2018: 1-2-2-4-5
2019: 1-2-3-4

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:43 am

SugaRicky wrote:

I completely agree with you here. I believe his floor is higher for next season, and I believe all the hype Lockett is getting won't amount to much next season. That offense has changed, but I don't where that leaves him next season. With Jimmy Graham coming back next season, that leaves it back where it started, with Lockett just being TD dependent. I don't think he even has 900 yards receiving next season (because Jimmy will probably get those receptions), but I still believe he has a high ceiling if everything falls into place for him. I still don't feel strongly about him next
I would be surprised to see Graham in pads next season
DE- Phillips, Highsmith

SugaRicky
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SugaRicky » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:28 am

Cherokee wrote:
SugaRicky wrote:

I would be surprised to see Graham in pads next season
Now why would you say that?
16 team PPR IDP||Start 1 QB, 1-2 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1 PK, 1-2 DT, 2-3 DE, 3-4 LB, 2-3 CB, 2-3 S||Salary Cap=$157.5mil||My Salary: $113,853,882

Current Roster
QB: Cousins-Flacco
RB:Blount-M. Jones-Kelley-Jacquizz Rodgers-Taliaferro-T.West
WR: Beasley-Edelman(IR)-Fowler-Fitzgerald-Robinson(IR)-Swtizer-D. Thomas
TE: Ertz-Griffin-Miller
PK: Bryant-Zuerlein
DT: Jernigan-A. Jones-J. Reed
DE: T. Crawford-Gholston-Jaye Howard-DaQuan Jones
LB: Demario Davis-Thomas Davis-Freeman(IR)-Hull-Minter-Schobert-M. Smith(IR)-Timmons
CB: Breaux(IR)-Ky. Fuller-Howard-Lattimore-P.J. Williams
S: R. Allen-P. Chung-Sean Davis-B. McDougald-D. Thompson

Current Taxi Squad
James Conner RB
Bucky Hodges TE
Jayon Brown LB
Zach Cunningham LB
Nick Vigil LB

2018: 1-2-2-4-5
2019: 1-2-3-4