Trade AJ Green or DeAndre Hopkins???

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Iamwebb223
Role Player
Role Player

Trade AJ Green or DeAndre Hopkins???

Postby Iamwebb223 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:49 am

Normally I don't even pay attention to trade offers where it's a lot of players for one stud, but this one caught my eye. For Team 1 in my Sig.

Give up: AJ or Hopkins
Get: Bortles, Brees, Hillman, Turbin, Hurns and Jordan Matthews.

I really need RB help in this league and am sitting at 7-4 currently the 4th seed for our playoffs. The league is very heavy QB Scoring and I do think this would upgrade my QB situation.

Anyone have any thoughts???
Team 1 - 12 Team 20 man ros. TD Heavy - Big Play Bonuses, 3 pts. Every 25 yds. Rush/Rec.
QB - J. Hurts
RB - J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, R. Stevenson, D. Harris
WR - J. Jefferson, DK, G. Wilson, C. Olave
TE - M. Andrews, McBride

2021 League Champ

Team 2 - 10 Team 22 man rosters/PPR BIG PLAY TD BONUSES, 1 pt. 10 yds. Rush/Rec. 2 flex
QB - J. Herbert
RB - Saquon, JK Dobbins, 1.01(Bijan), C. Patterson
WR - AJBrown, J. Waddle, G. Wilson, C. Kirk
TE - Goedert

5 Time League Champ

Team 3 - 12 Team 22 man rosters PPR/BIG PLAY BONUS TD’s, RB & TE Premium
QB - J. Herbert
RB - J. Taylor, E. Elliott, D. Henry
WR - C. Kupp, J. Jefferson, Deebo, Amon Ra
TE - T. Kelce, I. Smith Jr.
2023 2 1sts

2021 League Champ

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Trade AJ Green or DeAndre Hopkins???

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:36 pm

My fisrt thought is where are you going to put all of these guys? I don't see really any drop worthy players on your end.

I like the QBs for you playoff push, though Ryan should be adequate if not good. Hillman is the only player who may help you now and he's not exactly an inspiring add. Hurns to me makes the value near Green to me. It's definitely not good enough for Nuk.

I would say no to trading either, unless I'm missing something regarding your number of roster spots. Just too many small pieces.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Iamwebb223
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Iamwebb223 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:31 pm

jcc6fd wrote:My fisrt thought is where are you going to put all of these guys? I don't see really any drop worthy players on your end.

I like the QBs for you playoff push, though Ryan should be adequate if not good. Hillman is the only player who may help you now and he's not exactly an inspiring add. Hurns to me makes the value near Green to me. It's definitely not good enough for Nuk.

I would say no to trading either, unless I'm missing something regarding your number of roster spots. Just too many small pieces.
My entire line-up is not listed. I've got players I can drop like backup TE's and D's, Malcolm Floyd and Ryan Mathews. I tend to agree with your last statement of it being too many small pieces. The biggest draw is getting Bortles @ QB for years to come. Like I said, it's a very heavy QB scoring league. Matt Ryan has been a huge disappointment the last couple years. I'm ready to jump off that train. Even with a healthy Julio and good running game, he has not performed like I think most anticipated. Don't see what else he 'needs' to be a top flight fantasy QB.

I appreciate your response. Think I'm going to stay put for now.
Team 1 - 12 Team 20 man ros. TD Heavy - Big Play Bonuses, 3 pts. Every 25 yds. Rush/Rec.
QB - J. Hurts
RB - J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, R. Stevenson, D. Harris
WR - J. Jefferson, DK, G. Wilson, C. Olave
TE - M. Andrews, McBride

2021 League Champ

Team 2 - 10 Team 22 man rosters/PPR BIG PLAY TD BONUSES, 1 pt. 10 yds. Rush/Rec. 2 flex
QB - J. Herbert
RB - Saquon, JK Dobbins, 1.01(Bijan), C. Patterson
WR - AJBrown, J. Waddle, G. Wilson, C. Kirk
TE - Goedert

5 Time League Champ

Team 3 - 12 Team 22 man rosters PPR/BIG PLAY BONUS TD’s, RB & TE Premium
QB - J. Herbert
RB - J. Taylor, E. Elliott, D. Henry
WR - C. Kupp, J. Jefferson, Deebo, Amon Ra
TE - T. Kelce, I. Smith Jr.
2023 2 1sts

2021 League Champ

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Hillman isnt enough of an upgrade to get rid of a top WR. You should be just fine with what you have I would think. The combo of Julio, Hopkins, and AJ will win you a ton of games as it is. You should get a whole lot more if you do trade either
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:22 pm

Stay put. That's not a good deal. I'll rarely be the party on the receiving end of a stud for multiples trade unless it's draft picks and young guys I think will hit. In your case that trade offers you little in terms of RB upgrade.

And if you're debating between Green and Hopkins, it's Hopkins all the way at the moment (to keep, that is). Cinci's offense has matured and until Green is the focal piece again, Hopkins is going to outscore him by a wide margin and be much more consistent week to week.