CBS Sports Commish Help

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CBS Sports Commish Help

Postby balaberda » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:41 am

Ok I am not actually the commish in this league but I need some help here. I am pretty sure you can do this since the fees are a lot for this site.

Our league is very active with trades and we are unable to click future draft picks for our trades.
Is this seriously the site not allowing it?

We end up having a monster list in the forums of everybody transferring picks etc in trades and there has to be a better way.

CBS Commishes:

Is there a way to add the next year draft picks to a players roster so you can select them when making trades? If so please give me the instructions so I can pass them along.

zjdlmt
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: CBS Sports Commish Help

Postby zjdlmt » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:19 am

CBS sucks and I don't understand how they can charge money for that site. I ran a league with a friend and for years he was all about CBS and a portion of our league fees went to the site. I could never figure out what he saw in it. I find the commissioner tools to be less than intuitive, they don't have waivers that run normally, the app sucks. There's nothing about it better than free sites other than that it tracks your breakdown record against all opponents for you. This year, my friend didn't want to have any commish responsibility anymore so I moved the league to a free site and he was so upset by this that he quit, calling me cheapskate to boot. Why would I want to spend the league winner's money on this site where I get no value out of it?

I can't answer your question other than to ask my own. Why are you paying for this? Or, in general, why is anyone that uses CBS paying for it? I'd honestly like to know if there are some out there that like it. Why?
Last edited by zjdlmt on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

jason401
Starter
Starter

Postby jason401 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:31 am

I don't use CBS Sports, but do you have the ability to create players? If yes, you could create a 'player' on each team to represent each teams draft pick. You could name them something like:

TEAM XYZ - 2016 1ST
TEAM XYZ - 2016 2ND

Maybe you could create a taxi squad for these 'players' only, so they don't take up actual roster spots.

That way when you want to trade a pick, you just select that player. It is still cumbersome and extra work, but it might be less work than keeping an extra spreadsheet. Or maybe it won't? Just a thought.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:44 am

People pay for CBS because it is flashy. Has real time scoring updates and other than that it is awful.

I run my own league in MFL and I wish it was a bit more flashy but as a commish it is amazing. I will ask him about that create player thing but the only issue I see is that it will impact Roster Rules.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:40 pm

balaberda wrote:People pay for CBS because it is flashy. Has real time scoring updates and other than that it is awful.

I run my own league in MFL and I wish it was a bit more flashy but as a commish it is amazing. I will ask him about that create player thing but the only issue I see is that it will impact Roster Rules.
It may be flashy but ESPN is flashy and way better then CBS and free so the "flashy" part isn't worth it for CBS in my book since the free sites do it better (and with less ads!). All the free sites have real time scoring updates as does MFL and others. Nothing unique about CBS. I know it's not your league but I just wanted to point that out.

I don't know the answer for the draft picks but I highly doubt it since it's just a redraft site and doesn't have dynasty features.

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdacunha » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:05 pm

I am in a dynasty league on CBS and our commish creates the players like the other person mentioned above. We have been on the site 15 years. No one wants to change!
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:13 pm

jdacunha wrote:I am in a dynasty league on CBS and our commish creates the players like the other person mentioned above. We have been on the site 15 years. No one wants to change!
Thanks!

Do you know if you have to make weird Roster Rules? Or can you just create these players and have them take up 0 to the Roster limit?

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdacunha » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:49 pm

balaberda wrote:
jdacunha wrote:I am in a dynasty league on CBS and our commish creates the players like the other person mentioned above. We have been on the site 15 years. No one wants to change!
Thanks!

Do you know if you have to make weird Roster Rules? Or can you just create these players and have them take up 0 to the Roster limit?

We add them to the practice squad.

This is how we title the player:
1-16 TEAM ABC
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:07 am

We also add custom players in my league to identify draft picks, but one problem I've noticed is the players name doesn't appear correctly in the CBS fantasy app.

Anyone else have that problem?

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:47 am

Yes, adding an unlisted player to represent the draft pick is what you have to do. As for the player displaying on the app, I think it assumes the first "word" in the player's name is the first name, and the second "word" is the last name, and it displays players as first initial (period) last name. So I'm not sure what you used as the player's name, but that might be why it's displaying weird.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:14 am

I did it for him today in 30 min. Thanks guys. This commish is a slug.