M. Jones
10%

Total votes: 88

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Re: T. Coleman

Postby Water Buffalo » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:02 pm

I like David Johnson the best, especially at his lower ADP. I think he's the only one of the 4 guys listed that has a shot at being a true bellcow, elite RB, and I like him even more because I play in PPR leagues. That said, I don't think any of the 3 from the Johnson/Coleman group are bad picks and they all deserve to be ranked pretty closely to one another.

Jones isn't even in the same ballpark as the other 3 though IMO.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:09 am

ninotoreS wrote:Might wanna add a pole to your OP, also get the lurker input.
OR he could add a poll :roll: ridiculous!
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:26 am

ninotoreS wrote:Okay. Did you notice how stiff hipped Coleman looked?

Stiff hipped RBs that don't break tackles rarely have an optimistic NFL outlook, even with 4.4 flat speed.

It's frustrating that he didn't do any agility drills at his workouts.
I watched a LOT of Coleman, and I have to say my opinion of the film more matches with nino's. I REALLY want to love him, but he only ever wins one way. Stiff hips, little elusiveness (he's got an OK first cut), if it's not a track meet play, he doesn't get anything. He's probably the most one-dimensional of the top end backs.

That said...terrible team, stacked boxes, bad toe...the optimist in me really wants to take a flier if he did what he did with that situation. But if I had to make a choice, I'd sigh and go with Duke instead - and pick up Jones the following round.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:34 am

Dookmariot wrote:
ninotoreS wrote:Okay. Did you notice how stiff hipped Coleman looked?

Stiff hipped RBs that don't break tackles rarely have an optimistic NFL outlook, even with 4.4 flat speed.

It's frustrating that he didn't do any agility drills at his workouts.
I watched a LOT of Coleman, and I have to say my opinion of the film more matches with nino's. I REALLY want to love him, but he only ever wins one way. Stiff hips, little elusiveness (he's got an OK first cut), if it's not a track meet play, he doesn't get anything. He's probably the most one-dimensional of the top end backs.

That said...terrible team, stacked boxes, bad toe...the optimist in me really wants to take a flier if he did what he did with that situation. But if I had to make a choice, I'd sigh and go with Duke instead - and pick up Jones the following round.

So you guys really think stiff hips make it almost impossible to be a good RB? I saw him do spin moves, stiff arms and also shrug off defenders. He did way more than just rely on speed. He also has the size to be a load carrier in the NFL. Not every RB can juke like McCoy...He looks like a big strong kid.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

SpartyOn
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SpartyOn » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:18 am

For me its; Coleman, Duke, Jones, David. I think Coleman and Duke are more talented than the other 2 listed. I really like Jones because of the GM that drafted him and his price is cheapest of the group.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:42 am

bcoogan23 wrote:

So you guys really think stiff hips make it almost impossible to be a good RB? I saw him do spin moves, stiff arms and also shrug off defenders. He did way more than just rely on speed. He also has the size to be a load carrier in the NFL. Not every RB can juke like McCoy...He looks like a big strong kid.
McFadden did OK, but his lack of elusiveness probably led to how much injuries hampered him. Then again, if you look at RB at a short term proposition...

Anyway, I think what really struck me is when I watched a highlight - not a game - tape on him, and saw that all his highlights were the exact same play. Hit the hole, or one cut and then off to the races. I'd feel more confident if there was more variety to his game. As for size, he measured awful light at the combine, although that might not matter. He certainly didn't break as many tackles as I'd want a larger back to make.

All this said, there's no other guy I'm rooting for more than Coleman (other than Josh Robinson, based purely on his story). If he hits, it's gonna be fun.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:36 am

Coleman gets a misguided rap on some things.

He can't break tackles: Coleman averaged four yards after contact per rush last season. While it's true that he is very reliant on home run plays, I think that he's shown that he doesn't go down easily either. I do want to see him show less of a boom bust style in running the ball. Not every play needs to be a big one.

There's talent there and it's encouraging that he did a lot with less at Indiana.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:24 am

I like Duke the most but he's also in the worst situation IMO. Not a bad situation for opportunity, as I think he can easily become the starter, I just hate Cleveland, as an organization.

That said, at picks 11/12 I think you should go Coleman/David Johnson and see how far Duke slides and if you can get him later or trade back up and get him around 18 if you need to.

snitchinsider
Role Player
Role Player

Postby snitchinsider » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:04 am

1. Jones - good player, most realistic upside
2. Duke - good player, safe value even if not big enough to be a stud
3. Coleman - bad player, good opportunity
4. David Johnson - bad player, great measurables, good receiver

Talking long-term here. I don't really mind if you swap Coleman and David Johnson. I put Coleman in front simply because I view his situation and opportunity better right now.

I would trade back and take Jones. Trading back might even allow you to net Jones and another one of those other backs.
Hopkins elitist.
Abdullah apologist.
Ajayi truther.
Bortles drum banger.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:10 am

snitchinsider wrote:1. Jones - good player, most realistic upside
2. Duke - good player, safe value even if not big enough to be a stud
3. Coleman - bad player, good opportunity
4. David Johnson - bad player, great measurables, good receiver

Talking long-term here. I don't really mind if you swap Coleman and David Johnson. I put Coleman in front simply because I view his situation and opportunity better right now.

I would trade back and take Jones. Trading back might even allow you to net Jones and another one of those other backs.
270 carries, 2036 yards, 7.5 avg, 15 TDs.

Better numbers than both Jamaal Charles and Shady (they are the only 2 I even looked up)...

I don't understand how people say he is bad? Is it because his team sucked? I don't get it
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

#WhoDat

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:20 am

bcoogan23 wrote:I don't understand how people say he is bad? Is it because his team sucked? I don't get it
For one, a lot of people on here love numbers and stats. Coleman didn't do any agility drills, so people probably question how explosive and shifty he can be. They also look at his tape and assume he is simply a one-trick pony who tries to outrace everyone.

If there's one main concern with him aside from if he can stay healthy is that he always carries the ball in his left hand. I am hoping that is coachable.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:36 am

holy_stromboli wrote:
bcoogan23 wrote:I don't understand how people say he is bad? Is it because his team sucked? I don't get it
For one, a lot of people on here love numbers and stats. Coleman didn't do any agility drills, so people probably question how explosive and shifty he can be. They also look at his tape and assume he is simply a one-trick pony who tries to outrace everyone.

If there's one main concern with him aside from if he can stay healthy is that he always carries the ball in his left hand. I am hoping that is coachable.

Haha that stuck out to me also..he literally carried it in his left hand EVERY play I saw, I noticed it after about 4 plays. I never even saw him switch it over when he crossed sides of the field
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:21 pm

holy_stromboli wrote: They also look at his tape and assume he is simply a one-trick pony who tries to outrace everyone.
Well, to be fair, that IS pretty much what his tape shows.

He might very well be capable of more, but there's little video evidence to base that claim on.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:28 pm

Of all the guys on the list, David Johnson is the only one who checks all the boxes for me. You can go all-upside and pair him with Coleman, or you could play it safe and get a Gio-like player with Duke.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:49 am

this may mean nothing but watch to see if collin rahrag makes the steelers practice squad he was Indiana's C last season and has an opportunity to stick in pittsburgh on the practice squad if he doesn't suck now that pouncey is out. Colemans line looked horrific and after the 1st team qb name escapes me now went down they had a true frosh playing qb and he wwas way in over his head and still coleman piled up outrageous numbers . Including two long house calls against the national champion defense. I know it seems to offend people that he has so many long TD runs :roll: well we all have our faults .
I think he looks like a big back but weighed 206 not exactly matt jones or derrick henry he may grow into his body and become more physical and if he does w/o losing the breakaway speed he could be terrific .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci