Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:41 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:05 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:03 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:55 pm So I'm finally out:

Trade Fields to ATL, get picks/players.
Getsy is fired, the rest stay.
Flus stays coaching DEF, new OC.
Draft Williams at 1.01.
Draft a WR with our 1.09 pick—Harrison gone, Nabers probably gone, maybe Odunze.
Draft DE, LT, Center.
Doubtful you'll get a big package of stuff. Maybe a 2nd and a 4th, or 2nd and a player. He doesn't have a ton of value. Teams will want him, but with only 2 years left on the contract, and having to make an immediate decision on the 5th year option, he's not going to fetch a ton.
I think that's exactly what they get. I don't see a 1st. 2nd, 4th, and a player—London, Pitts, Bijan? IDK.
:lol:

Good call, Captain Obvious.

If they get a 2nd for him - any 2nd - they’ll have come out on top in the deal.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: All Things Bears

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:41 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:41 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:05 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:03 pm

Doubtful you'll get a big package of stuff. Maybe a 2nd and a 4th, or 2nd and a player. He doesn't have a ton of value. Teams will want him, but with only 2 years left on the contract, and having to make an immediate decision on the 5th year option, he's not going to fetch a ton.
I think that's exactly what they get. I don't see a 1st. 2nd, 4th, and a player—London, Pitts, Bijan? IDK.
:lol:

Good call, Captain Obvious.

If they get a 2nd for him - any 2nd - they’ll have come out on top in the deal.
You never know LOL. I really have no sense of his value and how the league sees him. And there are plenty of teams who have QBs that are WAY worse than Fields. Lots of teams will feel that they can "fix him" or "make him work" in their OFF. Who knows.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Jefferson, Tucker TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:43 am

LET'S SEE HOW I DID:

Fields, who will put up points for rushing in addition to his QB game. He was the QB9 in my leagues last year. With only 2,200 yards passing last year, he has a lot of room to improve. But 200 yards a game x 17 games is 3,400 which seems reasonable to me. DJM helps him a lot, as does the OL improvements, and a better DEF. ONLY 13 GAMES SO THESE NUMBERS WILL BE OFF. 2,562 YARDS, 16 TDS, 9 INTS. RUSHED FOR 657 YARDS, 4 TDS. NOT BAD BUT OVERALL NOT QUITE WHERE I WANTED HIM TO BE

DJM. He was a WR1/WR2 last year and with the way he likes to go deep, he'll flourish with Fields. I see a LOT about their connection in camps. He's going to be a WR1 this year IMO, low-end, but WR1. CAREER STATS HERE. 96 / 1364 / 8. I THINK I GOT THIS ONE RIGHT.

Mooney. I think he does well with DJM in camp, taking the pressure off of him. He was never a WR1. He'll be a solid WR2 now. MISSED A FEW GAMES. WAS NOT THE WR2 I WANTED. 61/414/1 WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT.

Claypool. Up and down with this guy, but if he's a WR3 with upside to WR2 he'll be worth owning. I think he'll do well. TOTAL BUST.

Scott/Velus—fliers that I'm mostly avoiding, but I did pick up a few Scott shares late. Scott is getting buzz in camp—he's fast, a deep threat. May be a one-trick pony. I think Velus will be punt/kick returns, and a gadget guy. NEITHER DID MUCH OF ANYTHING.

Herbert. Was bad at blocking and receiving last year, but looks to be improving. He's the RB1 for now, but for how long? Worth owning as a flex play of for those who start 3-4 rbs. 611/2 AND 134/1 REC. OKAY. MISSED SOME GAMES.

Roschon. I think he takes over sooner than later. This is the guy I think you want to own. Might be a year though. 352/2 AND 209. DIDN'T QUITE TAKE OVER.

Kmet. What a frustrating player, BUT the TE market is a mess. He was the TE11 in my 1 ppr leagues, with 131 points. In comparison, Kelce had 306. Next highest though was Hock at 212. Nobody else over 200. Got an extension. Maybe this is the year he blows up? Worth holding or the flier IMO. 90/719/6. NOT BAD, RIGHT? HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

Tonyan. Could be a red zone guy. Maybe for best ball, of bye week, but super risky. 112 YARD, NO TDS. DIDN'T DO MUCH.

DEF: It's not as bad as you may think. LBs are solid, DBs are good, DL is questionable, but seeing good things at camp. I think they'll be a middle-of-the-pack DEF, not worst in the league. THE DEF REALLY TOOK OFF WITH THE ACQUISITION OF SWEAT. 20TH OVERALL DEF ACCORDING TO FANTASY, BUT IF YOU START WHEN SWEAT GOT HERE, THEY WERE THE #3 DEF IN FANTASY. MAJOR IMPROVEMENT.

OVERALL: I think we'll be a middle-of-the-pack team. I've seen power rankings from 22 to 26. I think we're better than that. I think more like 16.

RECORD: I think the Bears can win 6-9 games. Last year they won 3, but had 6-7 losses that were by one score. I think DJM alone adds a few wins to this team (3) and the OL/DEF improvements, along with Fields taking another step forward, is another 3 games. We'll see. AND I GOT THIS RIGHT, TOO. 7-10. WEIRD WAY TO GET HERE, BUT WE GOT THERE.

So, I got a few things right, and a few things wrong. DJM was indeed elite, and we improved our record. What the future holds? IDK. Fields or Williams? Fields AND JJM with a trade down? Who knows. I'm just sick of losing and looking being a crappy team.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Jefferson, Tucker TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:13 am

DJM is great. Fields and the Bears, not so much. Fields was supposed to take a leap this year and has not, even with DJM. DJM hit his numbers because he is elite. Are we really going to give Fields one more year and repeat the same sayings from last offseason now? Even if he does improve next year, where will that be to? League average? Time for a big reset

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:17 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:24 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:22 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:17 am

Ouch, dude. Bears won't be last in our division. That will be the Packers. :D
What's the wager?
Avatar bet? I will wager my avatar vs. anyone else that the Bears will NOT be last place in our division. You can pick any avatar for me and I'll use it for what...three months? Until the next season starts? Pick a time frame. You lose, same for you.
Now accepting entries for Wicker's temporary avatar :lol:

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:21 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:17 am

What's the wager?
Avatar bet? I will wager my avatar vs. anyone else that the Bears will NOT be last place in our division. You can pick any avatar for me and I'll use it for what...three months? Until the next season starts? Pick a time frame. You lose, same for you.
Picture of Jordan Love with the text “Yep. This.” overlaid on top.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers,l
RB: Pacheco, Spears, Ray Davis, Hubbard, Khalil Herbert, McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Miles Sanders
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, Rashee, Keon Coleman, Pearsall, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, McCaffrey
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:27 am

Ruggenater wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:21 am

Yup.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:11 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:13 am DJM is great. Fields and the Bears, not so much. Fields was supposed to take a leap this year and has not, even with DJM. DJM hit his numbers because he is elite. Are we really going to give Fields one more year and repeat the same sayings from last offseason now? Even if he does improve next year, where will that be to? League average? Time for a big reset
I think you're right. People want to save their jobs/asses, so right or wrong they're going to move on. Year one—Fields got screwed. Year two—some slight improvements, still not much. Year three—finally got some assets, still bad play-calling. It's not all his fault, but they're going to move on. When the world is saying Williams is "generational" you fire your OC, draft him, and hitch your wagon to him.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:12 am

What's the wager?
LOL dammit. They did tie with the Vikings, but standings say we're in last. Sigh.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:12 am

LOL damn y'all are cold. Could be worse, I guess.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:54 am

Paul717 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:43 am We need a thread about every team from a local!

How do you think Kmet and Tonyan's snap splits will play out? I'm worried that Kmet's good games could be so hard to predict because of Tonyan in the fold.

Also curious if you passed on Roschon in any of your leagues and if so, for who? There is a decent chance he's still on the board when I draft at #15, but I like a lot of the guys on your teams (in signature) in that range. Downs for sure...and could probably talk myself into some Tillman as well.
I realize this topic has its detractors. And I realize this very reply will once again highlight the thread for many who simply want it to go away.

But...we're like 67 pages in and this was fun. Nicely done @wickerkat1212 !! I'd still argue this could be fun for multiple NFL teams, especially if there are more of you superfans out there.

Now Sir...about that new avatar you owe us. :lol:
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:14 pm

Fields is what he is, not very good at reading DEfs, goings thru progressions and its time to move on. Heck didn t jake Browning have as many wins as fields? if they dont reset this year lol they deserve whatever they become. Im not a big Williams but he is so much better than fields does it translate who knows.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:19 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:12 am

LOL damn y'all are cold. Could be worse, I guess.
Yep.

This.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:21 pm

Paul717 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:54 am
Paul717 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:43 am We need a thread about every team from a local!

How do you think Kmet and Tonyan's snap splits will play out? I'm worried that Kmet's good games could be so hard to predict because of Tonyan in the fold.

Also curious if you passed on Roschon in any of your leagues and if so, for who? There is a decent chance he's still on the board when I draft at #15, but I like a lot of the guys on your teams (in signature) in that range. Downs for sure...and could probably talk myself into some Tillman as well.
I realize this topic has its detractors. And I realize this very reply will once again highlight the thread for many who simply want it to go away.

But...we're like 67 pages in and this was fun. Nicely done @wickerkat1212 !! I'd still argue this could be fun for multiple NFL teams, especially if there are more of you superfans out there.

Now Sir...about that new avatar you owe us. :lol:
LOL thanks. Oh I thought it would be PROVIDED for me. I'll see what I can do.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:33 pm

Hey now...I thought I made this bet. :P

Image This is going to take some getting used to seeing. :lol:

my other option was: